• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots for Date A Live: Arusu Install (PS3)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799697 (trailer thread)
http://www.compileheart.com/date/ars/ (official site)
---
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/29/next-date-live-game-another-virtual-novel-title-playstation-3/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/796/796033/

Unsurprisingly, the game's confirmed as being another ADV, just like Rinne Utopia which released on PS3 last year. It's set after volume 7 of the Date A Live light novels and is said to revolve around Shidou (the MC) being trapped inside a virtual world.

As with its prequel, the game introduces an original character who plays a prominent role in the story. Her name's Arusu Maria (below image) and she's believed to be an AI construct or similar. Dengeki has apparently confirmed that she has an 'opposite' who also features in the game.

8tTAEjx.jpg

Characters from volumes 5-7 of the light novel will feature in Arusu Install, in addition to the majority of the characters from Rinne Utopia. In particular, it's believed that the Yamai sisters (below image) and Izayoi Miku (not pictured) will have routes in the game. Arusu being the true route is basically a given.

The most important piece of news, however, is that the One True Waifu Tokisaki Kurumi is confirmed as returning:

The game's set for release for PS3 in summer 2014. The LE will come with a special book containing a short story by the series' author, some unused illustrations by Tsunako and a drama CD featuring Arusu.

As with its prequel, the chances of it seeing a western release are minimal, but providing there're CGs of Kurumi I'll import it faster than you can install a PS3 game.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
So there's some Dengeki scans floating around confirming CATGIRL KURUMI HNNNNGGGGGGGGG

tohka is still my waifu despite this

Seen the scan of Arusu's opposite and I'm glad she looks set to be more than just a palette swap.

So there's some Dengeki scans floating around confirming CATGIRL KURUMI HNNNNGGGGGGGGG
I don't usually like catgirls, but after a few hours of inner turmoil / heavy drinking I've decided to make an exception for her.

ohlawd

I finished the show last week and it fucking sucked but Kurumi oh god Kurumi yesss give it to me homegirl

http://www.compileheart.com/date/ars/

Website's now properly open! Assuming the character page is finalised, it confirms that the cast will basically be as expected, with the newcomers being:

Maria Arusu and ??? (game original characters)

Kaguya and Yuzuru Yamai (from volume 5)

Miku Izayoi (from volume 6)

All the other main characters from the prequel are also there, except Rinne. There're also a few sample CGs up, including catgirl Kurumi (slightly NSFW).

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmmmmm... Never finished reading the novels but I'm not exactly keen on this being a Visual Novel.

Whatever, DAY 1.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Came in expecting a Live A Live themed dating sim... left... well I'll probably pick this one up anyways, if it ever comes to the US.

A few CGs have been added to the website for Arusu and her ??? counterpart, meaning there's now one for each of the characters. Still two spaces in the gallery left so we may get some group shots or something.

Gut feeling is that she's the superior one.

Website's CG gallery is now complete, but unfortunately the last 2 additions are disappointing. Guess I'll have to wait for the release in a few months for my Kurumi fix. Some voice samples have also been added to the character page.

stilgar

In the ocean of wat that are of me these kinds of games, I have one major question:

Are all these girls supposed to be different? Same face, same body (?), same expressions...is this how you guys like it?

In the ocean of wat that are of me these kinds of games, I have one major question:

Are all these girls supposed to be different? Same face, same body (?), same expressions...is this how you guys like it?
Obligatory:

f105fdP.jpg

I feel exactly the same when I see stuff like this. Guess it's just how our brains are wired.
Though the artist's style is doubtlessly a factor here.

Please just let me screw kurumi.
Get in line.

As demonstrated above : the goal of these games isn't to screw these bald space marines ;)
Preorders cancelled.

Wait, no, I'm saying that characters that look the same to some people don't look the same to others. Try telling a gathering of cultured and discerning Date A Live fans that Origami (shit tier) looks the same as Kurumi (goddess tier) and you'd end up with a riot.

As an aside, there's zero screwing in this game, rounded to the nearest zero.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Bu... Bu... But the doujin...
I swear I saw more Yoshino screwing doujin than anyone-not-named-Kurumi-or-Kotori screwing doujin.

Try telling a gathering of cultured and discerning Date A Live fans that Origami (shit tier) looks the same as Kurumi (goddess tier) and you'd end up with a riot.
Honestly, after the latest light novel events, a gathering of cultured and discerning Date A Live fans discussing Origami looks less like a riot and more like Tumblr-esque white-knighting moral justice-mongering to me...

Oh hey, looks like they're actually going beyond the original number of gallery spaces. Release date's about 7 weeks away so it'll probably end up with 2 CGs per character.

Now that I've actually watched season 1 of the anime I need to sincerely repent for referring to Origami as "shit tier" above. She's the best girl that doesn't have a clock in her eye. Kurumi was, is and always will be GOAT.

NIce screens

Still debating whenever i will get this game or not.

Origami is still at the bottom of the sea for me.Good girl , but totally inferiror to the rest :)

Top Bottom