• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PULSAR: Lost Colony (First Person FTL with Co-OP) on KS.

JDSN

Banned
Saw this on RPS this morning, looks great. Extended demo here.

Trailer.

Kickstarter Link.
Greenlight page.
What is Pulsar said:
PULSAR: Lost Colony is a cooperative starship simulator that takes you and your crew to the farthest corners of the universe on a mission to find the mysterious Lost Colony. It features a procedural galaxy generator so every journey will be unique and contain new challenges for you and your crew.

The game has been designed from the ground up to provide an amazing cooperative multiplayer experience (up to five players), although it is entirely possible to play offline with AI bots as your crew.

It will be released in the Summer of 2014 with a closed alpha test beginning in February 2014.

The game will also fully support the Oculus Rift and game controllers (such as Xbox 360 gamepad).

KEY FEATURES:
Infinite replayability. Every journey begins in a different galaxy, procedurally generated, so no two galaxies will ever be the same
12+ awesome starships across 5 diverse playable factions to support a vast range of play styles.
Five player CO-OP across LAN or Online connections.
A robust singleplayer adventure with AI that learns with you, all the way from the Academy to the Stars.

Five classes with multiple upgrade paths.
Crew permadeath. Be careful out there in the void of space! If your crew perishes, your save is deleted and it's time for a brand new adventure!

Challenge modes galore! Captain's Challenge, the Academy Challenge, etc.
Journey down to the surface of the planets you find. You'll never know what to expect!

KKRT00

I was going to make topic about this game today too :)

I'm actually excited that this exists. 3D FTL with coop seems like great idea for a game, especially with procedurally generated universe. I just hope that there will be tons of content.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can you please also post that in the current monthly Indie thread? On top of creating threads, we should also archive these games there so they arent as easily forgotten once the individual threads sink into GAF nothingness.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688767

Mindlog

That's too many words in one sentence that are aimed directly at me. It's too perfect and raises my suspicions.

Will likely back.

JDSN

Banned
Stretch goals announced:

9K0FdP6.gif

Bulk_Rate

I also checked out Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator that Scott mentioned and it looks hilarious/awesome.

Actually had the chance to play Artemis for about two hours this weekend. We got it up and running on five modest laptops with the server outputting to a 70" LCD for captain's view. Was one of the most gloriously geeky things I've ever participated in. More of a LARP vibe than a videogame experience to be sure. It was even MORE fun to observe vs. play, especially once we ratcheted up the difficulty and had folks switch stations and chaos ensued.

Gameplay-wise, not much there, just a lot of fetch quests from the space stations, but as a shared experience it was awesome when not taken seriously.

Something with FTL's actual game systems/ combat dynamics - combined with Artemis' approach to multiplayer would be really intense.

Purkake4

Banned
Actually had the chance to play Artemis for about two hours this weekend. We got it up and running on five modest laptops with the server outputting to a 70" LCD for captain's view. Was one of the most gloriously geeky things I've ever participated in. More of a LARP vibe than a videogame experience to be sure. It was even MORE fun to observe vs. play, especially once we ratcheted up the difficulty and had folks switch stations and chaos ensued.

Gameplay-wise, not much there, just a lot of fetch quests from the space stations, but as a shared experience it was awesome when not taken seriously.

Something with FTL's actual game systems/ combat dynamics - combined with Artemis' approach to multiplayer would be really intense.
Sounds fun, it shouldn't be too hard to add actual content once the framework part is in place. Just needs some support.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Kickstarted in 2013 then released in early access in 2015, it looks like it turned out pretty damn good👌

Last edited:
Top Bottom