• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great first impression, Microsoft

molnizzle

So I just got all set up after arguably making a dumb decision, and I'm obviously excited to get my Titanfall download going so I start getting my shoot on.

After twiddling my thumbs for about 15 minutes during the initial update, it's finally time to log in and enter my download code.

"Can't connect to Xbox Live. For a more complete description go to Xbox.com/status."

*checks website*

APJyy9b.png

Wow!

What a wonderful $500 paperweight I have now!

EDIT (1): Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about not being able to download Titanfall. I'm complaining about not being able to do anything on my Xbox One because the console is brand new and has never had a user sign in. Apparently the Xbox One will play games just fine when you're not connected to the Internet – after you've signed in to XBL at least once. I obviously have not, so I can do jack shit with this $500 piece of equipment until the issue has been resolved.

This has been going on for roughly 5-6 hours now as of 7:15 PM CST.

EDIT (2): Apparently there are actually issues with accessing your save files in certain games when playing offline:

Killer Instinct classic notified me just now that without signing in I need to create a new save and nothing I do can be saved.

I... umm. wat?

EDIT (3): Apparently this issue affects physical retail games as well:

I can't even create an offline account? No way to log in or create an Xbox Live account, so I guess I'm just SoL.

I bought a physical copy of Forza 5 and I am completely unable to play it.

What in the ever loving fuck.

Forza won't let you play without a profile.

I don't have a profile because XBL is down, and can't create an offline one, which means that I can't play the game.

I thought that you could play games without being online? What gives?

EDIT (4): 9 hours later, it looks like we're in business. I was finally able to sign in. Titanfall is downloading, and now I can play retail games and do other shit with the console since I have a profile. Great.

Hope things get sorted shortly for all those wanting to play TF :(

I'm sure MS are trying to move heaven and earth as we speak to get it sorted

Can't imagine what happened to cause this

S¡mon

Banned
Don't worry, it will be back sometime during the coming hours/days.

If you are disappointed by your purchase, return the Xbox One. You know you won't.

Mesoian

So...you didn't expect network issues on the day when the highest profile Xbox One game to date went on sale, mostly through digital means?

Kay.

There's a stronger argument here for the necessity of preloading on the Xbone. But yeah, the game is like, 50 gigs and everyone is trying to download it at once.

Rich!

You know? Things break.

Regardless of the OP's issue with the console itself, if you're paying for an Xbox Live Gold membership you should have faith that the system won't break - otherwise, why the fuck should anyone pay for it?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Happened to every load-spiked online service ever.

zewone

This thread makes me excited for when I get home from work and my Amazon order of the Titanfall bundle is there. :D

Can't wait to play Dark Souls 2 instead!

molnizzle

So...you didn't expect network issues on the day when the highest profile Xbox One game to date went on sale, mostly through digital means?

I expected to get home with my new $500 piece of equipment and actually be able to use it in any capacity at all, yes.

Zacillac

Neo Member
Shit happens... It won't take too long before they have everything back up and running, especially considering that they probably have a fire under their ass for the first major game release of the year.

c3t

Banned
Is this necessary? Xbox Live will be back up in the coming hours, hell, it can be within the hour. It is unfortunate that it is down cause I want to log on, and make the purchase for Titanfall, but I can't. Making a thread to complain is pretty damn stupid when there is another thread talking about the service being down already.

This thread makes me excited for when I get home from work and my Amazon order of the Titanfall bundle is there. :D

Can't wait to play Dark Souls 2 instead!

I hate you... i remember seeing that pic you posted and was then kinda bummed i traded in my 360 for my One that arrived today. No Dark Souls 2 for me :"(

Grief.exe

So I just got all set up after arguably making a dumb decision, and I'm obviously excited to get my Titanfall download going so I start getting my shoot on.

After twiddling my thumbs for about 15 minutes during the initial update, it's finally time to log in and enter my download code.

"Can't connect to Xbox Live. For a more complete description go to Xbox.com/status."

*checks website*

APJyy9b.png

Wow!

1) Take it all back.
2) Plop down $150 for GTX 750 Ti. Card alone produces more TFLOPs than the One + PS4 combined, so you will have longevity.
3) Pick up PC version of Titanfall for ~$40.
4) Use money saved to fly to Mexico for vacation.

Asd202

All I can say is: SUCKER. But seriously it's normal for the server to be down when big game hits.

1) Take it all back.
2) Plop down $150 for GTX 750 Ti.
Card alone produces more TFLOPs than the One + PS4 combined
3) Pick up PC version of Titanfall for ~$40.
4) Send money saved to me.

Also this.

watership

Hey guess what? Xbox live just had some temporary connection issues. That actually means your Xbox One is useless. Forever.

big_z

Massively popular game launches and server troubles go hand in hand. After like 10 years of it happening you'd think people would be used to it by now.

Omega

Banned
Is this necessary? Xbox Live will be back up in the coming hours, hell, it can be within the hour. It is unfortunate that it is down cause I want to log on, and make the purchase for Titanfall, but I can't. Making a thread to complain is pretty damn stupid when there is another thread talking about the service being down already.

if this was neogaf you would have a point.

but this is molvetica.blogspot.com

*checks website*

APJyy9b.png

Wow!

Welcome in this century.

I understand it's frustrating, and there isn't even a single player to play while XBL is having problems but these things happen when so many people are using their service at the same time.

Top Bottom