• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Club - The Voting Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
ibsnYazbQKqLzy.png

(From now on, I think it's best to make new voting threads rather than keep using the same one. Little less confusion)

This is how it works:

We'll decide on a comic to read by voting between 3 selections (please PM me to get your nomination in!). Everyone will have 1 week to put their votes in, then we'll read and discuss our chosen comic together!

I'm not sure how long is going to be best to give to each read, but I think 3 weeks should be enough.

Here are the current nominees

1. Astonishing X-Men (Vol.1 - Gifted)

Dream-team creators Joss Whedon (TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and John Cassaday (Planetary, Captain America) present the explosive flagship X-Men series - marking a return to classic greatness and the beginning of a brand-new era for the X-Men! Cyclops and Emma Frost re-form the X-Men with the express purpose of "astonishing" the world. But when breaking news regarding the mutant gene unexpectedly hits the airwaves, will it derail their new plans before they even get started?

2. Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers (5 issue series)

The Autobot special ops crew, The Wreckers, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the Decepticons three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits Springer there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razors edge!

3. Mind MGMT (Vol.1 - The Manager)

Matt Kindt, the most original voice in genre comics, outdoes himself in this bold new espionage series! Reporting on a commercial flight where everyone aboard lost their memories, a young journalist stumbles onto a much bigger story - the top-secret Mind Management program. Her ensuing journey involves weaponized psychics, hypnotic advertising, talking dolphins, and seemingly immortal pursuers, as she attempts to find the flight's missing passenger, the man who was MIND MGMT's greatest success - and its most devastating failure. But in a world where people can rewrite reality itself, can she trust anything she sees?

Please post your vote in this thread in bold and I'll count up and decide the winner on Sunday(Oct. 27th) at 12pm PST and we can start reading!

If anybody has any suggestions for improvements, please post them here or PM me and we can work on making this even better.

...we all just read and discuss comics - all comics - together like a big happy family <3

Previous series

By far the toughest choice yet. All three are great.

I'd be happy with any of them, but my vote is Astonishing X-Men: Gifted. It's classic X-Men with a twist, and it features my girl Kitty Pryde returning to the team and being generally awesome.

rbenchley

I vote for Mind MGMT. Just a brilliant series with great writing and lovely art, and there isn't anything else quite like it.

Last Stand of the Wreckers is a really really good comic and I recommend it to everyone, even those not into Transformers.
It might make people read my favorite ongoing: More than Meets the Eye.

Having said that, my vote goes to Mind MGMT because I've never read it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I read Mind MGMT last weekend, and it was glorious. Also, the second volume just dropped, so that's pretty timely.

Nudull

Banned
Going to go against popular vote and go for Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers. IDW's done great with their stuff, and I've heard a lot of positive things about their recent output. As a TF fan myself, I've been wanting to check out their recent books lately, so this is pretty ideal (and it's a miniseries, so less worry about catching up with everyone else :p).

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Last Stand of the Wreckers is a really really good comic and I recommend it to everyone, even those not into Transformers.
It might make people read my favorite ongoing: More than Meets the Eye.

Having said that, my vote goes to Mind MGMT because I've never read it.

Ditto to this. I read everything but mind management so lets read that. The wreckers is amazing though. I'm glad people are starting to recognize the quality of of the transformer comics now.

Hobobloke

I've never read a Transformers book so based off that and the praise in this thread I'll vote for Last Stand of the Wreckers.

I have already read Astonishing X-Men. Never heard about the other 2 choices and they sound interesting. I think I'll go with Mind MGMT.

Tizoc

Bump, come on GAF, only a few days left for the voting!

From the looks of it Mind MGMT seems to be in the lead. While that would give me an excuse to finally read it, I do hope Transformers wins in the end~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom