• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hold on to your butts- Dinosaurs are making a comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Dinosaurs are finally making a comeback after seemingly going extinct post JP era. There are many upcoming films, games and toys that are bringing Dinosaurs back into the spotlight, creating a perfect storm for Dinosaurs to steal the spotlight once again.

"Walking With Dinosaurs: The 3D Movie" - Christmas 2013
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzY7zp14cFw&hd=1

WCIPOqZ.jpg

JWrXO43.jpg

ye55vbZ.jpg

The movie does not feature talking Dinosaurs, however it does feature narration from the Dinosaurs perspective.

--

Godzilla - May 16, 2014

izoILiC6Nuq5m.gif

Ok, ok. Its not a Dinosaur movie. But still.

--

Disney/Pixar "The Good Dinosaur" - May 30, 2014

"The Good Dinosaur asks the generations-old question: What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In theaters May 30, 2014, the film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively 70-foot-tall teenage Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event rattles Arlo’s tranquil community, he sets out on a quest to restore peace, gaining an unlikely companion along the way—a young human boy named Spot."

--

Transformers: Age of Extinction (featuring Dinobots) - June 2014

Yeah, yeah. Another Michael Bay Transformers...but... Dinobots! Just imagine the influence the toys will have.

--

Jurassic World (JP4) - June 12, 2015

Its finally happening. Enough said.

---

"Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD" (PS3) - September 10, 2013
Trailer (which is strangely beautiful and will likely make you feel guilty for shooting Dinosaurs)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6TRA6_Kwyk&hd=1

Shoot em. Tranq em. Observe em. The choice is yours for only $12.99.

--

"Primal Carnage Genesis" (PS4) - 2014/2015 (?)
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=napjIBA72Og&hd=1

"Primal Carnage: Genesis serves as a prequel to the original Primal Carnage, and will explain how dinosaurs were brought to life on a remote island, eventually breaking free to wreak havoc. In an interview with GameInformer, lead developer Ashton Andersen explained how the game will start; with the player being brought to the island as a staff member before the chaos has begun. They won't have a specific identity, nor will they enter the game with a specific understanding of their objectives. Short interactions with human NPCs may offer them some useful information, but much will be left to the player to figure out. Both the story and the player's objective will gradually unfold over the course of several episodes."

--

Now I can only hope that somehow modern science can make its way into pop culture, and we see feathers go mainstream. Either way, more Dinosaurs = <3.

Hollywood likes to run in trends. I'm waiting for the Westerns to return but I think Lone Ranger set it back another 15 years at the very least.

Where are the feathers?!

Whoever has the balls to give them feathers first gets my money
Walking With Dinosaurs has some feathered dinosaurs in it.

The Gorgosaurs or whatever the tyrannosaurids in it are supposed to be probably should be feathered as well, but the small theropods first is a start.

Primal Carnage has a DLC alternate skin for the raptors that's properly feathered.

Walking With Dinosaurs 3D has the most potential to be good.

Godzilla... does he even qualify as a dinosaur? I know the original is a dinosaur. That said, this is another one with great potential.

The Good Dinosaur sounds pretty dumb to be honest. This is Pixar, so it could go either way. Not expecting much right now.

Transformers: Age of Extinction... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jurassic Park 4 has train wreck written all over it.

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD is an FPS game. Who gives a shit.

Primal Carnage Genesis see thoughts on the previous game.

Dishwalla

Banned
Thought this was gonna be about We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story.

Or possibly even about a sequel to that Disney Dinosaur movie.

^ It seems to fucking tragic when the copter takes the prey away thanks to the music. And then its cuts away to beautiful landscape that is nearly devoid of any Dinosaurs thanks to the hunter. :lol

Is walking with dinosaurs a documentary? (Can't watch trailer at work)

Sort of. It revolves around a central character (Pachyrhinosaurus) as he grows up, and has a bit of a story mixed in. That said, its only form of communication is whats happening on screen + narration.

Sort of. It revolves around a central character (Pachyrhinosaurus) as he grows up, and has a bit of a story mixed in. That said, its only form of communication is whats happening on screen + narration.

Yeah, we're told the second trailer's narration is pretty misleading. It's not as talkative as it shows.

mantidor

I need my goddamn feathers.

There was a time T rexes walked like a guy in a suit in every single deciption ever, books, movies, toys, you name it, science stepped and corrected such egregious mistake, and now those deciptions look outdated and dumb, its the same with feathers now, except that no one is doing anything about it.

ju5Y0xj.jpg

hur dur i'm an old dromaeosaurid i look like a hairless tiger and an ugly snake fell into a blender, kids think i'm the coolest thing ever *farts*

QYrQd0j.jpg

look at this suave ass motherfucker

^ It seems to fucking tragic when the copter takes the prey away thanks to the music. And then its cuts away to beautiful landscape that is nearly devoid of any Dinosaurs thanks to the hunter. :lol

Oh booo, still more dinosaurs is never a bad thing.

God I hope Jurassic Park 4 is good. 3 was absolutely horrible.

With as much time as they have been spending trying to get the story right I expect it will. Universal wants to really refresh/reboot the franchise, and they have a large Universal Studios/IOA expansion coinciding with the 2015 release.

How does this look worse than a 20 year old Jurassic Park?

To be fair, it looks nice and sharp in motion.. just sort of cartoony.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I love dinosaurs. Always have, always will, so I approve of all of this dino-goodness, even if it's crappy (I'm looking at you, Michael Bay).

With as much time as they have been spending trying to get the story right I expect it will. Universal wants to really refresh/reboot the franchise, and they have a large Universal Studios/IOA expansion coinciding with the 2015 release.

To be fair, it looks nice and sharp in motion.. just sort of cartoony.
I believe they can do it. It's been so long they should have no problem giving it a fresh start. You never know for sure though.

Someone needs to step up and make a Dinosaur Simulator
Not that dating sim lol

Just choose an era, your dino/beast, eat, fight, and mate to your heart's content <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom