• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Virtual Console - News and Releases

serplux

I figured that since we already have a Wii U VC thread, a 3DS one would be handy.

There are currently 97 Virtual Console games available in North America, 98 Virtual Console games available in Europe, and 172 Virtual Console games available in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

GAME BOY

North America and Europe

sawKl7W.png
OLyxMSX.png
n0P5h92.png
tq25bfx.png

5iOLvZh.png
VTYUeTr.png
vrtOXHM.png
qJGnOWL.png

rFC94ne.png
r3eHlvy.png
DBK8LJP.png
C5zyc8Z.png

dYqX8Vs.png
jHVvnEV.png

Japan-only

xcqBF5c.png
VOklqT0.png
aP0d8Wb.png
tRaiver.png

jURN5ho.png
cnasfKH.png
EEPlBGE.png
3IhajsZ.png

0nIJa34.png
URkxmWT.png
RXKYWjJ.png
4HZJ1bz.png

CGEUX5U.png
ebt03HF.png
7LAAqfH.png
4uhQmKX.png

UqyiAW4.png
daPRvAg.png
QAqVxPV.png
G4vZEJt.png

GAME BOY COLOR

North America and Europe

ENSzrao.png
uIdZ24j.png
gQWaEtX.png
SBzmqjD.jpg

FFWOmOy.png
8qg8Y0r.png
rao5P8J.png
RVYz1tv.png

kj5pAoc.png
Uzw255y.png
vBc7Z5D.png
YKrjSL2.png

oC2q8hd.png
uiIaOri.png

Japan-only

dW1vFRO.png
6Ilru7n.png
CtfWIU0.png
jRBXWpQ.jpg

80BfRsn.png
b5fYIao.png

GAME GEAR

North America and Europe

4rq9CjC.png
ef7HLZZ.png
wk5XSAA.png
MvQYgvC.png

XJ56Kas.png
kR0WycC.png
7qLEzZY.png
MEvpiWP.png

dUdEVZw.png
5MloBmT.png
FQCGOfQ.png
9AGRtg9.png

q8BGehw.png
fHOzgMj.png
XVXAFTK.png
yxFHQyr.png

Japan-only

None.

NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM/FAMICOM

North America and Europe

pN3YaTy.png
Aib4Zrj.png
aC5m2zD.png
Mb6kgfT.png

KlBaZCj.png
zNXTzys.png
lA47sJ5.png
1VKUDIu.png

qgVcd3t.png
1bdeWtq.png
vYRtTLI.png
WEYlNQm.png

NQopqIG.png
rsqFbNe.png
DrzeJdK.png
JsTOo6V.png

dm1yu71.png
YwM4FsE.png
jXw3oVn.png
vWXoIDZ.png

kyhELk0.png
HJoYXQZ.png
T241oMi.png
FnwmjMU.png

3cJvSSF.png
qKv9bFU.png
7hD45EG.png
llLMNBW.png

FiUpNXu.png
0sxswen.png

Japan-only

LgqduiQ.png
jKyi6Et.png
ciY2eSP.png
593oHdb.png

88vizP0.png
3E9qa7A.png
mk46R6R.png
maUJEys.png

ZkuMG4H.png
HBKNYBi.png
WxE2jNQ.png
SBDEs1k.png

KA6goEQ.png
dbGPinj.png
NUoOf2c.png
7B1kq4T.png

v31v2tQ.png
gY1P7QS.png
upUbg4U.png
keTR7mh.png

55oCURW.png
czQMlB7.png
R5sbOOZ.png
hWjjDWG.png

sWlILmR.png
IeP7G4B.png
vC9Bi3r.png
9qQkV5n.png

6deReT8.png
kUdgjcb.png
64Dtspf.png
4eJvafH.png

x7QVaBU.png
6JCOima.png
iNE0I0I.png
E63veuH.png

cHT8iYQ.png
OTadXiM.png
R1jdqFT.png
eTrbidr.png

7HP8HKI.png
kthALrm.png
TAF2Bpb.png
zTgZZkD.png

lOZJ7G4.png
ZPPCQhT.png
PRzS2Bm.png
GWuDw5V.png

CmqfTKj.png
Lo9jmP3.png
9QgYFwL.png
4IQRPNq.png

KZeq8CS.png
rU9pi7z.png

UPCOMING RELEASES

America

Europe

Japan

Yes Boss!

