• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Yesterday I Was Given the Key to My City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

I've been out in LA to appear on an episode of The Jeff Probst Show. Near the end of the segment the mayor of Lexington, KY (where I live) appeared on a pre-recorded video thanking me, which already felt like a huge honor. Then he continued by proclaiming April 2013 "Seth Collins Month" and giving me the key to the city.

That's when Jeff Probst showed me the document and handed me a small gold box, which contained the key.

qETCGDe.jpg

A day later and I'm still in a state of disbelief about the whole thing. I can't even remember how I felt when it was happening. Excited? Shocked? I have no clue. I remember it, but emotionally I have no clue where I was at the time. I just wanted to share and ask if anything crazy like this has happened to any of you fine folks?

Seth C

Sorry, guys! I see someone has come to the rescue. Basically, my brother passed away in July and the last thing in his will asked that we go to dinner and leave and awesome (not 25% but $500 on pizza) tip for a waiter or waitress. We did it expecting it to only happen once, and I put it on YouTube to share with family (they had sent money to help).

The video went viral and people donated tons of money, so now every week I surprise a waiter or waitress with a $500 tip.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sorry, guys! I see someone has come to the rescue. Basically, my brother passed away in July and the last thing in his will asked that we go to dinner and leave and awesome (not 25% but $500 on pizza) tip for a waiter or waitress. We did it expecting it to only happen once, and I put it on YouTube to share with family (they had sent money to help).

The video went viral and people donated tons of money, so now every week I surprise a waiter or waitress with a $500 tip.

Waitstaff must know you by now. I can only imagine the fighting that happens when you walk into the restaurant.

Congratulations boo! <3 You deserve it. I'm glad you've been able to continue honoring your brother in this way, you've helped so many people! :)

Seth C

When is your episode scheduled to air? I'll tune in

It's scheduled to air May 8, but I'll be sure to let everyone know I'd that changes. Also, we gave a $500 tip here in Hollywood Tuesday night. Here is the picture from that night.

That's the girl who received the first tip, me, Serena (the 42nd), GAF's own Jason Wishnov (of Sequence and There Came and Echo fame), and my mom.

Annnnd no clue why that's upside down. It certainly isn't on my phone or on the imgur preview, and I have no computer in the hotel with me to fix it.

There, I flipped it upside down on my phone so now it's fine. Odd!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's scheduled to air May 8, but I'll be sure to let everyone know I'd that changes. Also, we gave a $500 tip here in Hollywood Tuesday night. Here is the picture from that night.

That's the girl who received the first tip, me, Serena (the 42nd), GAF's own Jason Wishnov (of Sequence and There Came and Echo fame), and my mom.

Australia?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Good Job Seth, keep your Brother's request alive!

If you ever in NYC again for NYC GAF meet-up, a drinks on me (Even though I don't drink lol)

Wag

No idea! But it's not chocolate. It's nice heavy metal with the city's emblem on it. I'll have to stop by the mayor's office and see what power it grants me. Hopefully at least a free beer or three.

It should get you out of a few parking tickets at the least.;)

Seth C

Congrats man! I heard you are planning on going to all 50 states right? Come up to Maine sometime :)

Absolutely going to make it happen. It may be a smaller version where I just go to all the states I've yet to give a tip in (so far I've done it in 12 of 50) but I've not been to Maine yet, so I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Awesome man! So, that's Feep in the picture?

It is indeed! We've been friends for a while, and he was generous enough to offer to match the $500 tip, so when I'm back in town for E3 he will be using his own money to surprise someone with $500 for my brother. And he made that offer long before his latest successful Kickstarter campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom