• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins achievements leak, confirm gameplay modes and more

I usually don't hunt trophies, but the Arkham games are some of the few game that I platinum'd. I am not liking the online multiplayer as I am not sure if I will like playing a third person shooter.

Anyone know if the Beta testers had a good time or thought it was balanced?

Ephemeris

Soon.

Soon..

73xH0.gif

Some Nobody

I would've been incredibly disappointed in a game that was about assassins if "she" didn't show up. She's the single greatest martial artist in the DCU, and she's a bad guy--it was a given.

Derrick01

Banned
Scrolling down the list, looking pretty good and diver....

Multiplayer achievements? Fuck off with that shit. It's amazing how devs keep doing this despite 99% of the community revolting against them. NO ONE LIKES THEM STOP DOING IT!

Ridley327

Multiplayer achievements? Fuck off with that shit. It's amazing how devs keep doing this despite 99% of the community revolting against them. NO ONE LIKES THEM STOP DOING IT!
Wii U confirmed for the superior version of the game!

Jac_Solar

"But you'll like them in our game, for sure!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Confirmed triple threat boss fight between Batman, Deathstroke and
Shiva

Also, Cassandra Cain is lame. :)

Tohsaka

you've played the game already?

I don't need to play it, from what I've read it doesn't sound like anything special. The vast majority of multiplayer modes I've played in formerly single-player games felt like a waste of development resources to me, and I didn't enjoy them very much. I will likely at least try the multiplayer in this game, but I doubt I'll invest a significant amount of time in it, especially for grinding out ranks.

Nice spoiler, I figured that it would be one of the assassins, it'd be a spit in lore face to not have it as one of the assassins.

I think people are underselling this game. A little more over a month to go :p.

I usually don't hunt trophies, but the Arkham games are some of the few game that I platinum'd. I am not liking the online multiplayer as I am not sure if I will like playing a third person shooter.

Anyone know if the Beta testers had a good time or thought it was balanced?

From the videos I watched it look like a fun diversion for a few days, but batman + robin faction looked really hard to play.

Are you kidding me?
The joker is the final boss.
How freaking lame. They will never let that character go, not even for one game.

Really? Again?! Unbelievable. And multiplayer trophies - the Bane of my existence.

I'm definitely giving this one a pass. It's had the stink of 'Straight to DVD' since the very beginning anyway. It's just a quick buck stop-gap while Rocksteady works on Arkham City for a PS4/Xbone release next year.

Man if this game has SVM successor for the multiplayer!

Really? Again?! Unbelievable. And multiplayer trophies - the Bane of my existence.

I'm definitely giving this one a pass. It's had the stink of 'Straight to DVD' since the very beginning anyway. It's just a quick buck stop-gap while Rocksteady works on Arkham City for a PS4/Xbone release next year.

Looks better than the past games.

Some Nobody

Yeah I hate having all these games sitting at 36-48% or so because there's a bunch of multiplayer trophies I have no interest in getting. I'm not even inspired enough to hit 50% because I know it's a waste of my time.

Edit: Game itself looks fun, though. But if that thing about the Joker is true, this game automatically drops a point. He doesn't have to be the ONLY main villain, guys. Batman has a GIGANTIC Rogues' Gallery.

Can't wait to see how I Am The Night mode works. I'm guessing no Counter icons, extremely limited health, no Shock Gloves and harder enemy types showing up all the time. New Game + was a great challenge in Arkham City, but I could definitely go for something harder.

Nokterian

I still don't know how to feel about this. Forced multiplayer (AA and AC never had it and i am cool with that). But looks like WB wants your money for DLC Mappacks. And rocksteady is not making another minus and no Kevin Conroy. From every footage is still looks the same with some minor changes but nothing new to say the least. Oh and
the joker again i see as a final boss well no thank you 2 times is enough

Let me play you the world's smallest violin.

So your ePeen won't be THAT big. So what?

Ugh, those MP trophies are fucking brutal. Max 3 gangs plus the WORST of all "highest rank" bullshit. MP trophies should NOT be counted towards the Platinum. Especially since there's a paywall now. Just doesn't make sense and isn't fair.

Drayco21

Glad that
Lady Shiva
is one of the assassins after all. Makes me hope for certain related characters later down the line.

I think we all knew it was coming, but using
The Joker to hijack the plot and play final true main villain for the third damn time in a row is a massive disappointment.
(Arkham City spoilers) If they decide to
Actually bring hid dead ass back for Rocksteady's next-gen sequel, I'm going to be furious.

Also, Multiplayer Trophies/Achievements are turrible. If it weren't for the rest of this game being so willing to use more B-list characters at all like Black Mask, Firefly and Anarchy, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Shame we have to deal with more overused Joker, Bane and Deathstroke just to get some fresh faces in there, but you take the good with the bad I guess.

I don't need to play it, from what I've read it doesn't sound like anything special. The vast majority of multiplayer modes I've played in formerly single-player games felt like a waste of development resources to me, and I didn't enjoy them very much. I will likely at least try the multiplayer in this game, but I doubt I'll invest a significant amount of time in it, especially for grinding out ranks.

Not being interested in the multi makes sense and I understand not wanting multiplayer trophies/achievements. But if this multiplayer — based on the promotional material alone since it sounds like you haven't tried the beta — "doesn't look special", what would? The basic premise of three lethally armed players vs. three others while two acrobatic/melee-type characters run around trying to stop both teams sounds interesting. The closest (not mod-related) multiplayer mode to this I can think of is Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory/Blacklist multi.

Even if this turns out a shoddy multiplayer experience, what is bad about the concept? It sounds interesting to me, but I'm not inherently against multiplayer modes attached to singleplayer games.

Hystzen

Some those Trophy images are goddamn sexy

I did groan over what seems be final boss I knew it was going to happen but I had hope they would not go down that path

Splinter Cell did it. It turned out to be one of the best multiplayer games ever
Gears of War did it turned out to be one of the best multiplayer games ever
The Last of Us did it and it was pretty freakin great. But it was barebones

Ridley327

Splinter Cell did it. It turned out to be one of the best multiplayer games ever
Gears of War did it turned out to be one of the best multiplayer games ever
The Last of Us did it and it was pretty freakin great. But it was barebones

When Splinter Cell did multiplayer originally, achievements didn't even exist.

Glad that
Lady Shiva
is one of the assassins after all. Makes me hope for certain related characters later down the line.

I think we all knew it was coming, but using
The Joker to hijack the plot and play final true main villain for the third damn time in a row is a massive disappointment.
(Arkham City spoilers) If they decide to
Actually bring hid dead ass back for Rocksteady's next-gen sequel, I'm going to be furious.

Also, Multiplayer Trophies/Achievements are turrible. If it weren't for the rest of this game being so willing to use more B-list characters at all like Black Mask, Firefly and Anarchy, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Shame we have to deal with more overused Joker, Bane and Deathstroke just to get some fresh faces in there, but you take the good with the bad I guess.

So why can't there be 3 villains that they always us in the game?

Top Bottom