• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warmachine: Tactics (Kickstarter, Inspired by Valkyria Chronicles, FFT, XCOM)

mkenyon

Banned
Pivateer Press knows how to make games. Drawing on VC for inspiration is a great way to go here.

Definitely backed.

Ken

I'm not really seeing the Valklyria Chronicles influence.

d0de87903045309aac70a9880346cbd6_large.jpg

Maybe that?

Unless you were expecting the Honjou Raita part of VC to be what influenced them, then sure, I don't see it.

I'm not familiar with Warmachine. No real relation to Warhammer 40K, right?

No relation to 40k...Warmachine felt a lot more accessible to me at the time that I wanted to get into a miniatures game because the pieces felt great, but the game is squad-based rather than army-based like Warhammer, so there's fewer pieces to buy to play the game.

Switters

Will wait for Hordes expansion and Skorne. I swear, Cygnar is worse than Ultramarines when it comes to flagship products.

The gameplay actually looks/sounds cool, but I'm really not feeling the art. Too bad they didn't take a page from XCOM and Valkyria Chronicles in that regard. I probably won't back it but I could see myself playing it when it's released.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sounds neat but I'm always wary of a first time developer (remember this is being made by White Moon Dream, not Privateer Press), especially when they just start namedropping big games they had no involvement in. Even more worrisome when the 3 games they name dropped couldn't be more different from one another.

Draxal

They are competitors in the same market. Warmachine is probably the most popular minis game out there after 40k.

They were until X-Wing took second this year. I'm not sure how substainable X-Wing will be, as there are a limited amount of iconic ships.

Wouldn't be suprised if hordes is a large stretch goal for this game.

Tactics games are always welcome to me but looking at the screenshots, I dunno. There's something about it that just makes me not want to play it for some reason.

Ohnonono

I have a some buds that are very competitive WM players. I play it casually. It is a fantastic table top game but this is gonna depend on the developer of the actual video game being good.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the art either. I don't think it's bad, just not something I usually like. I'd deal if other stuff was good, though.

multivac

Oh wow, this is nice. I used to play tabletop and in fact still have my armies (hard to part with them when you spent so much time painting them!), so this will be awesome.

I hope this is successful, and that Games Workshop takes note and finally decides to make a real Warhammer Fantasy or 40k game. Not just a game that uses the license, but what would essentially be the video game version of the table top games.

Fou-Lu

And it's funded! Here's hoping for a lot more to come.

There has also been updates to decrease the costs of shipping in the EU and Canada.

Phinor

Where did all that support come from? It's already funded.

Average pledge is around $105. That helps :) That probably tells us that a lot of the backers are hardcore Warmachine fans. I've yet to make up my mind but this certainly looks interesting.

Aeana

I had hoped it would be a little more Valkyria-inspired. Like with directly controlled movement rather than click-to-move. That said, it looks wonderful and I'm interested.

shink

I had hoped it would be a little more Valkyria-inspired. Like with directly controlled movement rather than click-to-move. That said, it looks wonderful and I'm interested.
Click to move? I should really read these instead of just looking at images. Refund please!

Would be nice but not a biggie.

Top Bottom