Fuckin' Awesome.

Thank you so much for making this. So many amazingly presented GB/GBC/GG games on the 3DS. Seriously my favorite thing about 3DS system!

Worth noting: Japan just got GBC Mario Tennis. Can't wait for it to come to NA.

Seeing all those title screens in the OP makes me kinda happy. Since I never owned a Gameboy (2 months before stolen lol), Gameboy color, or Game Gear these are totally new games for me. Been having a blast with them so far.

Yes Boss!

This topic interests me. Subscribed.

Once you play GB/GBC games in native with the 3D Gameboy console effect with outstanding backlight you will never go back. I've got actual carts of some games and I way prefer to play them on 3DS.

GulAtiCa

I just bought Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for GameGear. Man, this takes me back. Was my only GG game back in the day. Perhaps now, I'll finally get past the 2nd world/stage/etc

Still waiting on Wario Land 3 and the American Super Mario Bros. 2 here in the states.

Come on NOA. Pick. Up......The.....................PACE!

I understand we'll likely never get any of the mainline Pokemon games, as trading would be impossible, but there's no reason Nintendo can't release Pokemon Trading Card Game. Hurry up, already!

Drago

Hey where's Super Marios Bros 3? Somebody call Nintendo and tell them they forgot to release a game.
That came out in Japan last December, I believe.

The Virtual Console sucks in western territories compared to Japan. You'd think Nintendo would aim to at least release all of their first party games simultaneously worldwide, but nope!

BOTEC

Once you play GB/GBC games in native with the 3D Gameboy console effect with outstanding backlight you will never go back. I've got actual carts of some games and I way prefer to play them on 3DS.

The first software I downloaded for my 3DS were Metroid II and Link's Awakening DX. Feels weird actually being able to see the graphics clearly. I've only ever had the original spinach-colored GB.

Personally, I love seeing the Game Gear on there. There were some interesting games on that machine that I've never had exposure to. Would love me some GG Aleste action

Awesome!! There are a lot more game boy games than I initially thought.

btw, just finished playing shining force for the game gear, liking it so far but the flashing in the map screen, it's giving me quite a headache.

Glix

Nintendo gets me so incredibly frustrated sometimes.

Let us give you our money. It's insane.

(this is all in reference to the fucking slow ass release of game, do we know if it is NOA or the mothership that is the culprit?)

Too bad that Game Boy releases have pretty much slowed to a crawl in favor of NES/Famicom stuff.

GB/GBC games were the main reason I was even excited for 3DS VC content.

Drago

(this is all in reference to the fucking slow ass release of game, do we know if it is NOA or the mothership that is the culprit?)
Considering how there are several first party Nintendo games that are only available in Japan and neither North America or Europe, I'd say it's something to do with NCL for whatever reason. The VC in Japan is so much better than it is everywhere else for both WiiU and 3DS.

Murrah

Banned
Damn, got super excited thinking I missed Wario Land 3 for a minute only to realize it was just for Europe and Japan; only game in the series I haven't played

Someone rank the NES Mega Man games pls.

I've only played 5 and I liked that one a lot.

Personally, 2 = 3 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 5

You'll get some debate on if 2 or 3 is better, and my answer changes with the wind. But they're both amazing. Everything else is solid. Admittedly I've only played 5 once so it could potentially be better than 1 or 4

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, Shantae is coming next month. Otherwise, GB/C releases have been slow aside from the Zelda GBC games.

& obligatory "I want GBA games on 3DS VC" mention.

ohlawd

Personally, 2 = 3 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 5

You'll get some debate on if 2 or 3 is better, and my answer changes with the wind. But they're both amazing. Everything else is solid. Admittedly I've only played 5 once so it could potentially be better than 1 or 4

I'll get 2 and 3 first and see how things go. Thank you.

Chrom

Nice thread, definitely subscribing. Hopefully the OP in the Wii U VC thread creates a parity, this looks great.

Edit: OP, where did you get the images from?

joe1138

So many amazingly presented GB/GBC/GG games on the 3DS. Seriously my favorite thing about 3DS system!

