• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry: The Wild Expedition (1, 2, 3 + Blood Dragon) due out in February

Number45

That other thread which appeared to have the official PR didn't mention the original game being included. Is FC1 (the PC one) definitely in this?

If so I might be persuaded to bite. I had such a horrid bug-filled experience with it back in the day but I always wanted to like the game.

That other thread which appeared to have the official PR didn't mention the original game being included. Is FC1 (the PC one) definitely in this?

If so I might be persuaded to bite. I had such a horrid bug-filled experience with it back in the day but I always wanted to like the game.

Maybe PC only then?

Majanew

Banned
Damn, I read the title and got excited it was coming for PS4/XB1. What a fucking letdown.

Far Cry 3 runs like shit on those old consoles.

legacyzero

Banned
yDqS2VK.jpg

LOL!

Hypron

Far Cry 1 is great.
Play it on Realistic and it becomes more of a stealth/horror game.

Yeah. I really liked the game, apart from the very end where you just fight lots of trigens and no humans at all anymore.

And actually, the normal trigens are fun to fight, it's just the humanoid ones that are annoying.

gogosox8

Weird that this isn't for the next gen consoles. Kinda seems like a missed opportunity for Ubi. Not how many people are gonna buy this now that the next gen consoles are out.

Deadbeat

Banned
Weird that this isn't for the next gen consoles. Kinda seems like a missed opportunity for Ubi. Not how many people are gonna buy this now that the next gen consoles are out.
They basically arent porting much. They are taking games that already run on the consoles (except for Far Cry 1) and then rereleasing them. They are doing fuck all except for the FC1 port.

CamHostage

Something sounds off about the details here, Ubisoft just announced the Far Cry Collection (a PS3 repackaging) this morning. No Far Cry 1 mentioned.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-announces-far-cry-collection-for-ps3/1100-6416985/

The "Far Cry Collection" news came from an official press release, whereas Wild Expedition came from a Eurogamer report. So The Wild Expedition could still be happening, but some of the details don't make sense that they'd build this box AND have a more complete box (especially if PS3 is in the Far Cry Classic plans, which if I remember right was only confirmed for 360?)

RedSwirl

It really should be PS4 and Xbox One. Far Cry 3 runs like shit on consoles and the PC version of Far Cry 2 looked significantly better than the console versions. This would've been a chance to release much better console versions of those games.

They basically arent porting much. They are taking games that already run on the consoles (except for Far Cry 1) and then rereleasing them. They are doing fuck all except for the FC1 port.

I didn't realize this but there apparently is already a console version of FC1 called "Far Cry Classic" on PSN and XBLA. So Ubisoft really isn't doing anything here but just throwing those three games on some new discs. They probably aren't even doing that. It could very well be just existing discs thrown into a new box and then printing FC1 on discs.

Top Bottom