• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cytus Lambda for Vita

ReaperXL7

Honestly for the price its a solid rythem game, the music is good, and it fills the gap until Kickbeat finally comes out. Its one of the PSM games I would recommend most if you like the genre.

I enjoyed what was available for free and might pay for the rest when I feel like getting another rhythm game. Definitely a great PSM title buried by that store's poor advertising and placement.

Mario007

PS Mobile :(

PSM must be doing really if people are porting big games to it, despite being available only in like 9 countries.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wow, thanks for this thread, OP. I didn't realize this was a thing.

Definitely trying it out when I get the chance.

This game is pretty awesome on Android. I imagine it would be a lot better with a much more responsive touch screen. Also there is a pretty good mix of music. Though there is a fair share of it, not all of it is nearly as animu as the hard video.

kassatsu

Banned
This game is pretty awesome on Android. I imagine it would be a lot better with a much more responsive touch screen. Also there is a pretty good mix of music. Though there is a fair share of it, not all of it is nearly as animu as the hard video.

Funny thing is because of how PSM works, the game performs better on Android. Even my shitty old Sony Tablet S.

Roubjon

I'm definitely buying this. We could use more rhythm games.

EDIT: Wait this is already out? I had no idea, thanks GAF.

megalowho

Having messed with the iOS version a bunch I'd say that DJ MAX Technika Tune is a superior game across the board for this type of tactile rhythm gameplay, but happy to see the series branching out to dedicated handhelds. Will give the demo a try, thanks for the heads up.

Rashid

Banned
This won't make people buy a Vita, and there aren't any games in the West that will in the foreseeable future.

Holy shit at that gameplay vid. Dude is insane!

This won't make people buy a Vita, and there aren't any games in the West that will in the foreseeable future.
What the fuck? It's a PSM game; it's not supposed to. Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Rashid

Banned
So what? They should just stop releasing games on the Vita unless they are "system sellers"?

I'm trying to say it's becoming a niche system for obscure indie titles and ports. I really don't think it'll match the PSP, not when it's competing against the 3DS, AND tablets and smartphones.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I highly doubt that this was the intent the thread, and this is a PSM game anyway.

Even if the intent of your post is to say that Vita's more of a platform for niche titles, it truly isn't the thread for that argument.

megalowho

I'm trying to say it's becoming a niche system for obscure indie titles and ports. I really don't think it'll match the PSP, not when it's competing against the 3DS, AND tablets and smartphones.
Do you have any thoughts on Cytus or are you just trying to derail the thread towards the same tired armchair analyst argument that's been discussed to death already?

baphomet

And that has exactly what to do with this thread?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches

What a weird time and place to express such an opinion.

Yasumi

Banned

So why did you come into this thread?

Um..... ALRIGHT. Thanks for contributing to the conversation about this fun little rhythm game that's on PSM. There's a lot of games coming to the West that are awesome looking like Killzone Mercenary, Ys Memories of Celceta, Tearaway, Dragon's Crown, Toukiden..

Dragon

Banned
Funny thing is because of how PSM works, the game performs better on Android. Even my shitty old Sony Tablet S.

Yeah the game looks and sounds awesome, but the loading is goddamn awful on the Vita version.

This is a Playstation Mobile game, why in the name of Kaz Hirai would it be a system seller? Seriously what an utterly awful post in every way.

BTW another Playstation Mobile game that's interesting is Adventure Bar Labyrinth. Dungeon crawler and free with the Puzzles & Dragons buy more jewels when you die.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Looks like a rhythm game i can definitely get behind, Wasn't a fan of Technika's port at all.

Huh, it's been out for a month, and it's free? Wow, I need to check out psm more often. It will be my first foray into the service.

Edit: Off topic but how do i upload psp saves to the cloud? Want to delete corpse party but I don't want it to lose my save!

Zomba13

I've been playing this (well the free chapter) and I really like it. A nice little rythem game for the Vita.
Like the music from the first chapter and will probably buy it all at some point.
I was actually thinking of making a thread about this but though not many people would care for a vita game and even less when that vita game is actually a PSM game.

Worst bit is easily the load times and I guess the music wouldn't be to everyone's taste (what with it all pretty much being Anime/J-pop).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Okay, tried both the Vita version and the Android version.

Android version runs way smoother on my Nexus 7. The loading times aren't as long. Though I kinda like that the Vita version has a smaller screen just because my hands are pretty small and I don't have to stretch my fingers as much to hit double notes at times, but it's still doable on the Android version. I kinda like the bigger screen for the Android version.

Also, you can turn the tambourine off just by clicking off the FX before starting the song. It's a better experience, really, though it's something that should be customized. In that case, it doesn't jive well like how DJ Max does.

As for the game on the Vita, DJMAX Technika Tune is the better game out of the two. The SFX in Technika Tune add to the music and you have additional feedback in that some lyrical content is missing or the instrument you're playing is missing if you don't hit the note in time. Technika is also harder. Like someone else mentioned, Cytus Lambda's timing windows are very generous, so it's not difficult to score perfects at all, even on Hard.

In terms of presentation, it's a small disappointment that the backgrounds aren't like Technika's (just static title splashes), but again, mobile game. But I like the song selection in Cytus Lambda a lot. I'll keep playing it on Vita since there are some exclusive songs here, and break out the Android version every now and then. So, thanks OP. You did good.

But if you have access to both the Android version and the Vita version, and you can't stand long load times, I'd really go with Android version instead.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
IIRC PSP saves don't get deleted when you get rid of the bubble.

Thanks for the info, now I don't feel bad about deleting some of my psp games. This game is pretty sick, and the game is pretty fun. The timing window is pretty forgivable, and I wish there was a different way where the buttons popped up (though the second option is arguably the best way to play). I love the unique electronic soundtrack.

Definitely think about taking the plunge on that $12 price tag.

Also this kind of makes me want jubeat on the vita, though I guess I will just have to wait until I get an ipad for that experience.

Roubjon

OP thanks a bunch for this thread. I'm trying out the game now and it's great. It doesn't seem like it will ever get too hard, but it's still really fun and there is a huge number of songs. I also love how I don't have to fight the system itself in order to hit the notes, which is something DJMAX suffers from. I also like the music variety a lot. There are some artist in here that I recognize from DJMAX and other rhythm games.

The load times do suck though, but I can deal with that..

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I think it is worth mentioning that the game is free to download and you pay for extra songs, so everyone should really try it out.

sakipon

It would be nice if the title indicated this is for PS Mobile. Those games aren't available to a lot of us.

Sony is usually good with having less regional restictions than the others, but I don't get why these games are still limited to just a few countries. Selling well enough already?

Top Bottom