• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One vs PS4 - Comparison Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

After reading that I would have to shell out an extra $25 for a Headset and $25 for a Play & Charge kit (or whatever the price would be in the UK)

I spent half an hour last night and mocked together this little table to help me out.

Thought I'd share with you guys, anything wrong or that I need to add/edit?

GOOGLE DOCS VERSION: http://bit.ly/14BYFxZ

PfKGM4S.png

rSJnpXE.png

y49wvvy.png

XiyVxbY.png

oA3jlVk.png

r5DJjUA.png

gA9o801.png

Bundy

Banned
Where is the X1 ESRAM?
CPU 1.6Ghz isn't confirmed.
System Accessories "Knack"??
X1 has 8GB DDR3 and not GDDR3
etc. etc.

Gowans

Where is the X1 ESRAM?
CPU 1.6Ghz isn't confirmed.
etc. etc.

Thanks I'll edit on my lunch, I looked everywhere, I know millage may vary on tables like this but I find them helpful as a guide and I couldn't find a thing.

MercGH

Banned
I can be wrong but I thought I read somewhere Xbox Live offers cloud saves for your content from saves to movies, etc, and the PS4 does not?

Dunkers92

You have PS4 required online for initial setup. I'm pretty sure it's only the Xbone that you need to be online to download the offline patch

Edit: Beaten

glenn8

Banned
And thus, the war begins.
Can you really compare a desktop GPU to the console? Im sure they are differently built
And its DDR3

Under system accessories, for Camera on PS4 it says "Knack". Wut.

Edit: lmao, beaten many times. There are a lot of problems with this table.

Barzul

A couple of errors in this, like you wrote Knack instead of PS4 Eye and it's the X1 that requires the initial setup. Not bad overall.

Dennis

Banned
Xbone uses 8GB of DDR3 RAM

And you could put in an Effective RAM column:

Xbone: 4.5 GB slowmobile RAM

PS4: 6 GB batmobile RAM

Raist

Banned
You got the initial online setup swapped.
Other than that, I'd say the XB1's HDD is kind of upgradable since you can use an external one. It's not exactly the same sure, but practically it makes little difference.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think the apps like Netflix and YouTube will be behind a paywall on the xb-one. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't do that

Bundy

Banned
You got the initial online setup swapped.
Other than that, I'd say the XB1's HDD is kind of upgradable since you can use an external one. It's not exactly the same sure, but practically it makes little difference.
So actually, it isn't upgradable ;)

Haha someone has Knack on the brain.

Required online columns need to be reversed.

Edit: Never mind, might want to specify 512 MB esram though.

user1337

Camera needs editing lol.

Think the camera was $50? or was that $60? for the ps4 camera.

Also probably worth mentioning, ps3 blutooth headset works with ps4.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think the launch exclusives are strange.

If a game that is also on 360 is counted as an exclusive, wouldn't games that are console exclusives like War Thunder, Warframe and Hohokum, Don't Starve and various others also count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom