• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Mario and Sonic game has an AMAZING soundtrack.

Cody_D165

Banned
Yesterday, a fellow GAFfer in the Smash thread directed my attention to some of the Mario remixes done by Sega for the new Mario and Sonic game. I've been listening to them all day and I am seriously impressed.

I almost want to buy this game JUST to support the Sega sound team. God damn. Here are some examples.

Slide (Mario 64)
Koopa's Road
Bob-Omb Battlefield
Super Mario Land Medley
Circuit Theme (Mario Kart: Double Dash)
Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Main Theme - Super Mario World
Delfino Plaza (Market Street)

Full Mario OST (1hr 33m)
Sonic remix playlist

Permanently A

i6sELHf.gif

Goddamn

Sciz

*The last three Mario and Sonic games have AMAZING soundtracks

Corrected for accuracy. They've been doing this sort of thing ever since the first one sold eight figures. London 2012's original music was also extraordinary.

Seriously phenomenal stuff here. Oddly enough I'm not finding many Sonic OST uploads - anyone with the game know if there are some present or is the soundtrack completely Mario-side?

The unlockable music generally consists of remixes from Mario games and straight rips from Sonic games. The obvious explanation is that the Mario music needs improved arrangements and production quality while the Sonic music doesn't.

The dream events always include remixes from both Mario and Sonic, but they're harder to get clean rips of, and as far as I know we haven't cracked the Wii U's disc format yet to pull them straight out of the files.

Murrah

Banned
Holy crap at that 70s cop show version of Galaxy reactor. I came in here prepared to driveby post something about Fortune Street's Mario remixes being better, but Jesus

Permanently A

*The last three Mario and Sonic games have AMAZING soundtracks

Corrected for accuracy. They've been doing this sort of thing ever since the first one sold eight figures.

It did? Wow. Brand means a hell of a lot, considering it was just a bunch of waggling minigames.

Eidan

I searched the playlist from the individual songs listed, and the guy only uploaded Mario remixes. What the h.

sn00zer

Sonic Team has some amazing artists...honestly some of the best in the business....they are very subpar at creating gameplay that can even compete with the art they produce

Cody_D165

Banned
I searched the playlist from the individual songs listed, and the guy only uploaded Mario remixes. What the h.

I'm frantically looking for Sonic songs as well haha but I can't seem to find any uploads of them. Will edit a few into OP if anyone manages to find some.

Neiteio

There's a lot of impressive stuff about these games, but I can never get over them name-dropping real-world places and years in the titles. :-\

Sciz

Holy crap at that 70s cop show version of Galaxy reactor. I came in here prepared to driveby post something about Fortune Street's Mario remixes being better, but Jesus

Square's Fortune Street stuff is also better than what Nintendo puts out, but Sega is on a whole different level.

The takeaway from this is that EAD's own sound team is useless outside of Ryo Nagamatsu and maybe a couple other guys.

i think every one since the first winter olympic games has had a totally stellar soundtrack. the only reason i look forward to their release at all.

Zomba13

Is there an OST album I can buy for this? Like on iTunes or something? I don't want the game part but this music is fucking amazing. Can I like, shovel some money directly to the sound team? Would I need bitcoins? Do Sega sound people get paid in rings?

Xav

They should put these tracks in Smash Bros 4 so I can enjoy them in a game I will actually play.

Eidan

Is there any Sonic songs on the soundtrack or is it all Mario??

I just checked some gameplay footage to be sure. There are Sonic songs, but I'm not sure if the ones I heard were even remixes. They all seemed to be from Sonic Colors (I was watching a Sonic themed skating event).

Will I ever get to hear a Flying Battery Zone remix in a modern Sonic game? :(

Zomba13

I was about to go to bed when I saw this thread. Now I think might end up listening to all the Mario tracks on youtube.

Gonna need to find the Sonic ones, see how good they are.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will bet half the songs are Sonic remixes, like the other Mario & Sonic games.

I just checked some gameplay footage to be sure. There are Sonic songs, but I'm not sure if the ones I heard were even remixes. They all seemed to be from Sonic Colors (I was watching a Sonic themed skating event).

Will I ever get to hear a Flying Battery Zone remix in a modern Sonic game? :(

There was a Flying Battery remix in Mario & Sonic: London Games.

Neiteio

They should put these tracks in Smash Bros 4 so I can enjoy them in a game I will actually play.
Indeed! Someone twitter-bomb Sakurai with the link to the YouTube collection.

Koopa Road, Sherbert Land, Super Mario World, Galaxy Generator... *datass.gif lip bite*

Top Bottom