• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mii Profile Picture March

Tyeforce

EDIT: Mii Profile Picture March is back again for 2014, celebrating three years of Nintendo 3DS and StreetPass! Hopefully we can make it even bigger this time!

Here's the event page on Facebook for those who want to show that they're participating there: https://www.facebook.com/events/529755447140221

My StreetPass group has started a worldwide online event called "Mii Profile Picture March" in celebration of two years of Nintendo 3DS and StreetPass internationally. To participate, all you need to do is use your Mii character from your Nintendo 3DS or Wii U as your profile picture on whichever websites you frequent (such as Facebook, Twitter, or right here on NeoGAF) for the month of March. This is similar to the popular Pokémon Profile Picture Month in December or NeoGAF's own Real Pic January.

The goal of this event is to bring Nintendo fans around the world together for a month in celebration of Nintendo 3DS, StreetPass, Mii characters, and Nintendo itself, and in a way help make Miyamoto's dream of Mii characters becoming the world standard for avatars become a reality, at least among Nintendo fans for one month out of the year. This is something we'd like Nintendo fans all around the world to join in on, and hopefully it can become a trend for Nintendo fans to use their Miis as their profile picture this month each year. This is a community event that's not tied in any way to StreetPass Arizona aside from us initiating the event, and our only intent is to create something that Nintendo fans can all participate in and have fun with. We're not seeing any personal gain from this, so hopefully this doesn't come off as an advertisement. :)

We're already a week into Mii Profile Picture March, and we have a couple hundred people participating. Participation has been steadily increasing as word of the event spreads, and we're hoping that participation really booms towards the end of the month, around the time of the North American, European, and Australian anniversaries of the 3DS's release.

If you'd like to show that you're participating on Facebook, you can RSVP to our event right here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/306166746153226/

And if you're participating on Twitter, you can use the hashtag #MiiMarch to help spread the word.

If you don't know how to get an image of your Mii, here are step-by-step instructions for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U:
On Nintendo 3DS:
  1. Ensure there is an SD Card inserted into the Nintendo 3DS before continuing.
  2. Select the Mii Maker icon on the HOME Menu, and tap "Open."
  3. Tap the "QR Code/Image Options" button.
  4. Tap "Save Mii as Image."
  5. Select the desired Mii Character, press "OK," and select "Face."

On Wii U:
  1. Ensure there is an SD Card inserted into the Wii U before continuing.
  2. From the Wii U Menu, select "Mii Maker."
  3. Tap "QR Code/Image Options."
  4. Tap "Save Mii as Image."
  5. Select the desired Mii Character, press "Create," and select "Face."

Once you've saved the image of your Mii to the SD Card, you can copy the image from your SD Card to your computer, or you can upload it directly from your Nintendo 3DS via the Internet Browser (uploading images isn't supported on the Wii U Internet Browser).

(This is my first thread, so go easy on me. >.< I posted about this first in the 3DS StreetPass Experiences thread, and I was encouraged to start a thread, so I hope this is okay to post.)

chadi

Cool. I'm part of a StreetPass Group of around 1.2k members in the Philippines too (Pinoy 3DS). Some already use their Miis as profile pics but will share this info with them to see if more will do the same.

PS-Btw, how are you able to take pics of your Miis doing different poses (the ones on the header image)? The ones I get using AR cards are all blurry. :p

zroid

Banned
I wish I had more warning :(

I'm kinda attached to my current avatar at the moment. Maybe I'll slap a little thumbnail of my Mii in the corner (or better yet, on Libra's chest)

Tyeforce

Cool. I'm part of a StreetPass Group of around 1.2k members in the Philippines too (Pinoy 3DS). Some already use their Miis as profile pics but will share this info with them to see if more will do the same.

PS-Btw, how are you able to take pics of your Miis doing different poses (the ones on the header image)? The ones I get using AR cards are all blurry. :p
Awesome, a few other StreetPass groups have been sharing it as well. Thanks for your support!

And you can save direct images of your Miis in different poses in Mii Maker on Wii U. There's no way to do it on Nintendo 3DS, unfortunately.

chadi

Awesome, a few other StreetPass groups have been sharing it as well. Thanks for your support!

And you can save direct images of your Miis in different poses in Mii Maker on Wii U. There's no way to do it on Nintendo 3DS, unfortunately.

You're welcome.

Oh, so I need a Wii U for that. Thanks! :)

You can in the AR games, you need a card though.

How do I look? :)

iUPhnTy0KICf0.JPG

TheOGB

Banned
I'm going to have to do something kinda convoluted to get a better result than this. (I don't have an SD card reader, though there's probably a simpler solution I don't know about)

BooJoh

I'm going to have to do something kinda convoluted to get a better result than this. (I don't have an SD card reader, though there's probably a simpler solution I don't know about)

If you're using a 3DS then last I checked you can upload an image to imgur.com through the 3DS browser, then type in the URL on your PC. Also if you happen to have a Deluxe Wii U then you can log into the DDP site and it has an avatar-sized picture of your Mii.

TheOGB

Banned
Tried imgur but nothing happened. Then I realized my sister's laptop has an SD card slot, so I'm using that.

Fewr

Take a photo using your phone or a digital camera?

stolin

I've been using my 3DS Mii pic as my avatar since 3DS launch day... I'm ahead of the curve.. was just waiting for everyone to catch up !

Done and done! Some people in the Kitchener-Waterloo area (Southern Ontario, Canada) may recognize me from StreetPass! If so, that's cool!

Fewr

Ha, I appreciate your notes.
Thanks. I'm terrible at drawing, but I like posting photos of the stuff I do. (if I could post photos on wii u I be more active there, although now that I think about it, wii u + photos has the potential to be the new chat roulette)

----------------------------------

These photos should have the hat the owner is currently wearing on streetpass. It's a huge missed opportunity to show off crazy hats.
Which are you guys currently wearing? I just found a pink ice-cream hat that instantly became my favorite.

Tyeforce

Thanks for participating, everyone!! There are already so many more Miis popping up! :D

You can in the AR games, you need a card though.
Yeah, but you can't make a direct image, so it's not going to look as clear unfortunately.

I've been using my 3DS Mii pic as my avatar since 3DS launch day... I'm ahead of the curve.. was just waiting for everyone to catch up !
Same here. ;) Though I did just change my GAF avatar from my 3DS Mii to my Wii U Mii, lol. (Same Mii, but now all fancy and rendered in HD~ lol)

These photos should have the hat the owner is currently wearing on streetpass. It's a huge missed opportunity to show off crazy hats.
Which are you guys currently wearing? I just found a pink ice-cream hat that instantly became my favorite.
I agree! I'd love to have an image of my Mii wearing the Nintendo 3DS Hat, Triforce Hat, or Cat Ears (the three hats that I use across my three 3DS systems).

Tyeforce, you're in AZ?
I am! :) Are you as well?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry. Already participating in Doujin Avatar March.

Wow wow wow. Had no idea about this. Only used the channel to import some 3DS ones. Going to play around with this.

Top Bottom