• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: 'Gamescom Is Going To Be A PS Vita Show'

Hanmik

Won't it be too much GT games in such short time span with GT6 coming out at the end of the year?

Either way, they must have lots and lots of western and japanese titles planned for this. If not then they just said it to hype everyone like the Vita Haven, E3 and other stuff they promised PS users

the GT6 reveal was strange.. they mentioned some stuff about watching stuff etc, on tablets and Mobiles.. but they never ever touched on anything for the Vita. This makes me believe a GT is planned for Vita.

SmokyDave

Gran turismo vita must be on the horizon. If its not out next year I will fall in line with people who think SCE don't want no vita.
The fact that neither GT nor GoW have even been teased blows my mind. Imagine a Nintendo handheld where you didn't know if Pokemon or Mario was going to be released. Fucking nuts.

Skyzard

Banned
Sony ought to dance fucking dirty at Gamescom. I don't care about how long it took from announce to release for GT on PSP. Do it. It needs it at this point.

Down res some GT6 shots and tone down aa and shadows "Coming eventually" =P

I'm really hoping Sony announce a revision/price cut for Vita. I'm almost ready to jump in due to my PS+ backlog, so something that may help reinvigorate the platform might just be the breaking point for me.

The fact that neither GT nor GoW have even been teased blows my mind. Imagine a Nintendo handheld where you didn't know if Pokemon or Mario was going to be released. Fucking nuts.

It really is crazy that the Vita has been out as long as it has, yet there hasn't been one murmur from Sony regarding a Gran Turismo Vita. I don't know if GT could save the system, but it sure as fucking hell would help its prospects a little!

Vita needs a GTA game, GTA was one of the most popular games on the PSP. San Andreas HD/Stories need to happen especially if you consider people will want more of SA after V.

I have a Vita and I'm not fussed GT isn't on the system yet.

I find GT games boring and a chore to play, and can take a while to get anywhere (I feel that when it comes to the licences my Vita will be in a million pieces!)

Now a brand new IP racer with the characteristic of PGR and I am buying that day 1... maybe even a limited edition depending on what it contains.

It really is crazy that the Vita has been out as long as it has, yet there hasn't been one murmur from Sony regarding a Gran Turismo Vita. I don't know if GT could save the system, but it sure as fucking hell would help its prospects a little!

Especially when a shitty PSP GT sold 4.2 million copies. GT would give the Vita a huge boost.

kick51

Banned

GOW needs a serious rest and should only come back when they can freshen it up.

Skyzard

Banned
Vita needs a GTA game, GTA was one of the most popular games on the PSP. San Andreas HD/Stories need to happen especially if you consider people will want more of SA after V.

I really hope we hear something from Rockstar. That rumoured Red Dead spinoff would do.

GT was the biggest non MH game for vita iirc and the gow games were also huge, these are 2 games that they can get done on their own without having to convince a third party of the systems potential.

Mr Swine

Banned

I think that Rockstar would rather port GTAV to the PS4/Xbone. Let the PS4 version have remote play since its a lot cheaper than doing a new game or porting it to Vita. Sadly that would probably happen

so1337

Would you want another GoW? Because I sure as hell don't. They'd have to make another prequel/interquel. There're already three of those.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

There even was a Nintendo handheld where they didn't release a single new Mario game: Game Boy Advance. Some ports don't count. Maybe you could ocunt the six new levels for Yoshis's Island, though that's a bit of a stretch.

GT was the biggest non MH game for vita iirc and the gow games were also huge, these are 2 games that they can get done on their own without having to convince a third party of the systems potential.

GT PSP sold 4.2M while GTA:LCS passed 8m sold across PSP and PS2. Vita would have a wonderful next year if GT and GTA were announced. But we all know Sony will have more niche games and indies next year, it needs more than that dammit!

DiscoJer

Star Wars Battle Front as well. It was pretty big on the PSP. Got 2 sequels.

Actually still seems to be selling well on PSN, since it's much more playable on the Vita with the second stick.

Pikma

Banned
I hope so Sony, a price drop for both the console and the memory cards please, that's all I ask for at this point.

