• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every month I write an e-mail to Intelligence Systems to not forget about AdvanceWars

Don't you guys get tired of leaving the candle burning for series and games Nintendo doesn't care about?

All they care about now is Mario, Mario kart, and smash brothers.
Anything else is seen as risky.

I love Advance Wars but Days of Ruin killed it for me.

Why do people always freak out when something isn't heard from a Nintendo franchise in a few years?

Relax people. The only thing Nintendo loves more than making more Mario and Pokemon is 'reviving' dormant franchises (see Metroid Fusion/Prime, Pilotwings 3DS, Kid Icarus:Uprising, Punch Out! Wii, Sin & Punishment 2...)

And it hasn't even been an entire generation since the last one.

Forkball

Playing four player AW by passing around the GBA and then constantly asking, "what move did you do?" was good times.

I want Andy, Max, and Sami to return. Especially Sami.

Lets say they give in and make another one.

Would it be another shitfest like days of ruin? If so, it's better to just let it die.
DoR was pretty good, what the hell :( It certainly was different from the rest of the series but there was a better sense of risk/reward with the way COs worked and units were pretty well balanced. Would've really liked to see how they could further expand on that system.

I'd buy another one. It's been long enough.

Hopefully it's more balanced like Days of Ruin as opposed to the clusterbomb that was Dual Strike.

Top Bottom