Yup.I never owned a GBC way back when so I'm really looking forward to more titles from the system making an appearance on the VC; loving Zelda: OoA and OoS so far and how can you go wrong with Mega Man on the go?

d31m0s

I figured that since we already have a Wii U VC thread, a 3DS one would be handy. Also a WIP in terms of graphical presentation and I still have to add in all Japan-only games.

There are currently 92 Virtual Console games available in North America, 92 Virtual Console games available in Europe, and 166 Virtual Console games available in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

GAMEBOY

IVt8YbM.png
84x5er7.png
NTZpTj5.png
SGWuAc4.png

YvmHWEV.png
6LNaDWY.jpg
4lQAsQv.png
0Zb1wQN.png

DbtGzLg.png
BSoCBAT.jpg
52Xme9A.jpg
1W5YC50.png

YskQ27a.png
wjv2NhL.png
VSdJbXG.png
FZYwG6m.jpg

UAzRTi9.png
JbE3zOK.png
xqjk6TK.png
aBEVglr.png

Q35WF7Z.png
k3rNo0A.png
1dJFf26.png
rmNlmcq.jpg

HAdfZWW.png
GaGrM3w.png
7Ve08en.png
Bqoc2Bn.gif

3qYmUVR.png
FpE59tO.jpg
f2KLnGb.jpg
48rQMCM.jpg

vKlA5xC.png
lWeEw0b.jpg
H17j0IL.png
XOwQB9h.jpg

BhCEduD.png
WtzqLKK.jpg
iyHD4p7.jpg
B2WUDyT.png

DWdtugD.png
9DXFU1G.gif

GAME BOY COLOR

ENSzrao.png
vdB6yco.png
gQWaEtX.png
SBzmqjD.jpg

FFWOmOy.png
8qg8Y0r.png
rao5P8J.png
kj5pAoc.png

Uzw255y.png
vBc7Z5D.png
YKrjSL2.png
oC2q8hd.png

uiIaOri.png

GAME GEAR

evc6mMs.png
0E3rzjX.png
vUZffuw.jpg
DhcVQqk.png

Ft2sS3R.jpg
JmkIclF.png
9swfs3Q.gif
mXaEGgY.png

YBRRVdZ.png
3LxS7kl.gif
Nvj6vLP.png
DqI7EZw.png

9nbPncN.png

NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM/FAMICOM

P52JslP.png
6hHqVw3.png
lYb2mRv.png
iWgKkTb.png

osPgST9.jpg
0m9ifMl.png
iWhtFs6.png
rOozX1l.png

hlPo42d.png
OMRqyBJ.png
iIQ3E9D.png
1nBwY5n.png

EQDgZHn.png
rVBB8P0.png
lPny7dv.png
eL7GOKT.png

hXr4vVj.png
l51WwuD.png
kiXGfxp.png
AAKdNTv.png

L6ov7c4.png
sxaNxzo.jpg
csg6sZo.png
0JiM7qy.png

8fs9IPe.png
Xbo7rjb.png
3wbcqut.png
D2w4Hc3.png

UPCOMING RELEASES

Work in progress.

SMB3 was released in japan on the VC as well as SMB USA

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup.I never owned a GBC way back when so I'm really looking forward to more titles from the system making an appearance on the VC; loving Zelda: OoA and OoS so far and how can you go wrong with Mega Man on the go?
That reminds me I want the rest of the Game Boy MM games. At least the ESRB rated the Game Gear one. Decent or not, at the least I get to try another obscure game in the series.

& where's Game & Watch Gallery 3? 2 and 3 were awesome back in the day (1 was....okay).

joe1138

That reminds me I want the rest of the Game Boy MM games. At least the ESRB rated the Game Gear one. Decent or not, at the least I get to try another obscure game in the series.

Totally forgot about the Game Gear release, would love to see that but considering GG games haven't exactly flooded the VC I doubt we'll ever get it. Still holding out for the rest of the Game Boy entries though. Lots of fond memories of Mega Man IV on the Game Boy

Velcro Fly

Still holding on to hope that we get Kirby's Dream Land 2 eventually. And Wario Land 3.

No fucking excuse for them both not being out NoA

Gameboy415

Amazing work, OP!

I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread in the future.
We can never have enough Game Boy games!!

Top Bottom