• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's the stronger king of the ocean? Aquaman or Namor?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Title says it all - who's the superior king? Which of the two deserves it more?

Aquaman is an easier guy to get along with, and he has the respect of the surface dwellers. Namor wants to kick the ass of anyone who disrespects him in the slightest. Diplomacy wise and ruler wise? It goes to Aquaman.

In a fight though, Namor doesn't really have any problem beating Aquaman in water or on dry land.

Stronger King? what a weird question.

I do honestly believe that Aquaman is a better king, but Namor is far more powerful and usually gets shit done.

CrazyDude

Tlm2pic000053.jpg

Mxrz

Namor.

First. (In a lot of things.)
Badass.
Seduces all the women.
Has the best record vs the Hulk.

Honestly, one of the things I dig about Namor is that he's never written as a black & white character, and it carries over into everything from being a King to his interactions with others. The guy is good friends with Cap and Doom. People size onto his "Dick" moments and overlook most of the other stuff, especially after the disaster that was Xmen/AvX.

Aquaman isn't the joke he used to be. But it seems like a lot of his new, better points are things Namor was doing decades ago. Which isn't a bad thing given how Marvel treats Namor these days.

Mxrz

Well, If you really want to bring AvX into it. . . .

Namor destroyed one of the most advanced nations/cultures, took on the entire Avengers (including Thor, Rulk) and was winning until Wanda-pis. All while mentally fucking Emma Frost.

I can't remember which DCAnimated movie I was watching with friends, but there's a part where they're on the Watchtower and Batman needs reinforcements so he summons a few heroes including Aquaman. My friends and I all started laughing about how Aquaman probably wasn't invited, and he just showed up. Right as we finished joking Batman yells out, "No, Aquaman! He's stronger than you!" And Aquaman gets taken down... It was really funny.

Anyway, Aquaman is still better than Namor.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
aquaman hands down

Namor.

First. (In a lot of things.)
Badass.
Seduces all the women.
Has the best record vs the Hulk.

Honestly, one of the things I dig about Namor is that he's never written as a black & white character, and it carries over into everything from being a King to his interactions with others. The guy is good friends with Cap and Doom. People size onto his "Dick" moments and overlook most of the other stuff, especially after the disaster that was Xmen/AvX.

Aquaman isn't the joke he used to be. But it seems like a lot of his new, better points are things Namor was doing decades ago. Which isn't a bad thing given how Marvel treats Namor these days.

aquaman has only been a joke in animated series

Chuckie

Aquaman, cause everyone in DC is overpowered...

The whole Bat-family doesn't have powers, Green Arrow doesn't have powers, Aquaman just has a bit of power. And even the overpowered ones would probably lose against the Hulk, Scarlet Witch or that one boy that can create universes or something.

Slayven

Namor without a doubt. take away Aquaman's fish speak and douche hand he doesn't stand a chance.

Aquaman has gotten Atlantis blown up like twice and thrown back in time and made slaves.

Namor just fucked with Black panther

Namor.

Namor is much, MUCH stronger than Aquaman is, and can fly at mach speeds. There's not really much Aquaman could do to him.

Slayven

I take it back. I think current thing would probably do horrible things to Aquaman if they ever got in a dust up.

Aquaman might be able to hang with colossus.

Colossus always jumps up to be beat down. I always thought Juggernaut telling Warpath his punches remind him of the Russian was an insult.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Before it was clearly Namor but i hear Aquaman has gotten some upgrades in the Nu52. And it doesnt matter Namor is still the better character.

Colossus always jumps up to be beat down. I always thought Juggernaut telling Warpath his punches remind him of the Russian was an insult.

Older (and presumably stronger) Colossus got straight up MURDERED by Molly Hayes in Battle of the Atom.

This is not hyperbole. She beat the living daylights out of him in a half dozen hits and that colossus is dead. Either Molly grows up to hit harder than the juggernaut or someone reaaaaaaaaaally hates colossus.

Before it was clearly Namor but i hear Aquaman has gotten some upgrades in the Nu52. And it doesnt matter Namor is still the better character.

Those would have to be some upgrades. Namor is in the "hundreds of thousands of tons" range, and has beaten or stalemated hercules and the hulk- though usually underwater where he's strongest.

Riposte

Well, I like Namor better, because he's the secret main character of the Marvel-verse.

Can Aquaman still give people seizures? I'm sure Namor is especially vulnerable to that.

Well, I like Namor better, because he's the secret main character of the Marvel-verse.

Can Aquaman still give people seizures? I'm sure Namor is especially vulnerable to that.

3233111-capture.png

nope. just gave him a bit of a headache, though it knocked out every other atlantean. Namor is a half atlantean with an x-gene, so the telepathic control of sea life doesn't really work.

Slayven

Older (and presumably stronger) Colossus got straight up MURDERED by Molly Hayes in Battle of the Atom.

This is not hyperbole. She beat the living daylights out of him in a half dozen hits and that colossus is dead. Either Molly grows up to hit harder than the juggernaut or someone reaaaaaaaaaally hates colossus.

Those would have to be some upgrades. Namor is in the "hundreds of thousands of tons" range, and has beaten or stalemated hercules and the hulk- though usually underwater where he's strongest.
Molly was holding back, cause she was doing crazy shit like ripping the Dark Force out of Cloak.

3233111-capture.png

nope. just gave him a bit of a headache, though it knocked out every other atlantean. Namor is a half atlantean with an x-gene, so the telepathic control of sea life doesn't really work.

Never knew what Namor saw in Marria, until they showed what else he will get down with.

I'm surprised people have never heard of Namor. Figured people would at least know about Marvel's Aquaman.

The Marvel fanboy in me wants to say Namor, but I love Aquaman in JLU and Brave and the Bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom