• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Aytrial

1KISVVQ.png

Latest Vita Firmware: 3.00

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.​

kGzvasU.png

NA
05 - Castlestorm
A-Men 2
12 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
15 - Flower
19 - The Amazing Spider-Man
22 - Tearaway
26 - Ys: Memories of Celceta
29 - flOw
TBA - Furmins​

EU
15 - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril
22 - Tearaway
29 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition​

fYFzuC1.png

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Over a year after its original Japanese release, XSEED has answered the prayers of many by finally bringing the latest game in the much beloved Ys franchise to the West. Much like what Oath in Felghana is to Ys III, Memories of Celceta is actually a re-envisioning of another game, specifically Ys IV, featuring a retold story and a new battle system based off of the one seen in Ys Seven. Our dashing red-haired hero, Adol, is back again to explore uncharted lands and kick monster butt...only he is missing one thing: his memories!

Unfortunately, those in European and other PAL territories will have to wait until 'early 2014' for NIS America's local release. Though of course, there is always the option to import...

l67LhSZ.png

eouLbSp.png

Tearaway

Declared as the next coming of Christ by some, shunned for its visual aesthetics by others, there is no arguing that Tearaway is the biggest upcoming title for the Vita this month. Developed by the brilliant minds behind LittleBigPlanet, Media Molecule, Tearaway is a third-person adventure game where you join Iota on his epic journey through a vibrant papery world to deliver a unique message to none other than you, the player!

Tearaway takes advantage of all the features the Vita has to offer, from blowing into the mic to create great gusts of winds, to tapping the rear touchpad to send tremors through the Earth. It'll be a one of a kind experience that can only be enjoyed here on the Vita.

g746Y1R.png

JFwSnU6.png

JPN
07 - Akiba's Trip 2
Exstetra
14 - God Eater 2
21 - Shin Rorona no Atelier: Hajimari no Monogatari - Arland no Renkinjutsushi
28 - Bitter Smile
Criminal Girls: Invitation
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Motto 20-Bai! Mahjong ga Kyou Kunaru Houhou - Hatsu Chuukyuusha Hen
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Tokoton Mahjong! Joryuu Pro ni Chousen! Tetsuman Megami Special
Shin Sangoku Musou 7 with Musouden
Steins;Gate: Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram
White Album 2: Shiawase no Mukougawa​

OJJuNlb.png

God Eater 2

God Eater 2 is the sequel to the well-received Action RPG Gods Eater Burst. Set 3 years after the original, the world is still populated by Aragami and things have taken a turn for the worse. A "Red Rain" has poured onto the land and spread sickness in Fenrir's Far East Branch, while a new team of God Eaters, "Blood", has been sent in to investigate. God Eater 2 features two new transforming weapons ; the Burst Hammer and the Charge Spear, new Aragami, as well as introducing the new Blood Arts system, a system that evolves player's attacks based on the amount they're used, creating additional effects and stronger attacks. Some Blood Arts are learned through side missions, while there are also new locations, new NPCs, and the game will continue the story set in the original.

The game will no doubt feature copious amounts of Alisa underboob, while there is a demo available via the JPN PSN store. God Eater 2 is also available on PSP. If you're a pleb.

T39prQv.png

X2WFPyI.png

Akiba's Trip 2

Akiba's Trip 2 is Acquire Corporation's next hit title on the Vita, the sequel to Akiba's Trip on the PSP. The city the game takes place in is a replica of real life Akihabara, featuring over 125 shops that are actually in the city. Akihabara is yet again taken over by vampiric demon creatures and it's up to you and your partners to investigate why and the conspiracy around the Magaimono organization. The game is a beat 'em up title that requires you to strip the demons' clothes off and leave them naked... to expose them to sunlight. While Kati is rad, I do believe that Rin is the best girl.

Look, you rip off clothes and expose underwear and panties and buy stuff in stores since it's kind of an RPG too. It's rad.

CJGbH8D.png

6ZjUjZX.png

tjYFIeZ.png

QbtEFf5.png

M5i7LUi.png

From the Guacamelee! OT:

Guacamelee! is a Metroid-vania style action-platformer set in a magical Mexican inspired world.

The game draws its inspiration from traditional Mexican culture and folklore, and features
many interesting and unique characters. Guacamelee builds upon the classic open-world
Metroid-vania style of games, by adding a strong melee combat component, a new
dimension switching mechanic, and cooperative same-screen multiplayer for the entire story.
The game also blurs the boundaries between combat and platforming by making many of the
moves useful and necessary for both of these.

The game features a down on his luck Mexican named Juan Aguacate, who sets out to save
the world when El Presidente’s Daughter is kidnapped by an Evil Charro Skeleton. The story
takes place in and around a small village in Mexico, and has the player travelling through
alternate dimensions: “The World of the Living” and “The World of the Dead” on his quest to
rescue the girl he loves.

Many of us here wholeheartedly recommend Guacamelee!, so if you're a fan of platformers, beat 'em ups or even luchadores, give it a shot. You won't regret it!​

HyyjQgd.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time.

To switch accounts you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore).
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple).

More detailed steps located here courtesy of The Grim Heaper.

Is the Vita region free like the PSP? Can I import games without fear?
Yes it is and yes you can!

Please bear in mind that even if DLC is not region free. The only way to access the DLC of your imported games is to switch to an account with a matching region using the steps provided above.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
- 1GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
- Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
- The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

Yf2EPVT.png

_____

Thanks to The Grim Heaper and Monosukoi for their write-ups on Akiba's Trip 2 and God Eater 2 respectively, and cyborg009 for the subtitle since I lack creativity. Also, a big shout-out to Noi for all his hardwork on the threads for previous months!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nice title!
I'll put my post here since the old thread is soon to be dead.

