• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN AU: Five Reasons Next Gen Can Wait

kurbaan

Banned
SLQJc.gif

Good thing i'll have two months to complete GTAV.

Seriously, I don't really get this point of view. The game is so good it makes getting next gen consoles pointless? Is it so good I should never play another game again? Not every game can have the same budget or talent that Rockstar process.

Aside from that list being bullshit and very un-clever, I wonder if all these 'next gen can wait' editorials and lists are written by people who got into games about 6 months ago.

Yeah, holy shit, imagine that - good games are still going to come out after the launch of new consoles. You're really breaking some new ground there.

I'll be over here playing my new PS4, because I'm part of your target demographic - you know, videogame fans, who are excited for new consoles just for the sake of it.

Derrick01

Banned
They're going to feel awfully silly when next gen versions are announced.

Why? Unless they're coming out at launch then it doesn't matter.

Hell even if they were that's still a 2 month wait for the PS4 version. 2 months while everyone is enjoying GTA except you.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is this fucking real? "Lists" like these is something you usually expect from silly forum posting fanboys.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
We all know the best fifth game in a series that will debut during this gen is

Persona 5
Persona 5
Persona 5
Persona 5
Persona 5

Fracas

#fuckonami
I watched the entire thing.

This is just absurd. I want to work in games journalism, and hopefully I don't ever turn into...whatever this is. Just sickening.

jacobs34

At this point I think the right thing for IGN to do is just not review the game, but who am I kidding, 11/10 incoming.

Sinistral

The best reason they never thought of for the new console to come out? GTA6 on new hardware. Just imagine what Rockstar will be doing...

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Yikes, i'm already getting hype backlash to the thing.

MormaPope

Banned
Didn't they give GTA IV a 10/10?

I really do feel like an 11/10 is coming.

At this point I honestly hope so. The raging hard on some Gaffers have for IGN and anything they do and don't do is more entertaining and embarrassing than anything else. Apathy is pretty melancholy in nature, I watched parts of the video in the OP, thought it was extremely meh and that was that.

Vire

There are no words to express the amounts of rage this fills me with.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Garbage.

Professional Video Game Journalism.

Dukey

Banned
Around reason 3 I started to catch on. By the time reason 4 rolled around I was 99.9 percent sure I wasn't going to see Dark Souls 2.

Top Bottom