• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII dated: 2014/2/11 US & 2/14 Europe, E3 trailer

Persona86

Banned
I know I'm in the minority but I am somewhat looking forward to this game, it seems so far removed from XIII that its like some interesting parallel universe. Definitely looks to be the most interesting game in the trilogy so we'll see. Maybe not a day 1 purchase but I'm sure the game will drop to $40 in no time.

I'm sold on Lumina though, I love her creepy cuteness.

Yeah like I said in my previous comment, the only reason I'm interested in this game is because it seems so different from the previous ones, the Majoras mask time thing and the gameplay changes intrigue me. Also Snow's change has got me interested.

Versus will be many many times better thou, but I'll still buy this just to check it out.

Midou

Like I said earlier, what I'd like to hear clarified during E3 or whatever later demos is the extent of the customization. As it stands 12 skills at once is kind of weak. Customization is something I associate pretty heavily with Final Fantasy... until XIII at least I guess.

Kagari, if possible can you try and get some info on why the localization is coming 3 months later? There really seems no reason why this can't be a worldwide release given how they're working on both versions simultaneously.

Midou

Kagari, if possible can you try and get some info on why the localization is coming 3 months later? There really seems no reason why this can't be a worldwide release given how they're working on both versions simultaneously.

Think the general assumption when this was first announced was the suicidal release of a game in the west during that time. With the consoles launching as well as lots of big western titles (call of duty, assassin's creed, batman, etc) they wanted to probably optimize sales and release it later.

I know people will say there is little overlap, but the sales of those types of games means their audience is pretty large, so there will certainly be some overlap.

Toth

Think the general assumption when this was first announced was the suicidal release of a game in the west during that time. With the consoles launching as well as lots of big western titles (call of duty, assassin's creed, batman, etc) they wanted to probably optimize sales and release it later.

I know people will say there is little overlap, but the sales of those types of games means their audience is pretty large, so there will certainly be some overlap.

That's probably the case but I would like to hear some kind of response from SE.

Hmmm so if we assume that to be true, and that Next Gen consoles are coming November (black Friday sale) then I suppose that means they really aren't targeting Japan as much as US/EU for this new console generation.

Top Bottom