• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Producer Thinks It'd Be a 'Waste' to Not Return to Parasite Eve

GrayChild

Via IGN:

Kitase said this during an interview with Japanese wrestler Kenny Omega for the official Square Enix YouTube channel. Omega brought up the fact that Kitase was the producer for The 3rd Birthday, which was the third and so far final game in the Parasite Eve series, released for PSP in Japan in 2010.

Omega then asked Kitase if he would like to see more Parasite Eve in the future. "The characters are very deep and rich, especially Aya Brea," Kitase said. "I don't know of any plans right now, but it would be a waste to not use those characters."

Clearly angling for a remake or another original game in the Parasite Eve series, Omega responded saying that, "horror games are very popular right now, and Parasite Eve had some RPG elements to it. It was very original and unique, so I think now is a good time… Parasite Eve has a very unique game style. There are no games like it right now."

Just do it, Square. The time is right.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I would love to see this series return. I wasn't that amazed by The 3rd Birthday, but 1 &2 were excellent. The original by far was the best. Yeah, they're throwing so many different ideas with Final Fantasy. It would definitely be a waste if they did nothing with Parasite Eve. It has an incredibly interesting plot, especially since the world is facing a deadly virus.

Gargus

Banned
I'd rather see a remaster of parasite eve 1 and 2 instead of ff7 remake. Or vagrant story, or any number of games they made back when square made good games.

E.T. Waifu

Can you imagine a remake of the first game with the combat system of RE6 + magic???? What the fuck are you waiting for, SE?

E.T. Waifu

How about a new game rather than just remaking things?

I'm just saying. A new Parasite Eve would be good.
You know, I'm kinda tired of remakes too(I need Code Veronica and Parasite Eve tho), but I think remaking this is for the best. It would help them see what made the series so interesting in the first place, and maybe, who knows, revive the series with this game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
A new game in the series would be more interesting. The first PE would be a great template, though - urban setting, unique turn-based combat system... good stuff. But please, give remakes a rest.

Aggelos

Parasite Eve 2 was really weird man. Clunky, dull, cumbersome, an RE clone that for some weird reason didn't work that well. I wanted it to be good, you know.
Back then, in the year of 2000, the hype with RE-like games was straight off the chart (Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve etc). It looked awesome in magazines, you know.

Kenichi Iwao was the director of it. Mind you, he was the guy who wrote the plot for the original Resident Evil of 1996, and then left Capcom to go work for Squaresoft.

3rd Birthday was directed by Hajime Tabata, never to be HD-remastered for PS4-Xbox One-Switch.
Tabata has unfortunately left Square-Enix only to found his own Dev-Studio.

Last edited:
Come on, guys. 3rd Birthday's gameplay wasn't that bad. Sure the story was shit but the damage system needs to be preserved for any future games in the series. And hopefully released on PC so someone can mod in ;) gameplay ;) improvements to that particular system.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No thanks. I rather not have parasite eve remade
Then to buy it in pieces

Us poor Europeans never got to play the first game. And, as a result, I never bothered with the second or third. Have always heard good things, though, so would love to a remake.

V4skunk

Banned
Us poor Europeans never got to play the first game. And, as a result, I never bothered with the second or third. Have always heard good things, though, so would love to a remake.
I'm English and played all the imports.
Are you saying you didn't even chip your ps1?

MDSLKTR

So this is why I never managed to play the first one. I loved the 2nd tough, something about the squaresoft anime touch in a modern urban setting was very charming.

Paracelsus

Parasite Eve could use a joint Capcom project.
Imagine PE and PE2 redone in the style of REmake 2 and 3.
Retcon PE3 and pretend it never existed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Parasite Eve by Platinum Games please.

Imagine PE with Vanquish kind of gameplay.

Parasite Eve by Platinum Games please.

Imagine PE with Vanquish kind of gameplay.

Than that wouldnt be Parasite Eve but some spiritual remake min name only. PE is Final Fantasy gameplay mixed with RE horror. I dont see where Vanquish third person action shooter fits in your imagination.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Than that wouldnt be Parasite Eve but some spiritual remake min name only. PE is Final Fantasy gameplay mixed with RE horror. I dont see where Vanquish third person action shooter fits in your imagination.

Well, 3rd Birthday is TPS and the redeeming factor of that game is the battle system. In fact T3B's gameplay > PE1 and PE2 gameplay, but of course PE1 story >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash >>>> T3B story.

YukiOnna

As long as Tabata and Toriyama never touch the story or game again, I'm down, Kitase-P. A Parasite Eve game with mostly new staff would be really nice.

Top Bottom