• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every month I write an e-mail to Intelligence Systems to not forget about AdvanceWars

E92 M3

Yes, it sounds a little crazy, but Advance Wars is one of my top favorite franchises. Right up there with the Souls series. I also just bought a 3DSXl in anticipation that something might happen with the series. We are long overdue for a good Advance Wars game.

Skelter

Banned
Did Advance Wars have good sales? I remember reading that Fire Emblem: Awakening could've been the last in the series because of low sales but FE:A sales pretty much saved the franchise.

maxcriden

OP, have you checked out Battalion Wars on GCN and Wii? I haven't played these but supposedly they're a spin-off from Advance Wars. I am impressed by your dedication!

Into

The series officially dies the month you forget to send the email.

For too long have you waged advanced war, but now the war is being advanced on your mind. Write one email to IS every month, or lose the franchise.

Advance or die, make your choice.

jigsaw-o.gif

Boney

Banned
Did Advance Wars have good sales? I remember reading that Fire Emblem: Awakening could've been the last in the series because of low sales but FE:A sales pretty much saved the franchise.
It's a non factor in japan at least. Dunno about the S/famicom ones, but thr original gba one didn't release due to 9/11 and AW 1+2 bombed. Days of ruin didn't see a release until last year as a club nintendo reward as a digital download for 3ds

The last one was released in the west but not in Japan. I would guess that the sales weren't as good as they hoped.

I'm afraid that AW is like F-Zero or Shenmue. Forget about it, OP. If you like Tactics games, just go to Matrix Games website and dive into the world of PC gaming.

Nymphae

Banned
Yes, it sounds a little crazy, but Advance Wars is one of my top favorite franchises. Right up there with the Souls series. I also just bought a 3DSXl in anticipation that something might happen with the series. We are long overdue for a good Advance Wars game.

Do they ever reply?

Platy

Every time I enter the 3DS eshop to download a game or a demo I watch the Flipnote 3D samples trailer so they see that thing has views and that it was not forgoten.

I know the feel, OP

NeonZ

I remember reading that Fire Emblem: Awakening could've been the last in the series because of low sales but FE:A sales pretty much saved the franchise.

We've heard basically nothing about this "saved" franchise either though. There was the SMT x FE announcement with no footage or anything, and afterwards, more than one year later, there has been absolutely nothing about anything Fire Emblem related.

In the meantime, between emails, have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars to recommend on the 3DS. Less charm but it satisfied a bit of what I needed from new Advance Wars.

Even the worst selling Fire Emblem greatly outsells Advance Wars in Japan.
Don't believe it does better than FE in the west either ,but that's hard to prove without numbers for Advance Wars.

Lunar15

Advance Wars has a weird and troubled history. It never took off in Japan or the UK because the first one wasn't even released in those territories due to 9/11 causing Nintendo to halt the shipments.

One of these days I'll pull up the sales data of the series, but I'm pretty sure it just never took off after that. Dual Strike did well (I think?) but Days of Ruin sounds like it was a dud. I don't even think Days of Ruin released in Japan.

nullset2

Email filters exist, you know. Not to mention you might be emailing a security company, you want to reach Intelligent Systems, not "Intelligence" Systems.

):

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
either they got it or added your name to spam. who knows. have you tried calling them?

You know this is how its going to happen:

''Intelligent Systems Customer Care how can I help you?''

Fan: ''I want my Advance Wars''

Iwata: Please understand *laughs*

''Thank You for choosing Intelligent Systems Customer Care, goodbye.'' click, click

Andy Dufresne sent a petition letter weekly. Up your game if you want results, kid.

He inspired me too ;) I'm sending yosp a tweet every now and then about a new Colony Wars on PS3 (many moons before the PS4 was even revealed) and now for a release on PS4 and VR helmet. The problem is, if I sent him something every week, he would just ban me or however it's called on Twitter, so you have to be careful...the times have changed.

Zeppeli

Banned
I message Iwata monthly, via snail mail to his house, this picture.

MamaIwata.jpg

Still no responses. Maybe I need to start delivering it in person? Why is he so Tsundere, GAF?

And every month they don't listen because devs don't have to answer to neck bearded fanboys

...sir, ...lighten up.

OP,

You've inspired me. I'm going to start writing TWO e-mails a month now.

Also, don't be surprised if you see this at the end credits of the next game:
"Dedicated to that lunatic that ritually emailed us and inspired a movement of an additional two emails a month."

kitsuneyo

Have you ever had a reply OP? Do you send the letter by email or post? Is it in Japanese or English?

If you send it by mail in their own language I guess you're more likely to get something back.

Edit - DUH the thread title says email

JCX

Advance Wars has a weird and troubled history. It never took off in Japan or the UK because the first one wasn't even released in those territories due to 9/11 causing Nintendo to halt the shipments.

One of these days I'll pull up the sales data of the series, but I'm pretty sure it just never took off after that. Dual Strike did well (I think?) but Days of Ruin sounds like it was a dud. I don't even think Days of Ruin released in Japan.

I thought the Wars series started on the NES in Japan, and like FE, saw its first western release on the GBA.

Days of Ruin was an awful idea, stripping away most everything I enjoyed about the Advance Wars games

Top Bottom