• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oculus Rift commercial [NSFW]

Kickz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIqLScp4V0

Edit..Taken down. New link; http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ztxkh5h68kgg07/Oculus+Rift+very+official+spot+TV.mp4

OculusRift1.jpg

JB2448

There's no way this can be official, right? This couldn't possibly be something an even somewhat rational marketing team could come up with, right?

I'm scared, GAF.

Dennis

Banned
There's no way this can be official, right? This couldn't possibly be something an even somewhat rational marketing team could come up with, right?

I'm scared, GAF.

Must have cost them a pretty penny for permission to use 50 Cent.

The ad is fake, obviously.

This is actually taken from a music video by a band named "Is Tropical" the song is called "Dancing Anymore" a google search can direct you to the full original video.

EDIT: Beaten.

Dambrosi

Banned
Aaaaaaahahahahaha, I knew it, I fucking KNEW it.
I know it's just a joke ad made from a music video, calm down Oculus fanboys.
Hmmm.

On the one hand, I really want to reserve judgement for when I get the chance to try one myself.

On the other, it sounds so much like a rich nerd's early-90's-flavoured wet dream that I can't help but scoff at it. It sounds too much like the end goal of the project is to be able to use it with certain...appliances to romance your very own virtual 3D waifu. Squick. In short, it all sounds too good to be true, or affordable to the general public.

But then, I come into this and many other threads on GAF and other forums and read the positively glowing impressions, and suddenly I don't know what to think. And now that this tech might be coming to next-gen consoles as well as PCs...

Are we really at the beginning of the VR Age, or is it yet another false dawn?

Inb4 NeoGAF Believe image posts, don't be that lazy, please.
Do ShockingAlberto or flyinpirahna wish to counterpoint? :p

Top Bottom