• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hold on to your butts- Dinosaurs are making a comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Dino-Batman.jpg

I thought all dinosaurs would have feathers. Is it just some?

Or are they just trying to ease us in by keeping classics like the triceratops featherless?

Not all, but many were. Triceratops relatives had feathers, so its not out of the question that they may have sported them. I'm pretty fond of this feathered Pachyrhinosaurus:

I know people don't love the idea, but I think once paleo art stops depicting feathered Dinosaurs like mangy Turkeys people will warm up to it.

Vizzeh

Banned
Damn was kind of hoping genetic engineering had reached a point where they where bringing them back, not the raptors though! :p

My son's name is Arlo and he's just over 2. AND he loves dinosaurs! I think I have no choice but to have his first theater movie be The Good Dinosaur! Especially since the protagonist is also named Arlo.

Toxi

Banned
I hate how they ruined dinosaurs. They used to be awe-inspiring creatures with their upright posture and ponderous bulk. Apatosaurus towered over the trees and T. rex looked down on its domain. Now they're skinny creatures that slouch all the time and flit around daintily like fairies. What a load of nonsense. Michael Crichton and Jurassic Park took away my childhood.

Anti-feather people are just the newest generation of dino-wieners.

Kinyou

Not all, but many were. Triceratops relatives had feathers, so its not out of the question that they may have sported them. I'm pretty fond of this feathered Pachyrhinosaurus:

I know people don't love the idea, but I think once paleo art stops depicting feathered Dinosaurs like mangy Turkeys people will warm up to it.
That doesn't look so bad. In the pic they remind me a little of mammoths.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It seems Dinosaurs are finally making a comeback after seemingly going extinct post JP era. There are many upcoming films, games and toys that are bringing Dinosaurs back into the spotlight, creating a perfect storm for Dinosaurs to steal the spotlight once again.

Good!!! Then it's finally time that someone in Hollywood turned this into a summer blockbuster:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479597

Make it happen Hollywood!!!!!

Irminsul

No feathers = No sale...

I'm tired of seeing the same old featherless dinosaurs.
Walking with Dinosaurs 3D should have some feathered ones. They may be depicted a bit "conservative" w.r.t. feathers (i.e. no woolly-mammoth dinos), but I think at least all dinosaurs that are confirmed having had feathers will also have them in the film.

M*A*S*H

Man, I remember the whole dino craze during the 90's, was a great time to be a kid imo

Collecting these was awesome
Orbis-Dinosaurs-front-cover-first-ish-Nov-2012-300-px-tiny.jpg

I never got to finish my T-Rex model that came with the magazine though. :(

I still have the fluorescent t-Rex skeleton in a box somewhere, the body was real pain to get on though I seem to recall.

Linkyn

Oh man, just for a second there, I thought you meant the TV show... I think that really would have blown off my ass Jimmy Fallon style.

I'm not feeling the feathered dinosaurs. They have a problem I have with a lot of renditions of feathered dinosaurs--they look like they've been tarred and feathered, not like they're something the animals naturally posses. The smaller avialan (whatever it's supposed to be, I'm guessing Avisaurus or something?) gets it right, the feathers are rendered as part of the animal's body. Looks a lot more natural. CGI people need to start rendering feathered dinosaurs like they do birds.

The faces of the deinonychosaurs shouldn't be scaly like that either.

I'll forgive the mammal like eyes on the dinosaurs though, as it seems to be a contrivance for the movie in order for them to emote better.

A few more new pics:

It looks fun.

I'm not feeling the feathered dinosaurs. They have a problem I have with a lot of renditions of feathered dinosaurs--they look like they've been tarred and feathered, not like they're something the animals naturally posses. The smaller avialan (whatever it's supposed to be, I'm guessing Avisaurus or something?) gets it right, the feathers are rendered as part of the animal's body. Looks a lot more natural. CGI people need to start rendering feathered dinosaurs like they do birds.

Agreed, they look a little like mangy birds. The Oviraptor and Alexornis are nice though... We need Jurassic Park 4 to do feathered dinos right, but the chances of that happening are super slim. =/

Mdk7

BTW what about the Dinosaurs VS Aliens project by Barry Sonnenfeld?
Wasn't that supposed to come out as well?
The graphic novel is visually stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom