• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Steam thread is still in beta, please tell us what changes are working/not working or stuff we should add back.

iBRhQ9aZCw2Uu.png

Want to submit a game for next month? - PM a 100 word review on why your chosen games should be on our radars.

Goat Simulator

The game is a milestone in the evolution of Goat simulators, with it's advanced physics engine and engaging game play it's sure to be
one of the best games of 2014. On a serious note the game requires you to cause destruction by moving the goat around and causing
havoc, the more destruction you make the greater the points you acquire.

Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition

A up-scaled port of the Vita version of the game hits the PC. play the Batman games in a classic twist of 2.5D gameplay and learn more
about the world of Gotham and the characters who reign terror on this city. The game is nearly the same as it's bigger brother at a fraction
of the price, well worth picking up if your are into the Batman mythology & lore.

Halo: Spartan Assault

Halo makes a return for the PC since the release of Halo 2, luckily it doesn't require vista and it's using Steamworks, however it's not a
FPS. Halo: Spartan Assault is a top down shooter at heart and tells the story of the how the Spartan Ops program came to be.

Eterium

Eterium is a space flight sim in the vein of classic games from that genre in the 90's - 'You play as a pilot serving aboard United Earth
Alliance carrier Canopus during a war against an vicious alien race known as the Revi.'

Life Goes On
- Submitted by More_Badass
As its core, Life Goes On may seem like just another platformer. You dodge spikes and flames, jump over gaps, and evade all manner of
different traps and hazards. But in this game, death is not the end, but rather a tool at your disposal. Your demise leaves a corpse in your
wake, allowing you to build safe passage across danger with your dead bodies or leave your corpses on pressure plates. This mechanic
gives Life Goes On a great sense of black humor and allows for interesting challenges not possible in other puzzle platformers.

Dark Souls II

It's the sequel to Dark Souls, good luck.

Fract OSC
- Submitted by More_Badass
Fract OSC is an open-world exploration puzzle game set in a world built on sound. This abstract landscape of abandoned machinery
and looming mechanisms is your playground to manipulate and discover, using music and sound to activate machines and solve puzzles.
You can even create and share your own musical masterpiece through an in-game studio

Shovel Knight
- Submitted by vermadas
Okay, so it's not 100% confirmed for April, but "a few weeks after" March 31st sounds like it to me. This game hearkens back to 8-bit
Capcom and takes more than a fair share of inspiration from the likes of Mega Man and Ducktales. If that's not enough for you, Jake
“Virt” Kaufman is doing the soundtrack. Yeah, it's going to be awesome. What's sad is that Shovel Knight is probably ranked 3rd on games
I'm most anticipating for April behind Dark Souls 2 and Trials Fusion. I can't remember the last time so many titles that I've been highly
anticipating were coming out within a short time span.

iLXMaaTCLezL7.png

i8MzHJaCJJKM5.png

i0sSHaOvDvoIE.png

i49jlkhqc9QSf.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats or post damage lists from sales.
FAQ:
  • Sites that list Steam profile Stats? - Check list, remember not to spam this thread with your profile stats:
i70lbDhoLu1SV.png

Warning: Some of the sites have region locked keys that only work in certain regions of the world, please check before buying:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New thread layout looks great, thanks MRORANGE!

Tizoc

Wait we're doing monthly threads now?
This will take a while to ge used to...
Will add Life goes on to my wishlist.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wait we're doing monthly threads now?
This will take a while to ge used to...

The last few threads have lasted 27-35 days before hitting 20k, so the transition made sense and brought Steam in line with how other digital platforms are dealt with. :)

Nzyme32

Gorgeous as always MrOrange. I will give the thread the usual lords blessing, which is actually from just last month

NfPmloP.jpg

Levyne

Banned
Subscribed. Been a little absent in the last thread because some PS3/4 releases but I know I'll be back for Dark Souls 2 :)

I'm enjoying the altered format

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good MRORANGE :) So if I've got it right now we're moving to monthly threads for Steam, just like for Playstation Network etc ?

derExperte

From Dusk Golem's secret giveaway as I already own it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-27D7C7A843091872 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Grief.exe

Cross posting from the end of last thread

Ms. Splosion Man Steam Achievements. It's happening.

• "name": "Achievement 1"
    "name": "Achievement 2"
    "name": "Achievement 3"
    "name": "Achievement 4"
    "name": "Achievement 5"
    "name": "Achievement 6"
    "name": "Achievement 7"
    "name": "Achievement 8"
    "name": "Achievement 9"
    "name": "Achievement 10"
    "name": "Achievement 11"
    "name": "Achievement 12

What's the traversal like in Goat Simulator? I think a serious goat simulation game could be really interesting. Realistically modeled musculature, balance capabilities, survival mechanics, Etc.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Fresh thread giveaway, good luck :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-72D63B0B6768C274 - Taken by zkylon. 8 entrants total.
Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-84197975489C0371
Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror -- MB-11A5AA15BD6486D8 - Taken by ChiefofCitadelSecurity. 17 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper -- MB-ED05C9DF55DDB9D5 - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-7280F98366C5FFB1 - Taken by nampad. 8 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-F2C807A5B7768CE2 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.

t1396397113z1.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
is this a real beta or one of those bullshit marketing pre-order betas?

fallout

This is a really whiny request, but any chance we could get a link to the new thread whenever the old one is closed?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I went to post in the old thread and I thought there was some kind of April Fool's joke going on.

I saw it locked on my subscriptions page and clicked faster than I've clicked before, I thought shit must have gone real sour real quick for the Steam thread to get closed.

This is a really whiny request, but any chance we could get a link to the new thread whenever the old one is closed?

Usually there is one, just not the final reply. MRORANGE had a post with an image link to this thread.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I like it!

Hyped for the goaty that will be released in a few days. Colonizing africa and the muricas with portugal in eu4 while I wait

Hey, is there a way back if you accidentally claimed a Humble Bundle key for yourself but already have the game?

You can nuke the keys.

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

Zafir

Was wondering what happened when I saw the old thread locked, and then remembered we were swapping to monthly threads, heh.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Monthly Threads? Is this a new thing?

Brings it inline with the other monthly threads for PSN etc. I don't really see it making a big different tbh. So you have maybe one or two threads for April and it then moves to May etc. No big change, still one platform etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom