• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hold on to your butts- Dinosaurs are making a comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Lee

Banned
Wasn't there a Dinosaurs survival game for the PC where you play a human that got funded by kickstarter someone help me because I'm drawing a blank on the name. It looked pretty bad ass

Or wait, I want an updated version of Trespasser.

Jp-trespasser-cover.png

This, so much. I still hate to think of the potential this game had. Every time I do, I reinstall it thinking "maybe this time it will work". It never does.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
ju5Y0xj.jpg

hur dur i'm an old dromaeosaurid i look like a hairless tiger and an ugly snake fell into a blender, kids think i'm the coolest thing ever *farts*

QYrQd0j.jpg

look at this suave ass motherfucker

That drawing of the old version looks like it was done by a third-grader. I call foul.

http://postimage.org/app.php

"Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD" (PS3) - September 10, 2013
Trailer (which is strangely beautiful and will likely make you feel guilty for shooting Dinosaurs)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6TRA6_Kwyk&hd=1

Shoot em. Tranq em. Observe em. The choice is yours for only $12.99.

Oh man I remember this game. For some reason it never let me upgrade the guns meaning I had to everything with the basic equipment. Really fun though. Hope an expansion comes out for this new one.

Edit: Oh man I just realized this came out today!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I need my goddamn feathers.

There was a time T rexes walked like a guy in a suit in every single deciption ever, books, movies, toys, you name it, science stepped and corrected such egregious mistake, and now those deciptions look outdated and dumb, its the same with feathers now, except that no one is doing anything about it.

Science didn't "step in," science advanced. The tail-dragging dinosaurs of old were based on scientific consensus at the time. The advantage of the updated versions used in Jurassic Park is that they made them look cooler and more dynamic, and allowed them to do more within the story. Feathers are too associated with birds to look cool in the same way or do anything other than make an otherwise fierce predator look like a goofball.

Dragons will always look cooler than birds, so it doesn't surprise me that the filmmakers are probably going to ignore the feather advancement of recent years. It's a bit of an insult to the legacy of the series considering the first book and first movie did much to introduce the public to the new (at the time) scientific depiction of dinosaurs, but I believe that mainly happened because the updated information was cinematically advantageous.

Hurley

Man, I remember the whole dino craze during the 90's, was a great time to be a kid imo

Collecting these was awesome
Orbis-Dinosaurs-front-cover-first-ish-Nov-2012-300-px-tiny.jpg

I never got to finish my T-Rex model that came with the magazine though. :(

Wag

Netflix has plenty of dino docs, especially the "Walking with" ones if you're into that sort of thing. Lots of fun.

bengraven

Fuck
Yes.

I love dinosaurs so much.

Hollywood likes to run in trends. I'm waiting for the Westerns to return but I think Lone Ranger set it back another 15 years at the very least.

If there was a world where dinosaur and western films were more popular than remakes and superhero movies, I want to live there right now.

I'm still awaiting something that explores the horror that is the "terrible bird" (rather than a "terrible lizard", showcasing just how scary and vicious feathered dinosaurs can be. I mean, birds can be downright evil. I feel it adds a new level of terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom