• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Killing - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Season three of The Killing will focus on a new case which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes.

The season begins one year after the close of the Rosie Larsen case (the focus of The Killing's first two seasons), with Sarah Linden no longer working as a Seattle homicide detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that may connect to a previous murder investigated by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.

The Killing will return for its third season with a two-hour premiere on Sun., Jun. 2 at 8/7c on AMC.

Netflix and AMC have closed a deal with 'The Killing' producer Fox Television Studios for the third season of 'The Killing'. Under the pact, Netflix will be the exclusive subscription TV service for 'The Killing' Season 3 and will begin streaming it three months after the third-season finale airs on AMC.

Cast

• Sarah Linden is a former homicide detective with the Seattle Police Department.
  • Sarah Linden's former partner, Stephen Holder is now a confident, ambitious, and well-dressed homicide detective.
  • Ray Seward is a death row inmate who is scheduled to be executed in 30 days for the murder of his wife.

• James Skinner is the well-respected, well-regarded leader of Seattle's Special Investigations Unit.
  • Danette Leeds is the struggling young single mother of Kallie Leeds.
  • Kallie Leeds is a sensitive, introverted, and anxious 15-year-old living on the streets of Seattle.

• Bullet is a tough, scrappy girl who has lived on the streets of Seattle since she was 13 years old.
  • Lyric is a 15-year-old runaway and prostitute who is in love with Twitch.
  • Twitch is a charming, streetwise runaway whose dream is to move to Hollywood and become a model and actor.

Articles and Videos

AMC's 'The Killing' comes back to life in season 3
'The Killing' producer on season 3: 'We're going to solve it at the end'
'The Killing' Season 3: 'Larger' Cases, 'Darker' Stories and Dangerous Foes
Q&A - Veena Sud (Executive Producer)

Season 3 Fan Questions
A Look at Season 3
Sarah Linden Profile
Parental Fear
Monster
New Case
The Killing - Season 3 | Inside Special | HD

Promo Photos

Hgnw1Be.jpg

vZweSnS.jpg

Gifs

QkZ05kZ.gif

I23eYkL.gif

ubxxxmr.gif

Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1&2: 2.7 million 0.7 A18-49
Episode 3: 2.5 million 0.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 2.5 million 0.8 A18-49
Episode 5: 2.2 million 0.7 A18-49
Episode 6: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 7: 1.8 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 8: 1.9 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 9: 1.6 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 10: 1.9 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 11: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 12: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 13: 2.3 million 0.7 A18-49

Season 2:

Episode 1&2: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 3: 1.8 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 4: 1.6 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 5: 1.5 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 6: 1.3 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 7: 1.3 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 8: 1.6 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 9: 1.3 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 10: 1.3 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 11: 1.6 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 12: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 13: 1.4 million 0.5 A18-49

Season 3

Episodes 1&2: 1.8 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 3: 1.4 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 4: 1.3 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 1.6 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 6: 1.3 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 7: 1.6 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 8: 1.5 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 9: 1.3 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 10: 1.4 million 0.4 A18-49
Episodes 11 & 12: 1.4 million 0.5 A18-49

Hmmmm i stopped after the end of season 1 since they didnt finish the Rosie case and it pissed me off. Is it worth jumping back into this show?

I clicked on a pic and saw something which seems taken from a People/tabloid magazine article... What am I looking at exactly??

Stoked for S3 by the way! Go Holder!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hmmmm i stopped after the end of season 1 since they didnt finish the Rosie case and it pissed me off. Is it worth jumping back into this show?

Yeah, I'd say so. Season 2 corrected a lot of the wrongs from the first season and they wrapped everything up nicely. It's still not a perfect show, but it has improved quite a bit.

I clicked on a pic and saw something which seems taken from a People/tabloid magazine article... What am I looking at exactly??

CNlovxR.gif

I said I wouldn't come back and I'm sticking to that. Just hope the show doesn't disappoint for those who will continue to watch

Tugatrix

Once they decide to finish the Rosie case on the end of season 2, the show actually improved a lot, i'm not trying to convince anyone to go watch season 2 but i do hope you give it a chance, the two main characters have rock solid performances and have great chemistry on the screen. And the end actually surprise me, i had seen the original danish tv show and has a different killer which was good and very pleasant.

