• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese open world game "inner sanctum" announced for PS4

ReaperXL7

Inner-Sanctum.jpg

Japan-based game studio Meisekimu has revealed some of the first details of Inner Sanctum, its upcoming open world PlayStation 4 game, exclusively to GamingBolt. The game will be set in Tokyo and Osaka, with three playable characters – Kenji, Brad and James.

In a summary provided to GamingBolt, Brad is the typical Princeton graduate looking to make a quick buck and who gets involved with the Japanese mob and hedge fund trader Dylan Jefferson; Kenji is a finance student who forms his own gang and works to build a fortune after realizing the corruption of many companies; and James is an African American who teaches English and wants to build his own school. Together, these three will be embarking on an adventure of wealth and bloody madness.

http://gamingbolt.com/introducing-i...ld-playstation-4-exclusive-title-set-in-japan

Stuart444

Am I the only one who thought of GTAV when I saw the image and saw that it was 3 playable characters?

Never the less, I'm somewhat interested because of where it's set but we'll see how it goes when they have released more details/media about it.

Amir0x

Banned
everything about that synopsis sounds truly awful, so I bet this will turn out fine.

Typical Princeton grad looking to make a quick buck and gets involved with a gang
African American who teaches English and wants to make his own school
Finance Student who forms his own gang after seeing the evil of corporations

Groundbreaking archetypes

It's like someone in Japan took big notice of the huge amounts of money GTAV was making, even in his homeland, and thought to himself "I can do that."

How many people work for "Meisekimu" and what is their pedigree?

We also develop games on IOS, Android and PS4 platforms, e-commerce and other Web services for mobile devices and PCs. Established in Tokyo in 2013 as a small startup with the launch of the MeiSekiMu games and our own Platform. At our multi level Roppongi Hills Tokyo Headquarters, with offices in Osaka and Sydney, MeiSekiMu has continuously expanded its portfolio of growth engines.

http://www.meisekimu.com/about-us/?lang=en

sublimit

Banned
There are plenty of games made by japanese developers that don't have a 'japanese' art direction/influenced by a western atmosphere.

I know.This doesn't mean i must also like it.Especially when they are trying to blatantly copy the style of another famous and similar game.

everything about that synopsis sounds truly awful, so I bet this will turn out fine.

Typical Princeton grad looking to make a quick buck and gets involved with a gang
African American who teaches English and wants to make his own school
Finance Student who forms his own gang after seeing the evil of corporations

Groundbreaking archetypes

At least the black guy isn't an athlete…that's progress.

Silky

Banned
They make iOS/Android social games and their engine also works on PS4, they were only set up about 6 months ago and havent actually released anything

Either their game was a huge ass success to fund the development of their open world PS4 game in the span of six months, or...

Anyway I'm all for this. Maybe these guys will pull a United Front Games and make one of the most enjoyable open world titles this gen.

...or, they could be Ride to Hell.

Meisekimu also revealed that Inner Sanctum will include various side missions with the ability to fly and sail, along with offering a “humorous” take on society and foreigners in Japan. Along with taking full advantage of the PS4′s hardware, Inner Sanctum will also see a release on iOS and Android.

Must be a pretty big world, but mobile releases too? Probably some kind of companion version.

Is that Fanatiq?

ymXt7YR.jpg

When coupon code agefanatiq doesn't save the yakuza 15% on gaming accessories from Afterglow™ Mr.fanatiq finds him self on the run from the notorious Japanese mob. Unlock special "duck on money match with PayPal excuse" and "Request to be paid to be streamed" dialogue options when you preorder only through gamestop.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is literally a blatant rip of GTAV, and yet I can't wait to see something in-game from this. Could be awesome.

androvsky

Either their game was a huge ass success to fund the development of their open world PS4 game in the span of six months, or...

The screenshot of Shibuya is from a $1000 model download. I can't find the exact pic in the previews so it looks like they did buy the model, but it's definitely the same one; the picture on the Shibuya 109 building is exactly the same.

Thinking about it, that's not all that bad a way to manage next-gen dev costs if you have an engine that can import 3ds Max model files. It's also not nearly big enough a map for even a Yakuza game, so they'll need to buy a few more districts. The problem is all they've shown is they managed to buy 3DS Max and a model download, there's nothing that indicates they have that running on the PS4 yet.

Jacobi

Banned
Wow, the real screenshot looks great! Kinda reminds me of what we saw of the Getaway PS3 project... Looking forward to this.

Coxy

Anyway I'm all for this. Maybe these guys will pull a United Front Games and make one of the most enjoyable open world titles this gen.

...or, they could be Ride to Hell.

I'm guessing they have developed absolutely zippo so far, they've spent the last 6 months making business deals and planning their monetization and making the actual game is an afterthought.

gives me REAL GOOD vibes when they have scraps of concept art and off the shelf models tied to proud proclamations of all the places you can buy virtual currency for their games

Top Bottom