• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DynSqLv.jpg

Another glorious football season approaches, my friends. Let's gird ourselves for the carnage!

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the Hall of Fame class of 2013: Bill Parcells, Cris Carter, Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp, Curley Culp and Dave Robinson.
eJQnF57.jpg

Say hello to familiar faces in new places!
ucLdMoP.jpg

Say farewell to murderers, scumbags and murderous scumbags.
ODugNAT.jpg

Unfortunately, there has been more than a few season ending injuries before the season has even begun.
Yrhz0oB.jpg

Let's review a few things.

Vocabulary -

:jnc = jakncoke = :lol
Josh Freeman = large man addicted to Taco Bell and interceptions
taint = touchdown after interception

Last season's best moments -

the-controversial-catch-made-during-the-sept-24-game-between-the-seattle-seahawks-and-the-green-bay.jpg

ek5A0.gif

Old and outdated fan list:
http://i.imgur.com/1xMC6.jpg

New to football? Want to get deeper into football? The professorial thread is for you! All questions answered. Maybe.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509316

Things can get busy in here on game days and snes is lonely. Join irc!
http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.ajhenderson.com&channel=#nfl-gaf

Play video games? There's an nfl-gaf Steam group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nfl-gaf

What to watch for:
These are write ups that quickly detail the storylines for camp/preseason. I'll write one for the Steelers soon and I'll link them all here. Check back often!

Pick your team and write a few words on what everyone should be watching for, be it players or schema. When the rest of us watch your team, we will pay attention to the areas you cite and post our thoughts.
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Bowser
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns -BlackGhost
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - WedgeX
Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu
Houston Texans - MechDX
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red, Pimpwerx, Fantomex
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots - msdstc, Colasante
New Orleans Saints - CrunchyFrog
New York Giants - Futurevoid
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Philadelphia Eagles - yankeehater, effzee
Pittsburgh Steelers - me
Saint Louis Rams - squicken
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer
Seadderall Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins - SonnyBoy, mr2xxx

bionic77

Do the Cowboy lifelongs show up after a preseason victory or do they wait until Romo goes 3-1 in September?

Packers Oline in regular season form :
Sources said the Packers had concern that [Bulaga's] injury was a torn ligament and would turn out to be season-ending.

They could move right tackle Marshall Newhouse back to left tackle, where he played all 1,103 snaps in 2012 and started 13 games in 2011.

Or they could keep Newhouse at right tackle and start rookie David Bakhtiari, their impressive fourth-round draft choice, at left tackle. Bakhtiari alternated with Newhouse at right tackle in the scrimmage and didn’t have an obvious bad play in his 31 snaps.
My god. Season over before it began.

Hopping on the Browns bandwagon

Vyroxis

Banned
Whoo! New season is finally upon us!

Gonna be a fun year to watch, me thinks. As for the Vikings, it all really depends on if our new core of receivers pans out as well as we hope they do. Thankfully, they should work well and we will be gunning for the NFC North crown while AP guns it for the record again.

SUPREME1

Banned
Broncos.

Was so hyped early in the offseason, knowing this year would be better than last... which i considered a success even with the devastating ending. Kinda lost a little enthusiasm with the Dumervil fiasco, but quickly moved on. Excited with all the moves and additions Elway has made. Then the injury bug reared its ugly head and now I'm a little worried. The Chiefs will be a handful (quietly got stacked) and I only hope we can weather the storm long enough for guys to get healthy and for VMiller to get back on the field.

I don't hang out here, more of an NBA-GAF guy... but I drop in about once or twice a week without posting.

Looking forward to the Chiefs going 8-8 and then dragging a knife through my stomach as they send a 2nd rounder back to the 49ers.

bionic77

My friend got a new TV with built in Netflix and the remote has basic motion sensing.

This thing is the shit.
Everything has Netflix on it now. Only some budget tv's don't have it.

Never played with that Samsung motion stuff. My Samsung was made before that stuff. Is it better than just using the remote to change channels though?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Vince Young has to be better than Graham Harrell. I've watched every GB preseason game since Graham came into the league and he hasn't improved at all.

Vince Young has to be better than Graham Harrell. I've watched every GB preseason game since Graham came into the league and he hasn't improved at all.
This is way off the mark. Harrell was really, really bad when he started. He is now borderline competent.

He's better than Vince Young. Except for handoffs.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
This is way off the mark. Harrell was really, really bad when he started. He is now borderline competent.

He's better than Vince Young. Except for handoffs.

I don't know, he still seems pretty awful to me. I guess we will see how he does in a few days.

RBH

HardKnocks_0.jpg

HBO Sports, in association with NFL Films and the Cincinnati Bengals, provides an all-access look at what it takes to make it in the National Football League in HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE CINCINNATI BENGALS. The first sports-based reality series – and one of the fastest-turnaround reality programs – begins its five-episode eighth season, presented in HD, TUESDAY, AUG. 6 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO. Other hour-long episodes debut subsequent Tuesdays at the same time, culminating in the Sept. 3 season finale.

I don't know, he still seems pretty awful to me. I guess we will see how he does in a few days.
Sure.

I suspect bringing VY in is entirely due to a lack of confidence in Coleman and a vague desire to have a read-option QB to run scout team looks. (e.g. if Coleman continues to throw stupid INTs they might cut him and have a spot open for a gimmick 3rd QB)

Still, I'd probably give VY a 5% chance of making the opening day roster if he is signed at all (he won't be)

MechDX

WOOOOOO new season!

checks roster...Schaub still there

Fuck!

TJ-Yates-300x234.jpg

TJ Yates future!! Tied with Kaepernick for best QB in 2011 draft.

RBH

The Cincinnati Bengals were a surprise choice to be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" this season, but work already has begun on lining up a team for 2014. The early leader in the clubhouse: The San Diego Chargers.

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego reported Sunday that the Chargers strongly are mulling doing the show next year and are considered a "favorite."

"We've educated ourselves as to what the process is," Chargers CEO A.G. Spanos said. "Business-wise, every team has been helped by being on the show."

Players like Eric Weddle and Philip Rivers expressed displeasure when they heard they might be on the show, but it's not up to them. It's up to the owners, and Spanos might be looking for a way to increase interest in his stagnant franchise.

The trick, for ownership, is to get the "football side" of the building on board with the decision. And it sounds like there is serious hesitation from the Chargers' football operations and coaching staffs.

HBO recently announced a long-term extension with "Hard Knocks," but it always will be a challenge to find teams willing to do the show. The Chargers are a team to watch out for in 2014.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...diego-chargers-favorites-for-2014-hard-knocks

Top Bottom