• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 5 9th gen exclusives?

a_d_a

Neo Member
No. Not really got enough reason yet to get a ps5 upgrade from my Pro. I feel thete was way more by now on PS4. Nothing as good is tlou1 or Bloodborne yet.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah Forspoken for sure. It's a fantastic game!
I would add: Demons Souls, Returnal, ff16, Astro

Fredrik

No Switch?
Meh. It’s where the best games are.

But okay, PS5/Xbox Series it is then:

1. Returnal (assuming you have PS+ for cloud saves)
Quite possibly my favorite Sony first party game of all time. It was released the year of Elden Ring, my #2 alltime game, and still managed to pull me away so I played nothing else until I finished it.

2. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Gets far too little love. For me it gave me my alltime favorite family playthrough. Localized to my tiny language with Pixar-quality voice acting, so no translation needed with kids beside me, and it was just a lovely game to play through. Makes me sad that Insomniac is seemingly stuck making Marvel games now, I want a new R&C.

I really want to list Demon’s Souls too, but I assume it doesn’t count.

Want to list Starfield as well, but I play it on PC and I assume 30fps on console makes it play terribly.

Just PS5/Xbox Series

rbdvgeadc13su16z8uor.jpg

XXL

Baldur's Gate 3 is the best game of this generation, by a wide margin.

I'll be playing it for years to come.

Multiple playthroughs just make me appreciate it more and more, that's rare.

It's one of the best games ever made in my opinion.

Excluding BG3, most of my favorite games this gen have been PSVR 2 games (Red Matter 2, GT7 VR, RE8, Pavlov, etc)....but you guys wouldn't know nothing about that.

Last edited:

consoul

1. Returnal
2. Hi-fi Rush
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator
4. Demon's Souls
5. Rift Apart

Yeah, this gen is really not there yet.

SpokkX

1. Baldurs gate 3
2. Returnal
3. Alan Wake 2
4. Helldivers 2
5. Demons Souls/Final Fantasy 16

Great gen so far imo

And this is not even counting games that are pretty much gen 9 exclusive inte practice like Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Hi-Fi Rush
Talos Principle 2
Astro’s Playroom

Haven’t played Spider-Man 2, but I’m pretty sure that’ll end up on the list as well. Either way, very disappointing so far.

BG3, Flight Sim...uh...

I suppose the other way of looking at it is I probably would have still paid to play Spiderman 2 and Forza Horizon 5 on current gen machines, even if they were also on last gen.

Probably.

Top Bottom