• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every month I write an e-mail to Intelligence Systems to not forget about AdvanceWars

Andy, is that you..?

vlcsnap-7827867.png

I think they´ll give it the Fire Emblem: Awakening treatment

One last chance to see if the IP is still viable, they´ll put effort into marketing and production

...and hope that it sells !

I´m so glad that FE:A sold as great as it did

rokero

I'm waiting for a new advance wars as well, have you ever gotten a reply ? I'm gonna jump on the email writing bandwagon as well

E92 M3

Every month they throw your letter away

You're probably already in their spam folder, OP.

Maybe, but at least I can say I tried and let my voice be heard.

Do they ever reply?

No, unfortunately not.

In the meantime, between emails, have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars to recommend on the 3DS. Less charm but it satisfied a bit of what I needed from new Advance Wars.

On it's way from Amazon -- worth a try for 10 bucks.

Email filters exist, you know. Not to mention you might be emailing a security company, you want to reach Intelligent Systems, not "Intelligence" Systems.

):

It was a typo -- I am writing a report and wasting time on GAF simultaneously.

You know this is how its going to happen:

''Intelligent Systems Customer Care how can I help you?''

Fan: ''I want my Advance Wars''

Iwata: Please understand *laughs*

''Thank You for choosing Intelligent Systems Customer Care, goodbye.'' click, click

Okay, I had a good laugh with that one.

Stop wasting your time and theirs and play Fire Emblem

Will begin as soon as my new 3DS arrives.

And every month they don't listen because devs don't have to answer to neck bearded fanboys

Funny, but not sure if serious.

Every month since when?

Since November.

Try writing one to Nintendo (NCL). It's not up to Intelligent Systems in the end.

I will try that as well.

Also, I don't just copy past but write new messages all the time. Normally stating something to the effect that there are a lot of fans still and we would all love a new game.

You guys (some of you) can laugh at me all you want, but this series holds a very special place in my heart and I don't want to see it disappear into sequel abyss. I'm going to at least try instead of just hoping.

Richie

Dear Mr. E92 M3.
In response to your repeated inquiries, Nintendo of Japan has allocated the enclosed funds for your Advance Wars project...

(E92 M3 is stunned, examines contents)
"This is a photo of Iwata laughing!"
In addition, Nintendo of Japan has generously responded with a charitable announcement of an Advance Wars re-release on Wii U's Virtual Console. We trust this will fill your needs. We now consider the matter closed. Please stop sending us letters. Yours truly, Intelligent Systems.

Dear Mr. E92 M3.
In response to your repeated inquiries, Nintendo of Japan has allocated the enclosed funds for your Advance Wars project...

In addition, Nintendo of Japan has generously responded with a charitable announcement of an Advance Wars re-release on Wii U's Virtual Console. We trust this will fill your needs. We now consider the matter closed. Please stop sending us letters. Yours truly, Intelligent Systems.

I want all this cleared out before Reggie gets here.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I feel ya, OP. I play Advance Wars 2 on my GBA several times a week.

Jawmuncher

I would love to have a new advance war game. Hell i'll even just take a 3DS rerelease of the DS games. Also I have been saying it forever but if Sakurai has to cut snake out of the next smash, I hope for the love of god he gives his moveset to a advance wars character.
Snake players can still play him in essence and AW fans get a rep for the series.

Tobor

Lets say they give in and make another one.

Would it be another shitfest like days of ruin? If so, it's better to just let it die.

Err, there's probably a more effective way to inform them of fan interest over a single person obsessively sending an email every month. Why don't you start a facebook campaign like Operation Rainfall or 100k for Legends 3? Another Advance Wars is a deep financial investment, and 1 email from the same guy every month is not going to change any minds. The weight of a fan collective however would at least get them to respond, and then who knows..

PokéKong

Can we first remind them to crank out at least one Panel De Pon port per console before getting bogged down with work like that and FExSMT?

If there is a new Advance Wars release, I will personally buy whatever platform it releases on for that one game alone. I love those games that much.

Boney

Banned

Would it be another shitfest like days of ruin? If so, it's better to just let it die.
Days of Ruin is the best game in the gran hide by far. I do prefer Andy and company but Wars World was getting stale, they could've rebooted it and keep the tone but in the end it's not a major problem when the game mechanics are so refined as DoR.

n64coder

Dear Mr. E92 M3.

Man, I'm dying here.

But seriously. OP, what is the email address you're using? I'll be happy to write a few emails as well. Maybe some others in this thread will also join instead of giving up?

E92 M3

Yes, Dual Strike was flashier and full of content, but Days of Ruin was also really fun to play. Advance Wars is one of the few series where I like every single game in the franchise.

Somehow I don't think it's up to IS whether not there's a new Advance Wars.

They may have influence. If they could pitch an idea to Nintendo, I'm sure the big N will listen.

Man, I'm dying here.

But seriously. OP, what is the email address you're using? I'll be happy to write a few emails as well. Maybe some others in this thread will also join instead of giving up?

webmaster@intsys.co.jp

Feel free to join up. Who knows, if we make enough noise something might come out of it.

n64coder

webmaster@intsys.co.jp

Feel free to join up. Who knows, if we make enough noise something might come out of it.

I'm skeptical of sending email to a webmaster address. Isn't it usually some lowly contact in IT who just redirects the mail to his spam folder?