------------

The Vita attached to the PS4 demo station at the Gamestop I was just at had a Tearaway demo. (And Runner 2)

I honestly enjoyed Tearaway more that seeing a PS4 in action.
I had imagined it can it would control kind of janky and not smooth. But was surprised at how nice everything looked, how tight the controls were, and how smooth the frame rate was, at least in the demo.

I'm going to love this game.

cRQiPXs.jpg

jwk94

Tearaway into a Remote Play world would have been a nice title. Can't wait to try out the new remote play!

Perona

Preordered Ys limited edition and I'm probably gonna get Tearaway too because I really wanna make a papercraft Atoi.

Gamerloid

Really good job with the OT. All eyes are on me now with the Tearaway OT. It's definitely the biggest game for the Vita this month.

Can't wait to get my free Soul Sacrifice! I like the design you gave the instant game collection.

krioto

Really looking forward to Tearaway.

Near start of the thread recommendations:

Killzone Mercs - get into that multiplayer!

cafemomo

Oh nice, I thought YS was comming out in December and not in November.

Now to decide whether to pull the trigger on it.

Hardcore Risette isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Just use your full party and try to hit weaknesses with everyone, etc.
I actually found the game more boring after it popped... it gave me less incentive to pay attention to the combat. :\
Did that. I was way too overleveled so Rise kept saying, it's puny. Kept rotating party members out and everything. I also needed to be hit by status aliments, but my party kept curing it. Damn you social links! Only the Reaper and the last boss gave me a "this guy is dangerous message." Nothing about being weaker or around my level. Was max level by the time I reached the lab dungeon.

Grisby

Batman Blackgate has been so disappointing. Looking forward to Tearaway though. PS plus is killing it with SS and Oddworld.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Did that. I was way too overleveled so Rise kept saying, it's puny. Kept rotating party members out and everything. I also needed to be hit by status aliments, but my party kept curing it. Damn you social links! Only the Reaper and the last boss gave me a "this guy is dangerous message." Nothing about being weaker or around my level. Was max level by the time I reached the lab dungeon.

I got it just by playing regularly =D And because Laura Baileys voice is fantastic. But that's just me.

Do we have a price range for Tearaway? And maybe size too? Last I heard was 25 Euros. Maybe $20?

Skyzard

Banned
Very nice new thread! :)

And I'm so jealous dallow_bg! Glad to hear you enjoyed it and great to see Sony showing off Vita with the PS4.

[Did anyone else get a prompt to change their password just now? - it said it was 15 days old and so had expired :S ]

CHC

Forgive me if I'm just not familiar with the format of the OT but are Oddworld and Soul Sacrifice really the new instant game collection? I was under the impression they were just November's free games but it is probably just semantics and Sony have yet to announce the new yearly Vita games.

hwy_61

Banned
Damn, I keep forgetting tearaway comes out in matter of weeks! I'm really looking forward to the reviews.

Aytrial

Forgive me if I'm just not familiar with the format of the OT but are Oddworld and Soul Sacrifice really the new instant game collection? I was under the impression they were just November's free games but it is probably just semantics and Sony have yet to announce the new yearly Vita games.

The Instant Game Collection and the monthly free games are the same thing.

Edgeward

Vita PS+ update is awesome. Totally gonna work the shit out of Vita playing SS

At least until motherfucking Ys comes out

I wasn't ever underleveled. Everything was pretty weak. But I was playing on normal and I did 2 runs through each dungeon (to get the optional boss). I just made sure to get all the special boss lines and once I felt like I was hearing the same lines over and over again for my main party, I swapped 3 new party members in. I was clearing Naoto's lab when it popped.

Batman Blackgate has been so disappointing. Looking forward to Tearaway though. PS plus is killing it with SS and Oddworld.

Not killing it for Vita owners who supported those games by buying them when they released. But for those people who slept on the quality games, apparently you have been rewarded. :p

Soul Sacrifice and Oddworld are the PS+ games added to the IGC for November.
So I'm not sure what you're asking here. The bolded part is right.
There is a decent chance 3 more games will be announced as the "yearly" Vita titles should cycle outward in November.

Following the SCEA tradition of giving out everything I already bought in a sale at some point, I fully expect LBP Vita, PASBR, and Hot Shots Golf or Unit 13 to be the IGC titles.

Wonder if Drinkbox is going to give us the additional freebie of Guacamelee as well, like they did for EU/SCEE?

Omerta

I've really got to start finishing games on this thing... This is ridiculous!

So many new distractions.

I really want ALL the Pixeljunk games and Bit.Trip games on Vita. So, I tweeted the honchos. I even got a response.

Check out @dylancuthbert's Tweet: https://twitter.com/dylancuthbert/status/396098414884028416

I don't know what I'm doing but backup would be nice ;). The fastest way to make it happen, is letting them know we want it.

But I don't want it.
Unless Sidescroller is in there... and then... well... maybe. :p
Oh, I suppose I can tweet them and ask for Sidescroller Vita/PC... ;)

Man, you guys. I'm going to do such exhaustive testing of Remote Play for you all that won't have the PS4 on the 15th.

But... but... PS4 has no games. ;)

VanWinkle

Man, you guys. I'm going to do such exhaustive testing of Remote Play for you all that won't have the PS4 on the 15th.

Top Bottom