• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom wants to break records with Monster Hunter 4

Consumer games division director Katsuhiko Ichii had a few words to share about his vision of the company’s future.

“In addition to the great response I’ve been feeling from it, it’s a game that the development team are greatly confident in, so I believe you should look forward to it.”

“Yes, in terms of quality, I’m confident that we’ll be offering the best product possible. Not only do I hope to see it break sales records of the past installments, but I’d also like to see it surpass other unprecedented records.”
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/1...technology-but-will-focus-more-on-uniqueness/

I don't see it breaking records, but good luck! The game definitely deserves from what we have seen so far.

i5lo5r5RBDx9o.gif

(just to make the OP more colorful)

EDIT: MH3U is 25% off on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009B1D7JK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
If they could sell millions of Monster Hunter titles per game on the second-place handheld last gen, then I could definitely see it being possible to break previous records with it being on the only better-selling handheld.

Outselling Super Mario Bros., though... Doubt it.

Syril

Then tell us when it's coming out for all us people who don't live in Japan. Actually, tell us that it IS coming out for all us people who don't live in Japan.

Alrus

Dear god the first few posts... Not even subtle port begging guys.

Anyway, they need to ship a lot more than what they are doing right now if they want to break P3rd's opening. And even then, P3rd was a perfect storm in term of releases. We'll see.

The fact that it's going to be digital is going to be annoying for the real sales number too...

TEJ

Should have gone for a worldwide release like Pokemon X/Y. Now that's going to break records

I can see pokemon x/y breaking 10 million easy but i'd bet against it breaking the red/blue/yellow numbers. I'd love to be wrong on this though.

I can see pokemon x/y breaking 10 million easy but i'd bet against it breaking the red/blue/yellow numbers. I'd love to be wrong on this though.
You mean the first week, right? Because B/w is sitting at 15mio lifetime sales for example. Pretty sure X/Y will break that easily.

All it's doing is breaking hearts. Monster Hunter 4 would sell so many Vita's, I can't believe Capcom and Sony haven't collaborated on this yet. I'm sure they've discussed it, but I still don't know why Capcom won't go for it, especially if their concern is there not being enough Vita's out there to make a profit, I imagine it would sell a hell of a lot of hardware, especially if bundled.

It's not Capcom's job to sell Vitas. That's on Sony.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
All it's doing is breaking hearts. Monster Hunter 4 would sell so many Vita's, I can't believe Capcom and Sony haven't collaborated on this yet. I'm sure they've discussed it, but I still don't know why Capcom won't go for it, especially if their concern is there not being enough Vita's out there to make a profit, I imagine it would sell a hell of a lot of hardware, especially if bundled.

Maybe Sony should prove that the Vita is a platform worth putting games on.

Hiltz

Here's Capcom's official platinum Monster Hunter best sellers as of June 2013:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

- Monster Hunter 3 Freedom for PSP
5th best selling Capcom title
4.7 million copies

- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for PSP
8th best selling Capcom title
3.3 million copies

- Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for PSP
13th best selling Capcom title
2.4 million copies

- Monster Hunter 3G for 3DS (includes MH3 Ultimate sales)
18th best selling Capcom title
2.1 million copies

- Monster Hunter Tri for Wii
24th best selling Capcom title
1.9 million copies

- Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP
41st best selling Capcom title
1.3 million copies

TEJ

You mean the first week, right? Because B/w is sitting at 15mio lifetime sales for example. Pretty sure X/Y will break that easily.

well, b/w had the benefit of being on a system with an ungodly amount of sales. I do think that x/y will drive a very large amount of 3DS sales moreso than any other game previously released on the system.

Calamari41

41 > 38
What the heck is going on with the console warrior and port begging bullshit in this thread? If you want Monster Hunter so bad, buy a 3DS.

Dio

Banned
That link dosen't display the game at the resolution the 3DS runs the games at.
Yeah, but the video's in 480p, and correct me if I'm wrong, but putting a video at a higher resolution than the actual 3DS resolution shouldn't magically create that much lack of AA. Well, it's a portable game anyway, and the MH team has never liked making their games look current-gen, so that's not really on the 3DS.

Top Bottom