• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: "Strange Bug" causing PS5 owners lose access to hundreds of games as digital purchases wiped from their accounts

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I hope this is not a trend. Companies having "accidents" and losing everyone's digital purchases.

That would be shitty.
It would be a way to make some serious money by forcing people to buy the games again.

I could see this being a legit money making spinner in the near digital only future.

Boss Mog

As somebody who goes 100% physical unless it's DLC or some really cheap PSN deal (under 10 bucks), I'm kind of happy about this. I'm sure they'll get their shit back eventually, but it exposes the flaws of digital and not actually owning things.

Having a fire or flood at your place that destroys all your crap is statistically more likely to happen than some phantom bug that might or might not exist that maybe removes some games from your library you can probably get back after talking with support. I get the people that prefer a physical collection, but using this as an excuse why digital is bad in general is kinda silly.
Insurance would cover fire or flood damage/loss. No insurance for loss of digital property.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit, we now know your first name. Hey Chris. 🥰

maxresdefault.jpg

Varteras

Gold Member
Technically, you know the rest of my first name. ChrisTOPHER

But everyone calls me Topher, even at work

Ha Ha! Now it's only a matter of time before we figure out who you are! Just gotta knock on the doors of the 2.2 million dudes in the US named Chris. Unless you're British. Oh god. You're not British, are you? I don't think we can be friends if you are...

Naked Lunch

Stop buying digital shit.
The only excuse is convenience of not swapping a disc. Cause it sure as hell ain't any cheaper like you would imagine - which you would think would be the first PRO of going all digital. But as gaming suckers- we can't even fight back on prices, and everyone is cool cause ya know- swapping a disc is tough.

Nevermind actual ownership, trading in, selling, borrowing, using as a coaster, frisbee. You know shit i can do when i own a product i paid $70 for.
Look at UbiSoft's recent comments if you dont think we are being played for fools. Microsoft is the tip of the sword on the topic.

Its not worth the loss of everything and the complete control of the console owner. Wake up people
Explain day one mega patches for a vast majority of games these days.
What are you going to do when the servers for those patches are gone?
Your discs are a frisbee day one.

There is no right answer here - gaming is just fucked - and has been for a long long time now.
Physical isnt the answer either.

Top Bottom