• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime that makes you go 'WTF'?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Just watched Fafner. I had no idea what the hell just happened. Giant robots shooting monsters of course, but the plot, clueless.

Anyone else?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
dUitB.gif

Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)

Kickass opening.....weird as hell show.

Also Excel Saga. That is all.

That one someone made a thread about with the girl sitting in her grandpa's lap and him enjoying it sexually. There's a gif somewhere on gaf, I don't remember how to find it.

I remember that when I first saw Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse, the movie based on the tv show, before I had seen the tv show, I was utterly bewildered by the [whole thing, really, but especially a particular scene in the] ending which was maybe the weirdest thing I'd seen in an anime up until that point in time.

Here it is.

Spoilers.

You're welcome.

I still haven't watched the movie, should I watch this?

Raxus

Tons of anime can be WTF in a bad way.

For me the most recent anime to make me go WTF in a good way had to be Deadman Wonderland.

Shiny Shiny indeed.

survivor

Banned
Anime is too tame to make me go WTF. Maybe I'm just used to it. I guess Kuuchuu Buranko would count, but only for the first episode. I got used to it after.

If you want to extend it to manga then Lychee Light Club definitely counts. I couldn't even finish it.

Maron

Anime is too tame to make me go WTF. Maybe I'm just used to it. I guess Kuuchuu Buranko would count, but only for the first episode. I got used to it after.

If you want to extend it to manga then Lychee Light Club definitely counts. I couldn't even finish it.

Have you seen School Days?

Syrinx

icarus-daedalus already took my answer, though Utena has more than enough bizarreness to go around.

I'm going to instead go in the complete opposite direction and say Yami To Boshi To Hon No Tabibito, and the revelation that comes near the end of the series.

Long story short, a girl goes through a series of worlds that are in no way connected to each other and do not follow any logic that I'm aware of looking for her sister, who has been awakened as a guardian of all the worlds (or something). They finally meet, but have to say goodbye, and out of literally NOWHERE, the girl's sister tells her that she's gonna be her baby in the future.

I never laughed so hard at what's supposed to be a major revelation before.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hahahaha so that's where the cow scene comes from.

The show is a train wreck of incredibly entertaining proportions and I recommend everyone watch it. It's on Crunchyroll. The only positive in the show is the music. Everything else just blows up in their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom