• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Yesterday I Was Given the Key to My City

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

Many congrats, Seth! I've been following this since your posts about your brother's passing, and it's amazing to see you've been able to do so much good in memory of him.

Sorry, guys! I see someone has come to the rescue. Basically, my brother passed away in July and the last thing in his will asked that we go to dinner and leave and awesome (not 25% but $500 on pizza) tip for a waiter or waitress. We did it expecting it to only happen once, and I put it on YouTube to share with family (they had sent money to help).

The video went viral and people donated tons of money, so now every week I surprise a waiter or waitress with a $500 tip.

Awww I remember now. I even donated after your thread on here. Congrats on doing the good work man. You deserve all the recognition.

Haha, for a sec I idly thought, "Why is THIS joker getting a key?", then I remembered all the amazing things you've been doing. More than well deserved. You're an inspirational guy.

Asimov

Banned
LitB60a.jpg

Congratulations. Well deserved.

Congrats to an old friend! Really inspiring work. I'm about to start my own fundraising push and you give me something to strive for!

Kevtones

Awesome dude, congrats!

Great to see you honor your brother like this. Seeing your mother impacted this way has to be incredibly uplifting.

Seth C

Wow, first waitress is doing a lot of traveling because of you.

Are you dating? =)

Nope! I see her occasionally around town. I actually gave the producers of the show about 8 names, some of my favorites reactions and such, but I guess they wanted to have the first one with us on the show.

Clydefrog

Congrats, Seth! It's been pretty cool to read and watch the things you've done in honor of your brother.

oh and you should totally ask that first waitress out on a date :) maybe to a restaurant? lol

Ovid

I've been out in LA to appear on an episode of The Jeff Probst Show. Near the end of the segment the mayor of Lexington, KY (where I live) appeared on a pre-recorded video thanking me, which already felt like a huge honor. Then he continued by proclaiming April 2013 "Seth Collins Month" and giving me the key to the city.

That's when Jeff Probst showed me the document and handed me a small gold box, which contained the key.

A day later and I'm still in a state of disbelief about the whole thing. I can't even remember how I felt when it was happening. Excited? Shocked? I have no clue. I remember it, but emotionally I have no clue where I was at the time. I just wanted to share and ask if anything crazy like this has happened to any of you fine folks?
NICE!!!

Seth C

http://youtu.be/UMARwm96yn8

The newest video, from the tip we gave on Saturday. I really enjoyed this one because it was during Hillbilly Days, a festival in the town I'm from. It was also cool because the waitress's parents happened to be there for the festival also, so they saw it all happen.

PopeReal

That is just awesome. There have been points in my life where tips helped me eat and pay bills. Keep up the good work and congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom