• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII dated: 2014/2/11 US & 2/14 Europe, E3 trailer

Jubern

As per the official trailer published right now by Square-Enix Europe.
Also, release date for Japan confirmed to be November 21 2013.

(Thanks to Kagari for digging the various updates)

US boxart:
8965431748_c1a19b7d91_c.jpg

Japanese boxart can be seen here

Japan-only "Lightning Box" (26 000¥, roughly 200€/$260):

Controller:

Don't think they announced a Lightning pillow cover or anything yet.
What is Toriyama doing, you might wonder.

Blog post:
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-latest-trailer

Direct link to the Western version trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2nZvrFiwM
Direct link to the Japanese version trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9KfTkVvoI4&feature=youtube_gdata

Screens from the official site:

Facebook image dump

Why am I even doing this, I don't want this game. Well kind of. I'm not sure. Help.

I hate FFXIII and XIII-2.

Yet I still beat both of them.

I will hate this one. But will still beat it.

Will get when it's less than $20 a month after release like I did with FFXIII and XIII-2.

zeopower6

You know what I am... Wing Gundam. Also, I wonder if Hope is gonna get involved somehow due to the prophecy thing in XIII-2...

serious question; how well did the ff13 games do for SE?

XIII is one of the highest selling PS3 titles worldwide, I think... And XIII-2 sold more than just about every PS3 game released in Japan excpet a select few since it came out. I think it even outsold Yakuza?

Pretty much destroys all hope that Versus would be a Spring 2014 title. Looking more like a Summer 2014 release.

I wonder what is the cause of the delay. They seemed to have been making good progress and the destructoid dude said the game appeared finished to him.

Mr. RHC

Loool, "You gonna try to kill me, HUHUHhUHHH???" Angry Snow is best Snow.

I guess this is good news for XIII fans, looks like a XIII-3, alright.

So the leaks begin? Edit: Nevermind, officially it seems.

StuBurns

Banned
serious question; how well did the ff13 games do for SE?
The first one did pretty well, although the first game was probably very very expensive, so the return can't have been that high, the second one under performed, and was over-shipped by quite a bit.

Not surprising, as I always say, with the amount of games that is going to be released from now till the end of the year, it is just too damn risky to introduce another game this year, 2014 is a better fit.

Jubern

Pretty much destroys all hope that Versus would be a Spring 2014 title. Looking more like a Summer 2014 release.

I wonder what is the cause of the delay. They seemed to have been making good progress and the destructoid dude said the game appeared finished to him.

Versus XIII coming out by the end of the year, obviously.

Hilarious. When you delay a game that is a glorified expansion pack (in terms of assets not necessarily content)...

The optimist in me says the delay is for polish and to make the game right but the pessimist says Square Enix has some huge problems in their development pipeline.

Squire

Banned
Silent delay.

I'm surprised they're this smart. It would've bombed hard this fall. Still might, but at least there's no competition to speak of (yet).

And this will let FFX/X-2 HD breathe, which I'm happy about.

LR itself? Bad graphics, bad frame rate, same-ish gameplay. Story looks absolutely incomprehensible.

If it was hitting in November we'd be past this shit sooner. *sigh*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wuh. I was expecting it to be released this year.

Oh well. I hope Tales of Symphonia Chronicles doesn't release at the same time (but I have a feeling it will).

Top Bottom