• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena [EU]- MAY 10TH

Jintor

Persona 4 Arena publisher Zen-United has dated its battler for Europe, and has sent us an image of a rather tasty pre-order bundle.

In a statement sent to VG247 today, Zen-United dated the game for May 10 for PS3 and Xbox 360 across Europe.

Source.

FRIGGIN' FINALLY, JESUS H CHRIST ON A MOTORCYCLE

hahahaha

I might buy it when it bombas. Sorry Zen, it wasn't really your fault but you can't expect me to want it as much after this long

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ha ha ha, full price, £30 - £32.99. Get outta town.

OMG Aero

They also said this on their Facebook:
So, we have a release date - and that date is May 10th.
There will also be a pre-order bonus available from all retailers.

Just thought you'd like to know! ;)

This is not the end though... there will be MORE news.
And that news will be GOOD.

Unless it's news about a delay... er... in which case, that news would be bad.

But we're not expecting that kind of news so... you know... expect the next bit of news you get to be the GOOD kind.

Little Persona Europe joke for you there on a Monday...

*cough*
Not sure what that could be though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Will buy collector's edition at zavvi one month after release for £12.99.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They also said this on their Facebook:

Not sure what that could be though.

Colour variation DLC free/already bundled in probably. The thought of this game having paid DLC at this point would be hilarious.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-Order-Edition-600x423.jpg

I was expecting more tbh.

The soundtrack is a nice addition, though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since I would have to import it to Japan and this much time has passed, so online will most likely be dead here, I think I'll pass.

Colour variation DLC free/already bundled in probably. The thought of this game having paid DLC at this point would be hilarious.

Seriously needs to be this, if they making anyone pay now they're burning a load of bridges. Especially when they're charging £29.99 when in the US it's around £20... and was out almost a year ago...

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Haha awesome, this is going to make a nice birthday gift for me here in Pal land.

Recall

I have this weird feeling that its going to have a really small printed run and going to be one of those "hard to find / pay silly amounts on eBay for" I can't even justify why I feel this way, it is simply a feeling.

Shito

Since I would have to import it to Japan and this much time has passed, so online will most likely be dead here, I think I'll pass.
If that's any consolation to you, you can still very much play with nearly anyone in the world with very acceptable lag -- I've been playing from Europe this whole time.
Last I checked online was still alive on PS3, and the new players from Europe will help rekindle it a little bit.
Now the importing part, though...

V_Arnold

I have a question, which have been lurking in my mind for quite some time now.

People say the online is "dead", that folks have already "moved on".

What does that say about the quality of this game? I mean...with games like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV AE still going healthy on online department, I do not get why a fighting game is meant to be grinded for a few months max, then left in the cold...that would mean that it is just not fun or broken, or not maintained with balancing patches. Which is the case with this game?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Any confirmation on price and AU availability? That digital fan pack is just insulting... Honestly why even bother? The CD seems fine though. If this is more than it would be to buy on US PSN they are truly insane.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If that's any consolation to you, you can still very much play with nearly anyone in the world with very acceptable lag -- I've been playing from Europe this whole time.
Last I checked online was still alive on PS3, and the new players from Europe will help rekindle it a little bit.
Now the importing part, though...
Maybe I'll import it when it bombs, since I still haven't beaten Persona 4 (have it since the Jp release day <_<).

dan2026

And my response.

No thank you go too little, too late.

I wouldn't spend a single penny to support them and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

And in June:

"Due to low sales of Persona 4 Arena, we at Zen will be ending our agreement wiith Atlus and not be releasing any future Shin Megami Tensei titles. Furthermore, Atlus feel that the minimal sales received from PAL regions are not worth the effort and will not be pursuing any other publishing partnerships going forward."

Please understand.

Sophia

What does that say about the quality of this game? I mean...with games like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV AE still going healthy on online department, I do not get why a fighting game is meant to be grinded for a few months max, then left in the cold...that would mean that it is just not fun or broken, or not maintained with balancing patches. Which is the case with this game?

The online is just fine on the PS3. I was playing earlier today and had a full lobby in minutes. Or a near full lobby at any rate, I had two private slots for GAFfers just in case.

Any confirmation on price and AU availability? That digital fan pack is just insulting... Honestly why even bother? The CD seems fine though. If this is more than it would be to buy on US PSN they are truly insane.

Isn't the CD just what we got in the US? lol...

Espada

It says nothing about the quality of the game. Few fighting games can maintain online scenes for very long. The ones you quoted are MASSIVE titles in much beloved series, and both are the first entries in their series after a long absence. It's not really fair to compare it to them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I won't be buying it. I really wanted to play the game but this has been a fiasco and I'm not interested anymore.

A year between JP and EU release might be something you just have to accept, but a year between US and EU? That is antiquated, backwards shit made worse by the region locking. I feel sorry for the developers.

If you really want to send Atlus a message that this is unacceptable, buy it used. If you buy it at launch, then all you're doing is bending over for them.

Firstly, they're Capcom fighting games and secondly it's freaking Street Fighter and Marvel, think about how big those franchises are compared to this being a new IP from Arc whose games never really sold that much anyway. I can't speak on this game in particular but there are plenty of devotees playing Blazblue atm despite the messiness of its latest iteration. The online community right now seems somewhat proportionate to the amount of people who bought the game. It takes a certain type of person with a certain type of fighting game to want to stick around for more than a year so unless its a big franchise type of game with newbies jumping into the community all the time (like Capcom games), the games eventually devolve into a few vets who grind out the game, eventually getting sick of the game itself (maybe) or the lack of competition and calling it quits. This is true in many genres where you'll hear something like, "I wish more people played (blank)"

The lack of an online presence doesn't really speak about the quality of the product. Lots of good games don't have big communities.

remz

ha ha ha yeah whatever.

I wonder if arc system works will finally release guilty gear XBLA in australia now

Slygmous

If you really want to send Atlus a message that this is unacceptable, buy it used. If you buy it at launch, then all you're doing is bending over for them.

But... then they won't release anything in Europe ever again.

Anyway, I'm hoping this includes the Australian release as well. I don't know anything about the Persona series, but I want more fighting games.

V_Arnold

To everyone who replied to my question:
Okay, I get what you are saying, but then we should not say "online is dead" or "will be dead within a week" but rather "the dedicated players who still play this WILL destroy you online, better get used to it..and some waiting time".

The former I do mind, the latter I do not.

Top Bottom