That would at least mean new IPs.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I hope so Sony, a price drop for both the console and the memory cards please, that's all I ask for at this point.

That would at least mean new IPs.

Or no games. like Vita has.
Just kidding of course, even though the list of upcoming games is a bit barren :/

It is kind of funny. Since the PS4 launched, they have been treating the Vita like a peripheral for the system. Well, maybe marketing it partially as an extension to the PS4 isn't a bad thing. I have a vita, but I am far more interested on PS4 anyway. Still, they need to throw the Vita a couple of juicy bones...

Unfortunately Capcom has dropped Vita support altogether.
It's like EA on WiiU, no titles in development, door might be open if business opportunies arise.....but the company also seems a bit clueless of such opportunities.....something like Ducktales could be a decent seller with a really minimal effort....yet they're not bothering with it..

You're breaking my heart. I've long hoped for a RE to grace the Vita. Just imagining how it would look on the lovely OLED screen and handle using the Gody sticks sends shivers down my spine...

Why have you forsaken the Vita, Capcom? WHY?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sony ought to dance fucking dirty at Gamescom. I don't care about how long it took from announce to release for GT on PSP. Do it. It needs it at this point.

Down res some GT6 shots and tone down aa and shadows "Coming eventually" =P

didn't it take four years from GTHD on PS3 in 2006 and 'its not far off completion' until it actually came out?

Gestault

I'm in a strange position. On the one hand, I LOVE my Vita. Because of my work schedule, I haven't had time to burn through games fast enough to exhaust the library yet, and my PS+ subscription has given me a satisfying drip of games I would have wanted to buy but didn't. So for the same price as my Hulu Plus subscription, I've had access to Virtue's Last Reward, Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush and Uncharted (among others). Having access to my old PSX and PSP library on the most beautiful screen I've ever seen is fantastic. The indie focus (which let's be clear, is completely out of necessity on Sony's part) pleases me just fine. Those games appeal to me, and I'm a happy customer. The native connectivity between the Vita and PS4 will be a major selling point for me once the PS4 comes around.

On the other hand though, thinking about the Vita in terms of the industry and its marketability, it's laughable. Doubly-so if you consider its competition from 3DS, iOS and Android. People who originally bought this technological marvel sure as heck didn't do it to only have access to retro-styled games available on every other platform ever, and the lack of first and third party support with what would be considered "standard fair" games is painfully obvious. Vita owners shouldn't have to look at the upcoming Wii U library with jealousy, but that's the point we're at. I'm frustrated seeing Sony representatives play up in no uncertain terms that "big" things would be shown at X or Y event, and several times running, that's been completely baseless. The biggest Sony announcement pertinent to the Vita has been Warrior's Lair being cancelled. This platform is in poor shape.

So long story short, I take offense at misleading statements about announcements for the Vita. I know it's often personalities within Sony, and not necessarily official PR itself, but the effect is the same. This is one of the most pathetic mainstream hardware products I've ever seen, despite it being one I cherish personally.

Teased or not, both are coming, all you have to do is wait. Pokemon XY took a long time too.

Or you think Sony is not planning to release GT on Vita?

These announcements would make me very happy:

PS4 launch date
Guerilla PS4 game announced
Vita price-cut (or subsidised through PS4 bundle)

Teased or not, both are coming, all you have to do is wait. Pokemon XY took a long time too.

Or you think Sony is not planning to release GT on Vita?

Pokemon XY actually release earlier in the west this time , 2 years instead of three.

It was around the same for the japan pokemon D/P was launched around 2 years after DS was released .

Parch

A large install base for the PS4 would have to help the Vita, right?

A Vita attachment to the PS4 has to be a factor for the devs slow start in making Vita games. Once development for the PS4 gets into full swing, I think Vita development will be riding that coattail. Especially if the PS4 has an outstanding launch, which it sure looks like it will. Success for the PS4 can only help the Vita.

AniHawk

Pleeeeeeeeease announce FF Type-0 and PSO2 for the West. Please?

psp games will be highly unlikely at best from this point forward, but maybe not impossible. don't count on s-e for anything though.

that said, tomorrow might have some neat things. we'll see.

Top Bottom