• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best/Worst Halo Multiplayer

FYC

Banned
I'm a newcomer to the Halo series, and I'm curious to hear what everybodys favorite multiplayer is. Lemme know!

You're having fun, but feel like you shouldn't be because of what Gaf said? Uhm...

Forget Gaf. Halo 4 is not as good as the older games, but it's still the best multiplayer shooter series out there. If you're enjoying it, enjoy it!

EvB

I had the best times on Halo 2, but I don't know if it is the best game.

I love them all in their own ways.

wwm0nkey

Best: Halo 2
Great: Halo 1/3
Okay/Meh: Halo 4
Worst: Halo Reach

I will say this though, Reach had the BEST custom games and thats why I even stayed on that game.

Best 3. Worst 4.

Didnt really play enough of 2 to make that call. Enjoyed 1 on the PC but the netcode was horrific. Reach could have been great but was let down by some god awful maps because Bungle got lazy and recycled campaign assets.

Having said that, even the average MP of Halo 4 is still better than almost every other "normal scale" shooter out there.

TimmiT

I liked Halo Reach multiplayer, more than Halo 4 multiplayer anyway which brought in too many elements from Call of Duty IMO. What was wrong with it?

I do still enjoy Halo 4 multiplayer btw, just not as much as Reach.

Apath

Personally I liked Reach more than 4. I liked 3's gameplay more than 2's, but Halo 3 had a horrible map makeup. So Id have to give he edge to 2.

Edit: I cant believe so many people hate Reach so much. It had its problems, but Powerhouse, Swordbase, and Countdown were all great maps.

clav

I liked Halo Reach multiplayer, more than Halo 4 multiplayer anyway which brought in too many elements from Call of Duty IMO. What was wrong with it?

Armor lock
I love it.
Broken melee system. (i.e. one hit on low shield -> no shield as opposed to death)
Invincible Banshee

3 hasn't aged well. I tried to play it recently and somehow the BR keeps jamming. Plus it just looks bad.

FYC

Banned
You're having fun, but feel like you shouldn't be because of what Gaf said? Uhm...

Forget Gaf. Halo 4 is not as good as the older games, but it's still the best multiplayer shooter series out there. If you're enjoying it, enjoy it!

I have issues, I know, but it's a bit tongue in cheek to be fair :p

i don't understand how one could think that reach is worse than halo 4. seriously.

I see a lot of people playing Reach over H4 at this point, and I think Halo 3 is going to get a nice boost when it's free for Gold users

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The best is a very modified version of Halo 4.
  • Sprinting disabled (only possible through hacked gametypes).
  • No ordnance drops of any kind.
  • Static weapon spawns.
  • No perks.
  • No armor abilities.
  • Add overshield and camo as power-ups on the map.
  • Bump the base movement speed to 110%.
  • Remove certain problematic weapons like the DMR, Boltshot, and Binary Rifle.
  • Edit : Remove the Mantis, too. Blech.
And yeah, I think that's about it. There's still the problem of Halo 4 having terrible maps, though. Forge has helped, thankfully.

But if we're strictly talking about vanilla settings, I'd rank'em like this: 2 > 1 > 3 > Reach > 4.

MaGlock

Best: halo 3
Worst: halo 2 (glitches out the ass!)

Then the in between starting with the best after halo3
Halo 1
Halo 4
Halo reach

Best Halo 2/CE

Worst: Halo 4 shits all over Halo Reach in the worst game category. . If you guys thought jetpacks killed Halo Reach, wait till you play Halo 4 with the damage buffs to the Assault Rifle and Saw.. Jetpacks are encouraged even more. I'll take bloom any day over shitty random ordinance drops, weapons disappearing faster when killed, shitty maps, etc. Don't forget camo snipers.

Top Bottom