• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maron lOTl - A television series about Marc Maron

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
maron-16x90zf5m.jpg

Marc Maron has been a comedian for 25 years. He’s had his problems. He was an angry, drunk, self involved, twice divorced compulsive mess for most of his adult life, but with the popularity of a podcast he does in his garage and a life of sobriety, his life and career are turning around. MARON explores a fictionalized version of Marc’s life, his relationships, and his career, including his incredibly popular WTF podcast, which features conversations Marc conducts with celebrities and fellow comedians. Neurosis intact, Maron is uniquely fascinating, absolutely compelling and brutally funny.

Official IFC Site
Marc Maron (twitter)
WTF w/ Marc Maron

Purchase a season pass on iTunes

Reviews:
On ‘Maron,’ oversharing done right
Autobiographical sitcom from 'WTF' podcast host has strong echoes of 'Louie'

Articles:
Marc Maron On His New Show And Becoming A Good Listener

IFC also uploaded the second episode to their official YouTube:
1x02 - Maron - Dead Possum

Bonus!

funny_or_die-86-682x1cmx06.jpg

Maron in Space!
Ep 1: The Hive Mind
Ep 2: The Hive Mind Part 2
Ep 3: A Feline Liaison
Ep 4: The Unitus Question
Ep 5: Doppelganger

I've been a huge fan of this man since I was 16 or so. One of the best stand-ups I've ever seen and very very funny. I can't recommend the show, his albums, his books, his podcasts enough.

Vert boil

Well that was much better than the second episode they put up on the site. First half of the episode was pretty funny.

Mistle

Really like the podcasts. Considering how pessimistic he is about how his life turned out, it must be pretty exciting for him to get his own show. Will check it out!

xenist

His podcast is one of the best things on the internet and he's really funny. Bum Dave Folly was great.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Haven't caught this yet but I really want to. Is this basically Marc Maron's version of 'Louie'?

I'm diggin it so far.

I get a kind of Dr Katz vibe from it. Talk to a comedian -> deal with a life situation related to the conversation with that comedian.

xenist

Haven't caught this yet but I really want to. Is this basically Marc Maron's version of 'Louie'?

No, I don't think so. I've only seen one episode but it seems more traditional. If I'd have to reduce it to a similar show I'd go more for Curb.

Not a great premiere episode, but I'll keep watching.

I've listened to every episode of WTF so to say I'm a big fan would be an understatement.

RJT

Watching "Dead Possum" now. It's solid. The man should have a talk show, though. Best interviewer ever.

First two episodes have been pretty enjoyable, the flaw being Marc isn't a great actor. It kind of reminds me of early Louie though, so I hope it can grow into a nice show.

wenis

Watching "Dead Possum" now. It's solid. The man should have a talk show, though. Best interviewer ever.

It would be awesome if he was given a late late night show. Perhaps take over for Ferguson and move him to Letterman' slot.

xenist

Definitely funnier than the first one. I remember when the dead possum happened and it's fun seeing some of Marc's thoughts about it being actually played out.

RJT

Can we use this thread to talk all things Maron?

Because the WTF episode with Sam Simon (one of simpsons' co-creators, who's been diagnosed with a terminal cancer) is amazing. Don't miss it. Also, is it just me, or was he clearly high during the interview?

xenist

Simon explicitly said he's smoking to cope with the chemotherapy. So yeah, I expect he's at least buzzed all the time.

RJT

Yeah, it was obvious. Best interview since Mel Brooks. That line when he says "I was the first at everything... Showrunner at age 23...
Now I'm the first to die" and then he laughs.
Damn, that was heart breaking...

Bread

Banned
maron in space is hysterical, adomian is a pro.

I liked the first episode, maron is an interesting guy, not hilarious by any means, but he has a very cool point of view which works well in the interview format.

RJT

Yeah, his dad is great. I also love the weekly podcast guest routine. Maron needs to mprove is acting though...

Vert boil

Yeah, his dad is great. I also love the weekly podcast guest routine. Maron needs to mprove is acting though...

I hope he doesn't. It's like watching a child act in a school play. After every scene he looks up and wonders if he did it real good. :3

The guitar bit from last night was delightful.

wenis

Good news. I don't find the show laugh-out-loud funny but still enjoy it. And I like Marc a lot.

yeah, sometimes the scripts fall flat, but when he starts hitting gold he pounds the shit out of it.

Official IFC release on the renewal\\

Get ready for more podcast guests, more oversharing, and, most importantly, more Marc Maron.

Today IFC announced that Maron—the critically acclaimed comedy series starring the host of the popular “WTF” podcast—will return for a second season. Premiering in 2014, season two will feature 13 all new half-hour episodes, three more than season one.

IFC president and general manager, Jennifer Caserta, had this to say: “In many ways, Marc is a perfect representation of IFC and our approach to comedy. He also seems to be in need of a less dysfunctional family, so we’re happy he’s returning to ours for an expanded second season.”

The debut season followed Marc’s often misguided attempts to grow professionally as a comedian and emotionally with his estranged dad, Larry (Judd Hirsch) and unconventional new girlfriend, Jennifer (Nora Zehetner) while being aided by his clueless fan-boy assistant Kyle (Josh Brener). Infused with Marc’s trademark relatable tone, the dark humored comedy has many more experiences to share with viewers next year.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Latest podcast episode is an interview with Thom Yorke. Sounds like an interesting pairing.

wenis

never made an OT for season 2, but thankfully this thread isn't titled for the first season so I think keeping this one alive will work just fine. I can update the OP to represent season 2 later.

xenist

This is the most Chris Hardwick has ever made me laugh.

And I adore Maron and Black shitting on each other.

Dang, no love for the new season?

Enjoying it so far, slightly more cynical than he last which is kind of odd to me since he seems to be a much more chilled out in his podcast.

Vert boil

Dang, no love for the new season?

Enjoying it so far, slightly more cynical than he last which is kind of odd to me since he seems to be a much more chilled out in his podcast.

It's been fine so far, not much to post about. Marc turning the tables on the therapists was great.

maron1obs40.gif

haha, yeah my favorite part so far. I'm looking forward to the next episode that involves his relationship with his mom, he seemed pretty hyped about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom