• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Mario and Sonic game has an AMAZING soundtrack.

i6sELHf.gif

Goddamn

lol what's this from?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow, thanks for sharing. Never would've known otherwise. There's some great stuff there.

entremet

I searched the playlist from the individual songs listed, and the guy only uploaded Mario remixes. What the h.

Looks like the channel is just Nintendo stuff. Dude has tons of Nintendo soundtracks all the way back to NES. Pretty dedicated channel.

He even has the huge ass Brawl soundtrack.

Dezzy

This game makes me think, why don't we have a Mario and Sonic crossover sidescrolling platformer? This is my childhood dream.

Berordn

Wait... Sega has to license music from their own games?
I am not familiar with Sega/Sonic music history, but why is that?

Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True composed the music for Sonic 1 and 2 but kept the rights to the compositions, and proceeded to use several of them as the basis for several of the group's tracks (some of them as cross-promotional material, too). Because of that, Sega has to license tracks to use anything from those two soundtracks outside of rereleases of the original games.

Looks like the channel is just Nintendo stuff. Dude has tons of Nintendo soundtracks all the way back to NES. Pretty dedicated channel.

He even has the huge ass Brawl soundtrack.

I believe it's also his second one. Back then, I'm almost positive he went by the name SilvaGunner, but that channel may have gotten shut down.

Same avatar, too.

NFreak

I believe it's also his second one. Back then, I'm almost positive he went by the name SilvaGunner, but that channel may have gotten shut down.

Same avatar, too.

I think his old channel was actually named "TimmyTurner'sDad" hence the avatar but maybe he had 3 channels...

entremet

I must admit his channel is pretty well done. Great title artwork--doesn't look cheap and great editing of the songs.

Sagitario

Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True composed the music for Sonic 1 and 2 but kept the rights to the compositions, and proceeded to use several of them as the basis for several of the group's tracks (some of them as cross-promotional material, too). Because of that, Sega has to license tracks to use anything from those two soundtracks outside of rereleases of the original games.

Thank you. I had no idea. Odd arrangement for Sega.

TheOGB

Banned
Rush remixes would just be a crushing disappointment. You can't improve on Naganuma.
I guess I am hoping more for Rush Adventure improvements. But maybe someday Naganuma will find and release the Digital Remakin' version of Get Edgy and Bomber Barbara... some day...

Higher-quality versions or remixes would be great. My secret wish for the final boss theme for Sonic Rush and the final boss theme of Sonic Rush Adventure high-quality or remixed must become a reality!
Oh god yes, Deep Core, Coral Cave, Sky Babylon, and Pirates' Island (especially dat boss)

Sciz

I got a couple of SonicGAF to pick up London 2012 on the strength of the music alone, incidentally, so everyone who's just now on the fence about this can at least take heart that you wouldn't be the first.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Reading through this thread is the best! Haha.

Some incredible mixes in this soundtrack. Wow.

Top Bottom