Season 1 wasn't that bad. Struggled through a couple of episodes of season 2 and just gave up. I see season 3 is still being ran by Veena Sud so nope, I'm not coming back.

tim.mbp

Waiting for netflix on this one. Ended up marathoning the other seasons a little while ago. Wasn't as bad as reviews made it out to be. At least I thought it was well acted. The mystery was kind of a letdown, but the scenes with the detectives were pretty strong.

I know the show tried to dwell on the ramifications that one death has on a family and society at large, but it just turned into a plodding mess. Season 2 massively improved once they actually started heading towards a resolution instead of throwing out red herrings all over the place.

Hopefully the 3rd season can keep the show's strengths (good performances, an interesting setting) while improving on what went wrong. Focusing on one case that will finish by the end of the season is a good start.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So who ended up killing rosie?

It was a combination of people. (spoiler tagged out of courtesy for the people who haven't seen season 2)
Rosie was caught by the campaign manager for mayoral candidate Darren Richmond - Jamie (Eric Laden) - listening in on a conversation between him and wealthy property owner (and father of Rosie's ex boyfriend Jasper) Michael Ames (Barclay Hope), about a conspiracy to overthrow the current governor. Jamie then proceeded to knock her out, lock her in the trunk of his car, and then hours later, as he and Ames struggled to decide whether to drown her in the river or not, Rosie's Aunt Terry (Jamie Anne Allman), revealed to be Ames' mistress, pushed the car in herself, not knowing who was in the trunk until several days later.

Did this main girl ever leave on her trip? Jeez

Nah, she gave up on that a while ago.

smr00

Banned
YuAN5Iw.jpg

Her eyes are really far apart. It's really distracting at how far apart they are.

As for the show i enjoyed season 1 but they drug that shit out TOOOOOOO long. You can't do this with 12-13 episode season, if this was the UK version yeah, those are generally 5-6 episodes.

I dropped this 2/3rds through season 1. Did it get better?

the second season showed a lot more of what this show would be if it were more consistently good, still some rough spots but a lot more dark pulpy cop action that was actually suspenseful.

Lets hope this season puts it all together the way it should.

tokkun

I did not really mind that they didn't reveal the real killer in Season 1. The much larger problem with the show was the 'red-herring-of-the-week' format of the episodes. The show didn't really make it possible for the viewers to meaningfully theorize about the identity of the killer because the viewer's POV was intentionally unreliable and misleading, so there was no reason to ever trust any of the evidence you were given.

I did not really mind that they didn't reveal the real killer in Season 1. The much larger problem with the show was the 'red-herring-of-the-week' format of the episodes. The show didn't really make it possible for the viewers to meaningfully theorize about the identity of the killer because the viewer's POV was intentionally unreliable and misleading, so there was no reason to ever trust any of the evidence you were given.

that goes hand in hand though. Because they didn't reveal in season 1 they needed a whole load of bullshit red herrings to keep things "exciting".

Averon

The weekly red-herrings is the primary reason why I dropped it. I don't mind red-herrings, if they are done well. But this show (at the time I dropped it) didn't handle red-herrings well. And it was a weekly thing.

pargonta

yesssssss, back again.

right off the bat, i am afraid of the glorification of violence and crime. part of the appeal of the show to me was the grounded realism and non-glorification in how they dealt with the somber grief of a crime.

the tally marks showing deaths in marketing seems gross to me already, "who is dead this week? tune in to find out!" but hopefully this is handled well in the show.

if the pacing, the color palette, and the handling of violence/crime/death has changed too much, i will be upset. can't wait till next week!

kurahador

I'm in!!

The conclusion to Rosie Larson case was one of the most satisfying thing I've ever watch on tv. You guys who dropped it should watch the final 3 eps of season 2.

Violet_0

Banned
It was a combination of people. (spoiler tagged out of courtesy for the people who haven't seen season 2)
Rosie was caught by the campaign manager for mayoral candidate Darren Richmond - Jamie (Eric Laden) - listening in on a conversation between him and wealthy property owner (and father of Rosie's ex boyfriend Jasper) Michael Ames (Barclay Hope), about a conspiracy to overthrow the current governor. Jamie then proceeded to knock her out, lock her in the trunk of his car, and then hours later, as he and Ames struggled to decide whether to drown her in the river or not, Rosie's Aunt Terry (Jamie Anne Allman), revealed to be Ames' mistress, pushed the car in herself, not knowing who was in the trunk until several days later.

this sounds terrible and contrived. S1 sucked after the first episode, glad I dropped the show. I should probably watch the original instead

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom