• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: 'Gamescom Is Going To Be A PS Vita Show'

"It's all about momentum. It's about showcasing PS4 in all its glorified beauty and it's not just the console. It's about the titles, it's about the games, it's about the independent titles. It's also about PS3, it's also about PS Vita. We blew it out of the park this E3 with PlayStation 4 but PS Vita has so much more to go, we've got so much more love to show at the showcase and I can safely say Gamescom is definitely going to be a PS Vita show, so you'll see."

Nowgamer via Hiphopgamer

Sendou

Yeah Sony I guess we'll see about that. This is how it sounds to me: "PS4 is our top priority but we have to mention these other platforms too because it would look bad if we didn't"

Fool me once..

Vita has been abysmal at the majority of events in the last year. 2 E3s, a TGS, multiple Vita 'Heaven' events.

Yet, it still somehow has just enough games this year to keep me interested. It's next year's lineup i'm worried about.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm guessing it'll just be the E3 show floor redux, with some confetti or neon lights to spice up the area.

Not even going to bother making my usual Dragon Quest 8 HD beg. There won't be any new games from major publishers.

Well, I expect a better Vita showing at Gamescom than E3, but that's not a particularly high bar to clear. Guessing Bend's next game and another Ubisoft title, maybe something else from a third party. More likely than not a US/EU price drop as well.

Nibel

If I go to Gamescom this year, then I would definitely check out Tearaway and their PSV stuff in general

Oh, and no price cut necessary: the system is available for like 130€ on eBay.de

BibiMaghoo

I'm not convinced that people yet to buy one are waiting for a price drop.

They, as the people that have already bought one, are waiting for games.

Yes, calm down, I know the Vita has many games, but 90% of them are mobile or indie games, and they are not for everyone.

I actually want AAA titles on my Vita, not games I can buy for £1 on my PC.

marrec

Banned
Fool me once....

Not getting on the hype train.

You know, I'm really happy with the games that have been announced for the Vita so far. If they stopped supporting it today and just released all the previously announced games, I'd still have plenty of stuff to look forward too and lots of stuff in the backlog.

I can't get hyped again for something that may not come. I've grown content. In my contentedness, I've found... peace.

DPtheGod

If that was the case I'm actually entirely sure that would have been mentioned at the E3 conference. No doubt about it.

In other words, no.

I know I was just jk. :( Picture the madness, though!

In all honesty hopefully that game hyped a while back on twitter is shown.

marrec

Banned
And before anyone says anything bad about Shahid, he's done a great job at bringing amazing games to the Vita.

*back to contented peace*

lol

This beyond sad.
Maybe I'll be suprised but I read that and instead of getting hype like past events I just laugh.
Sony you so cray

DirtRiver

If there's a place to announce a price drop / console revision / memory card price drop or redesign this is it.

I'm holding on buying of my Vita until Gamescon and until they announce one of the three things above.

slider

As a Vita owner I hope so. But I think I'd rather a raft of PS4 titles.

As it's already out I'd handle Vita titles, even big Vita titles, in a different way. I'd say they can be unveiled any time; magazine reveals, countdown timers on websites and any other pedestrian bumph.

Zoe

That makes sense considering everything we've been hearing has been from Shahid @ SCEE.

Do you think they'll show a tweaked model (akin to the various little revisions the PSP got) or stick with the Vita as it currently is? I'm not sure I'd want them to change it, is there something physical Vita owners think needs improving?

A revision might be to cut down production costs, but if there was one, I'd hope there'd be some benefit to go along with it.

You know, I'm really happy with the games that have been announced for the Vita so far. If they stopped supporting it today and just released all the previously announced games, I'd still have plenty of stuff to look forward too and lots of stuff in the backlog.

I can't get hyped again for something that may not come. I've grown content. In my contentedness, I've found... peace.

And that's fine. I like indies. I'm ok with where the Vita is, since the alternative is a dead console.

It's just not a good idea to keep hyping things up, only to give us things like Destiny of Spirits. Sony has never backed up the hype when it comes to the Vita. Never.

StuBurns

Banned
I think that's unwise. They have like fifteen unannounced PS4 exclusives for the first year, and MS are getting really serious. They should be going for MS's throat, not paddling in the shallow end with Vita.

Top Bottom