• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metro Redux (Metro 2033+Metro Last Light+DLC) Coming to PS4/XB1/PC

This comes from an Italian website called everyeye.it. Admittedly I have fairly little knowledge of this site and the potential validity of this rumor. With that said, I figured it would be worth sharing when taking the images into consideration.

http://www.everyeye.it/multi/notizia/metro-redux-in-arrivo-per-pc-playstation-4-e-xbox-one_188017

Google translate version;
One of our exclusive user reports that in July it plans to launch Metro Redux for PC , PlayStation 4 and Xbox One . It is a comprehensive collection of Metro 2033 , Metro Last Light and its downloadable content available with major graphical improvements especially for the console versions.
There are still no official confirmation from publisher Deep Silver and developer 4A Games , but given the success of the game and the technical limitations of the console versions of the older generation is not a possibility to be excluded altogether.

The source they link to in the article is from a member of their forums who supplied these two images.

C90gkbn.jpg

0IAAKeZ.jpg

despire

Didn't we already get an official statement about the PS4 version of Last Light a year ago? Then there was some rumors/speculation about the 2033 being included in as well.

KAL2006

Banned
Expected , PC ports will continue. We have Tomb Raider already, GTAV is rumoured. I expect Batman Arkham Trilogy before the release of the new game too. This is good for console gamers who didn't experience these games on PC with Ultra settings.

I could not open a new topic and I reported the news on N4G, to our user of this material has been delivered from a source not verified

thuway

Expected , PC ports will continue. We have Tomb Raider already, GTAV is rumoured. I expect Batman Arkham Trilogy before the release of the new game too. This is good for console gamers who didn't experience these games on PC with Ultra settings.

Yeap. There will also be a little more bling so they can try and resell it to PC guys as well. WHAT'S THAT? ALL NEW TEXTurE MAPS??

EctoPrime

Ultimate edition rerelease with DLC vouchers should never be tolerated on new systems. If a last gen version existed I would be fine with vouchers to use existing disc stocks but the extra content should be on the disc on current gen consoles.

T.O.P

Banned
YES!

played the first but never got around to the second one cuz of my rig (avg of 20fps on a decent quality lol)

D1 for me on X1 or PS4

I'd happily play LL again just to see what they can add on top of the already excellent visuals on the pc version. I doubt I'd want to replay 2033 though, LL really doesn't improve in every area over it's predecessor.

oggob

Didn't we already get an official statement about the PS4 version of Last Light a year ago? Then there was some rumors/speculation about the 2033 being included in as well.

I also recall something like this, having never played 2033, when I heard the above, I never considered getting Last Light given the possibility of a double pack for the PS4/X1 gen

DieH@rd

Banned
Metro games
Crysis games
Far Cry games [at least FC3]
Skyrim
Bioshock Infinite

+many first party franchises ported from both console camps [Gears, Halo, TLOU, Beyond, GoW3+GoW:A, Resistance, Uncharted, Journey]

Also, Puppeteer NEEDS to be ported to both native PS4 [1080p60] and for Morpheus. If Polyphony is willing, port best parts of GT6 to Morpheus.

I got 2033 for for practically nothing when THQ was in full-blown panic mode, but whenever I try to run my PC starts to sound like a wind tunnel and the temperature in my room raised by 10 degrees. Getting to play them on Next Gen hardware is much appreciated.

DieH@rd

Banned
I havent played both of them, so nextgen ports are very appealing to me. Although there is still chance I will play them on my PC after I upgrade GPU.

I kinda want to reward 4A with nextgen game purchase because of that great interview Digital Foundry had with their engine lead. He gave zero fucks about questions about complexities of PS3. He was extremely satisfied with SPEs. :D :D :D\

How does 2033 compare to Last Light?
It has much more horror and tension oriented than Last Light, very low on giving resources to player [bullets = money].

Kevin

Sounds like an awesome collection. If true, I hope the console version will come out with full graphics of the PC version intact.

I really disliked 2033 for some odd reason but I really loved last light when it was available on plus such a fantastic game!

S1kkZ

will buy if true. keep the port-train rolling publishers! i wouldnt mind far cry3 + blood dragon, saints row 4 and crysis 3 on ps4/x1.

cripterion

Too many goddamn ports to cover the lack of new games for these systems. Oh well, I guess it's good for people that didn't have the pc to run it.

legacyzero

Banned
Metro Last Light was my GOTY, so I would glady buy this on PS4. I hope 4A are working on another one. Love this series to death.

Zoggy

got metro last light for a penny through some best buy screw up last fall.

beat it, it was ok, no interest in 2033 tho.

Too many goddamn ports to cover the lack of new games for these systems. Oh well, I guess it's good for people that didn't gave the pc to run it.

I don't mind really. True next gen games won't hit these consoles till fall. From Infamous to Titanfall, seems these early games were rushed out the door. The games definitely needed time for polish.

Would love GTA V and Arkahm Origins on PS4. Don't mind settling for indie games at the moment.

liquidtmd

Banned
Too many goddamn ports to cover the lack of new games for these systems. Oh well, I guess it's good for people that didn't have the pc to run it.

It is a problem - but if some gems like this, TLOU and GTAV come between now and October until the big hitters start to fall, I've no issue with it.

Oynox

I hope they will do bug fixing as well... Metro 2033 stealth mechanic was broken due to some annoying bugs.

GoaThief

Love the series, best FPS to come out in recent memory if played in Ranger mode.

Depending on price I may double dip, depends on the improvements to both.

KAL2006

Banned
Batman Arkam Trilogy
Metro Redux
The Last of Us Complete Edition
Beyond Directors Cut
BioShock Trilogy
Crysis Trilogy
GTAV GotY
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

All the above games would greatly benefit from the extra horse power with 1080p graphics and all the DLC included. They need to have ports release before September. There is a huge draught between now and September, its a perfect time for ports and indie games to get those extra sales.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like Last Light a lot more than 2033. The latter especially deserves a port as it still looks stunning on PC.

met180st3.png

met1j0u7p.png

Batman Arkam Trilogy
Metro Redux
Beyond Directors Cut
BioShock Trilogy
Crysis Trilogy
GTAV GotY
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

All the above games would greatly benefit from the extra horse power with 1080p graphics and all the DLC included. They need to have ports release before September. There is a huge draught between now and September, its a perfect time for ports and indie games to get those extra sales.
Yeah would be stupid especially for Sony to leave that money on the table. So many games in 2013 that could see additional sales on PS4. One in a time opportunity

Batman Arkam Trilogy
Metro Redux
Beyond Directors Cut
BioShock Trilogy
Crysis Trilogy
GTAV GotY
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Crysis 1 and warhead but not crysis 2 or 3

AJ_Wings

I hope they will do bug fixing as well... Metro 2033 stealth mechanic was broken due to some annoying bugs.

It wasn't broken. It was just far more unforgiving like you could lose them in the shadows but they're much faster to react to you if you exposed yourself again compared to Last Light where the window for detection was far more forgiving.

I know a lot people disliked the stealth in 2033 but I greatly enjoyed ghosting some of the bigger maps. It took a lot of trial & error but damn was it satisfying.

Majmun

I actually want S.T.A.L.K.E.R. instead.

I've played that game at 15–20fps for almost ten hours before I couldn't stand the low framerate anymore. Loved the game so much but my PC was struggling with it.

Top Bottom