• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escapist's NFS:Rivals Xbox One Gameplay video actually shows PS4 footage...

That I agree with. Then again, it's a puff piece, right? They never expected Detective GAF on their case.
Is there really any excuse for it though?

Saying that "it's just a puff piece" makes them look worse in my opinion. It just shows that they don't put much effort into what they produce.

Then again, mistakes happen and they removed it once they were informed of it.

Begaria

You guys are misunderstanding something here. That's clearly the Xbox One's cloud service at work. It streams the PS4 game to your Xbox One.

The infinite power of the cloud and all that!

Nokterian

This reminds me of yesterday's discussions. A lot of gaming 'journalists' have been clashing with gamers and consumers alike, and they (Sessler for example) have the audacity to say that we have made the industry worse. Yet, here we have footage of a game being introduced as gameplay footage for an Xbox One, yet it's running on a completely different console. Are you fucking kidding me? Granted, differences might be negligible, but that isn't the point.

If I am shopping for an MP3 player, a new television, or anything for that matter, how can I be shown that item's supposed functionality by use of another product? it's fucking stupid. What's worse is that they think we're ignorant and they lie to us. It's outrageous. But we will still be blamed for the decline of the industry because we are vocal about our complaints.

A lot of you may find NeoGAF intolerable at times, but I have to say that I truly think it's one of the best outlets for news. I find all of my news stories here. I find more of the "truth" here thanks to DetectiveGAF. I feel more informed just browsing these forums overall. Had I never discovered it, I think I'd be ignorant to the many lies the industry and overall media are engulfed in.

Thanks, GAF.

I must say best read of the day standing ovation for you sir. I agree with your points.

Respawn

Banned
lawd.....every vid in this thread with mis done footage has been taken down.....funny how it took two months to get that video taken down.....1 second to post a link showing the mistake....and it instantly gets gibbed.

Microsoft vultures sure are watching these threads lol

They didn't take it down because they didn't know. They took it down because they have been found out by GAF and you know how far our reach is. Then again Wario mentioned this was known a month ago for the WatchDogs game anyway.

Is there really any excuse for it though?

Saying that "it's just a puff piece" makes them look worse in my opinion. It just shows that they don't put much effort into what they produce.

Then again, mistakes happen and they removed it once they were informed of it.

Like I said, I'm slightly sympathetic only because I know what turn around times on stuff like this can be like. That's modern media, its gotta be out now. Finish it however you can.

kpaadet

Wow, watch_dogs too? Even trying to censor the buttons.

Maybe Major Nelson or Albert could clear this up by explaining why this is happening? That would stop the rumor spreading.

Sometimes MS show Xbox One footage sometimes they show PS4 footage, its all about balance dude.

Amir0x

Banned
The NFS devs implied a LONG time ago one version would clearly be better than the other, and there's no doubt which that will be

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Its tricky. If publishers aren't providing xbox footage in b-rolls, then what are websites supposed to do? The video would have been pretty dull and static without the b-roll inserts. Maybe just have a 'footage from PS4 version' overlaid in the corner? Or to be politically neutral, use PC footage if possible

KJ869

Its tricky. If publishers aren't providing xbox footage in b-rolls, then what are websites supposed to do? The video would have been pretty dull and static without the b-roll inserts. Maybe just have a 'footage from PS4 version' overlaid in the corner? Or to be politically neutral, use PC footage if possible

Just say those parts are ps4, that simple. Nothing bad in that. The problem is not saying it, implying by the title its xbox one footage and then when you are caught just pretending nothing has ever existed. That last part is the problem. People dont flip when you tell the truth

VanWinkle

The NFS devs implied a LONG time ago one version would clearly be better than the other, and there's no doubt which that will be

You know, it's interesting. Thus far, the big difference between the two platforms' third-party titles have been resolution, so I'm very interested in seeing what difference there will be in these games that will have the SAME resolution and framerate. You would think better textures and effects, but who knows. It's exciting to think about.

Broman1978

remind me of this
sony_psp_granturismo4_pgr3.jpg

Top Bottom