If you go to the Japanese site, there are a few other email addresses listed on the Contact Us page. But as others have said, I think the decision to put out another Advance Wars game is really dependent on Nintendo, not Intelligent Systems.

Mael

Actually couldn't they try to revive the Wars IP with some kind of team based fps or something more western and current?
Kinda like another go at Batallion wars but better?

Personally a postcard adorn with some fanart (Olaf looking sad or something like that) written to the director of Advance Wars would be better dedication. Given post to Japan is more of a hassle maybe just a Christmas card will do.

Did Advance Wars have good sales? I remember reading that Fire Emblem: Awakening could've been the last in the series because of low sales but FE:A sales pretty much saved the franchise.
In Japan no. Batallion Wars (I never really got into this, I keep trying though) did better there but not particularly great (my memory is saying F-Zero GX levels of sales).

I'm waiting for a new advance wars as well, have you ever gotten a reply ? I'm gonna jump on the email writing bandwagon as well
It is not too hard to figure out e-mail addresses of Nintendo employees in some subsidiaries. It helps the invalid ones bounce so you know the valid ones did not. But I hope they read them but I don't think they should reply because it encourages too much of an annoying shotgun approach of say e-mailing everyone in Treehouse demanding Mother 3 to be translated (that would annoy them as they don't get to decide what to translate).

Fun fact. In the late 90s I asked nintendo@nintendo.co.jp for some old GB and NES developer kits (I thought they would not be needed any more and had a few spare lying around, ah naive youth...). They replied in English about how they could not help me with those systems as they no longer produce them but if I was interested in developing for their other systems to submit an application. I doubt that e-mail address still works.

Clefargle

Yes, it sounds a little crazy, but Advance Wars is one of my top favorite franchises. Right up there with the Souls series. I also just bought a 3DSXl in anticipation that something might happen with the series. We are long overdue for a good Advance Wars game.

God bless you sir!

I need to start sending out messenger pigeons to Quintet on the reg. I can feel it in my bones that they're still out there somewhere, biding their time for a glorious comeback. I need them to know that they have my full support.

If true, that's adorable, OP. Here's to hoping they actually do make another one of those. I quite enjoy the Advance Wars games.

PorllM

Banned
Advance Wars has a weird and troubled history. It never took off in Japan or the UK because the first one wasn't even released in those territories due to 9/11 causing Nintendo to halt the shipments. .

Are you sure? I'm from the UK and I bought and loved the first one. Might not have been at launch though I can't remember.

OP, 3DS is already the best console out there for these types of turn based strategy games, what with Ghost Recon and Fire Emblem. I do agree a new Advance Wars would be incredible but it would have to be quite a lot different for me, as I feel theres enough of them on GBA and DS and they're pretty similar. Maybe even release some of them on the Virtual Console for both 3DS and Wii U, that would keep me happy.

As a side note, aside from FE and GR does anyone know any other good games of this genre on 3DS?

RedShift

Advance Wars has a weird and troubled history. It never took off in Japan or the UK because the first one wasn't even released in those territories due to 9/11 causing Nintendo to halt the shipments.

One of these days I'll pull up the sales data of the series, but I'm pretty sure it just never took off after that. Dual Strike did well (I think?) but Days of Ruin sounds like it was a dud. I don't even think Days of Ruin released in Japan.

It took off in the UK.

I remember on a history trip to France the bus had several GBAs being passed around with multiplayer games on.

cluderi

Are you sure? I'm from the UK and I bought and loved the first one. Might not have been at launch though I can't remember.

Some details about that on the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars

Maybe even release some of them on the Virtual Console for both 3DS and Wii U, that would keep me happy.As a side note, aside from FE and GR does anyone know any other good games of this genre on 3DS?

As per usual Japan is getting AW 1 and 2 on the WII U VC but no idea if NA or Europe will see them (I'll buy every FE and AW game on there NOE, your move NOE)

Pic from Wii u VC thread.

QWSNHdf.png

Edit: beaten by above Don't get forget GBA VC on Wii U has Advance Wars 1+2 announced for Japan (I'd imagine they'll follow elsewhere) so maybe that is a success or Nintendo thinking "well it wasn't an ambassador game and we don't plan on making a new one, no loss releasing it".

It took off in the UK.

I remember on a history trip to France the bus had several GBAs being passed around with multiplayer games on.
We had the same thing happen.

It did launch a few months after the American version but so did everything NOE back then :(

mr_toa

Yes, it sounds a little crazy, but Advance Wars is one of my top favorite franchises. Right up there with the Souls series. I also just bought a 3DSXl in anticipation that something might happen with the series. We are long overdue for a good Advance Wars game.

would be a good fit for an IOS game
just yanking your chains :)

mihon

I would love a new Advance Wars. Days of Ruin was the best game in the series and a step in the right direction after the mess that was Dual Strike. The balance was reasonably good, though there was still problems with artillery spam and the navy units still didn't mesh well with the game. They also need to design better maps for multiplayer and improve the online options.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

Good on ya. _b Be nice if we got one the same quality are Awakening, that game is awesome.

E92 M3

would be a good fit for an IOS game
just yanking your chains :)

My pitchfork was mid-swing by the time I read the spoiler tag lol.

For every letter you write, I will write two imploring them to forget all about Advance Wars.

As long as they are seeing the words Advance Wars pop up I'll be happy ;)

I appreciate the folks that don't think I am crazy! Maybe some more of us should politely remind them how much we love the series.

Top Bottom