• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry: The Wild Expedition (1, 2, 3 + Blood Dragon) due out in February

Takao

Banned
Good. i want to play part one on my Ps3.

yDqS2VK.jpg

When they say Far Cry 1 I assume its the Far Cry Classic that was (is?) due for XBLA/PSN? And not the Far Cry Instincts Predator for 360 that was released in March 2006?

That's cool. I haven't played Far Cry and my computer sucks, so it might be cool to pick this up on the cheep later on and play (non-oXbox-hobbled) Far Cry 1.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!!

Jb

No next gen eh? I liked FC3 so much I played through it all on PS3 instead of waiting for a new rig but man, it ran at like a constant 20-25 fps.

Maybe this is a cancer for them to put out a version of the first game on PC that isn't riddled with DRM. I mean besides the obvious UPlay jank.

Hmm. Nice. I love these kinds of compilations because I can play whole series I've missed out on. Torn a bit here though. I like the 360 controller much better for shooters but I'm also much closer to retiring that machine than my PS3. And don't the console versions of FC3 run like ass? Is one better than the other at all?

sn00zer

I must be the only person on the planet hwho loved the inclusion of the trigens in FC1....ridiculously strong, fast as hell...a lot of fun to play against

Grief.exe

This worries me since the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 don't have Uplay integration on PC, I'm wondering if they are going to remove those games entirely from the store and put up this one.

BigDug13

This worries me since the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 don't have Uplay integration on PC, I'm wondering if they are going to remove those games entirely from the store and put up this one.

But if you've already purchased it on Steam, can they take away your already purchased games?

kitzkozan

When they say Far Cry 1 I assume its the Far Cry Classic that was (is?) due for XBLA/PSN? And not the Far Cry Instincts Predator for 360 that was released in March 2006?

I just posted a minute or two ago about the XBLA version of Farcry and wondering what was happening with it. It is possibly Farcry classic, which is supposed to be a revamped and definitive version of the game.

Far Cry 1 > Far Cry 2 and it's not even close...

Then again it might be because the sequel has absolutely nothing to do with the original game. They should've just made a new franchise...

Grief.exe

But if you've already purchased it on Steam, can they take away your already purchased games?

Nope, but I haven't bought FC1 and FC2 yet on Steam.

I have 1 on disc, but haven't played 2 yet. Skipped on Blood Dragon and FC3 so far due to my disdain for Uplay.

kitzkozan

So that's where FC1 HD went. Disappointed they've decided to bundle it instead of a standalone release...

It might have a standalone release, just like Killzone HD. I think Mass Effect is also available as a standalone on PSN (although no physical release outside of the Mass Effect trilogy).

Farcry instinct was supposed to be released as a standalone game on XBLA at the cost of 540 microsoft points (also on PSN and PC).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just give me Far Cry 2 on PS4 and by itself and I'll play the shit out of it yet again despite owning it on PC and 360. No interest in FC1, 3 or Blood Dragon. (Loved Blood Dragon but once was enough)

BigDug13

Ok I'm seeing conflicting reports. One thread has a press release saying no FC1. This press release says it does include FC1.

What's the story?

I don't believe they actually portet FC1 to consoles. So I guess the 360 will get Far Cry: Instincts instead. PS3 might get that one as well but I guess PS3 won't have it.

If they really port FC1 I will buy this.

I really enjoyed the first but people are right when they say the second half is not as good as the first, as what most crytek games are. They need to stick to human enemies in their games.

Tapejara

Cool. Never played played FC1, but I'm down for a PS3 version. Loved Far Cry 2 and will buy again so I can have a physical copy.

I can do without Far Cry 3 though. Game just didn't click with me.

skeebs

Weird. I was just thinking yesterday that I wish there were a PS3 version of this.

If I could just get Dead Rising released for a Sony system, I could finally ditch my frail and fragile 360.

Top Bottom