• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Attack Squadrons (Free-to-Play, Space Combat, Area 52, PC) Beta

iggqdYfNqtCkv.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/17/star-wars-attack-squadrons-trailer-first-details-revealed

Disney Interactive has today revealed Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, a free-to-play space combat game for PC. Star Wars: Attack Squadrons is being developed by Area 52 Games, in conjunction with Disney Interactive and LucasArts.

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons will allow players to customise and tune “popular Star Wars ships” like X-Wings and TIE fighters and will support dogfights of up to 16 players.

Website and beta sign-up

Facebook Page

Useless trailer

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dat Chris Robert's influence.

Thanks for resurrecting space games you magnificent bastard.

Oh and this is probably going to be terribad.

Mondy

Banned
If you think for a second this could be X Wing v. Tie Fighter resurrected, please prepare yourself for disappointment.

Mariolee

I bet they'll sell you a damn or two via overpriced microtransactions.

For every Y Wing you'll have to pay one original copy of the theatrical version of Star Wars, where George Lucas will incinerate it in a fire while he makes JJ Abrams watch.

Damn it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Damnit, I doubt this will be worth it. :(

Please be a worthy successor to X-Wing and Tie Fighter......

Edit:

If you think for a second this could be X Wing v. Tie Fighter resurrected, please prepare yourself for disappointment.

DAMNIT, SO NOT WORTH IT THEN!!!!

jet1911

It looks baaaaaaaaaaaad. Quite sad that Disney is not fast enough to react to the ressurgence of the space sims on the PC market.

Doopliss

Hope there's no lead-targeting reticle. Where's the fun if you don't need to use any judgement choosing where to shoot?

TL21xx

Banned
Yep, also getting the overlay error. Will come back in a couple of hours, hopefully they get that sorted out. Interest is peaked, but I'm going in assuming it will be mediocre at best.

Mindlog

Dat Chris Robert's influence.
TSDd5LW.png

Thanks for resurrecting space games you magnificent bastard.
TSDd5LW.png

Oh and this is probably going to be terribad.
TSDd5LW.png
-Inspector 7

And I don't want to be mean, but that useless trailer is very.. not good. Wow. Most of the Star Wars mods I've played over the years would put a few more passes on something like that before releasing it. My apologies to the talented individuals I may be insulting.

char0n

I've got anti-hype for this. Sim gameplay wise I'm going to call that this will be to the Xwing series what Force Unleashed was to Jedi Outcast at best. What that Wing Commander XBLA game (Arena?) was to actual Wing Commander games is more likely.

someone tell me if this is worth a damn.

I really, really want this to be worth a damn.

I hope this is worth a damn.

Damn, is this worth it?

I don't think this will be worth a 1/5 of a damn.

Worth no damns I think. I'll sign up regardless, doesn't hurt right, could change my mind.

I'll be damned if this is worth it

I bet they'll sell you a damn or two via overpriced microtransactions.

Doesn't work for me either. I guess they don't give a damn about us.

Damn, it was worthy to check GAF today

Worth damn damn worth.

Star Wars still earns a cautious hope from me to be worth a damn. I'll keep an ear out for this.

Top Bottom