• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I've decided to replay Two Worlds 2 after reading Big_Al's experiences. Odd issue though is that on DX10 mode I continue to get CTD's every 10-15 min. Maybe it's just a Nvidia issue as my ATI card didn't seem to have this issue.

derExperte

you can nuke the keys.

Oh, sry, I meant on the Humble Bundle site after you bought a bundle. Where you can click on the links and either claim them for your account or gift them.

superlateedit: My friend didn't actually own the game, he only thought so. And HB complains when trying to claim one that is already in the linked Steam account.

Wow, that OP is gorgeous.
This feels like a whole new chapter for the SteamGAF books, or like a reboot of sorts where the reboot is actually good and improves on the original formula.

Really love how simple and clean everything is.
Well done!

fernandes

Woo, new thread format! Is it going to be a monthly thing now?

Anyway, thanks Arthea for his fun giveaway and for "Rearguard Cinderella"! :D

MRORANGE

For May, it would be really really useful if people started sending me mini-reviews (or why the game is interesting) of upcoming games for that month, I only received 3 reviews for April.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Arthea, thanks for Huntsman The Orphanage, or Prey The Kindergarden as the clue stated, ha. Much appreciated!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed that 100% Orange Juice has a release date of May 9th now, the same day as Killer is Dead. I also spy a moderately interesting looking RPG Maker game coming out in May as well. Excellent.

Salsa

this thread is cool but it's not summer/christmas sales thread i'll tell you what

mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
/10

try adding more terminator gifs

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
this thread is cool but it's not summer/christmas sales thread i'll tell you what

mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
mole_popout1.gif
/10

try adding more terminator gifs
I miss your animated avatar :(

Kinda sucks that we couldn't fill out the old thread, but the monthly format does seem like it's the best for SteamGAF.

Vecks

Brings it inline with the other monthly threads for PSN etc. I don't really see it making a big different tbh. So you have maybe one or two threads for April and it then moves to May etc. No big change, still one platform etc.

Ah, had no idea about other monthly threads, as this is the only megathread I visit.
I will miss seeing the thread reach its natural end.
Ending at the end of the month takes away the surprise.

Nzyme32

I meant more along the lines of, will it be a regular thing?
Like the OP. Nicely laid out, the 'upcoming games' will be quite helpful in the future

It should be regular from now. The issue is if we will be continuing to grow, and thread length mod limit is reached far before the end of the month, in which case we may have to switch to a biweekly thread. For now this should be perfect and should prevent us from having threads become a bit confusing for newcomers

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think we should trim down the title of the monthly thread a bit.

Is Announcements and Updates necessary?

How about "STEAM - 04/2014 - Whatever meme we're beating to death at the moment?"

Salsa

it's pretty clear that the goal now is to fill this thread with gibberish and reach 'STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 April 2' before May so it all falls apart

Arthea

nice new thread and as promised here is what was what. Sorry for a long ass list

Unmount and blunt Mount & Blade
Africa Singluaris 3 partially Europa Universalis III Complete
Cowardly relief Hero Siege
Nathe: hiding under rock Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Prosaica Magicka
Stars defending Planets Under Attack
Pre eldorado calm Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Planet rabbits 3: Military peace Star Wolves 3: Civil War
Eaf history Legend of Fae
Monday Evening AA Saturday Morning RPG
Plain nothingness Arcane Worlds
Staying in high place, last chapter The Journey Down: Chapter One
Loner sitter, crowl of woodenheaded Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Station conquered Expeditions: Conquistador
tsk tsk standoff Bang Bang Racing
Standoff ejection RACE Injection
White feet Face Noir
lack of data burst slow backwards Data Jammers: FastForward
Troll wither Burnia Fairy Bloom Freesia
Roman vase Krater
Kilobit Recoil Megabyte Punch
Big Standing SIDEWALK Little Racers STREET
Peasant Nobody Supreme Commander
Peasant Nobody Loose Hostiles Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
DrawnRich Cuties Insignificant PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
EarthPeacemakers AirBuccaneers
Prey The Kindergarden Huntsman: The Orphanage Halloween Edition
Robots Not The Robots
Heal Cripple Blessing of the Silver last episode Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold Episode 1
Unrelated Ground Knytt Underground
Oriak Kairo
Levitating Critters Gravity Badgers
Natural Freebies Bionic Dues
Rkcilc Clickr
Many Deadends Cowardice One Way Heroics
Sunset of Reality Republic Peace Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars
Minor Order Major Mayhem
Continuous Earth Shattered Haven
Rearguard Cinderella Vanguard Princess
Disconnect that (minus) Bridge It (plus)
Disconnect Failure Bridge Project
Station ‘em High Ride ‘em Low
White feet Face Noir
Dice Village Days Card City Nights
Ig Wed Ittle Dew
Knife Plastic Gun Metal
Ordinary Schedule Magical Diary
BYTE.STAY STANDER BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Unsang Diorf Sang Froid
John Carmack’s Regular Guards Atlantic Floors Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
The Inconvertible The Swapper
Chaoticenemy Beatbuddy
Athens: Local Truce Rome: Total War
The 93 flats The 39 steps
Lebesei Iesebel
Dull 2 Devo Sparkle 2 Evo

No need to post thank you messages, btw
you are all welcome

and I have a question. It seems there were couple of unclaimed games, now when people know what they are, could they still use the old thread post, or should I repost it here?

edited: ups, tabs are gone, I hope it's possible to understand it still

Terra_Ex

That felt like the shortest Steam ever. Anyway, I won Magical Diary from Arthea's mystery giveaway but as I already own it, someone else can have it:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
Arthea is giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magical Diary -- MB-63161C9264AC1524 - Taken by Blablurn
Thank Arthea and not me.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Guys, remember that the last topic had 51 pages, and it was started just a WEEK ago.

Grief.exe

Kinda sucks that we couldn't fill out the old thread, but the monthly format does seem like it's the best for SteamGAF.

We still ended up making quite a large dent into that thread in such a short time period.

I agree with Stump, the first ~500 posts in the old format were just filler, people excited for the new thread. Going to the monthly format will help alleviate that, go from an arbitrary switch to an expected one.

Grief.exe

I think we should trim down the title of the monthly thread a bit.

Is Announcements and Updates necessary?

How about "STEAM - 04/2014 - Whatever meme we're beating to death at the moment?"

What about the history of the thread? Where is your nostalgia?

If I had to make a title suggestion, I would say April 2014 instead of 2014 April. Rolls off the tongue better.

Copons

We still ended up making quite a large dent into that thread in such a short time period.

I agree with Stump, the first ~500 posts in the old format were just filler, people excited for the new thread. Going to the monthly format will help alleviate that, go from an arbitrary switch to an expected one.

I don't really know about GAF tradition regarding this, but I honestly don't think this would be the best way.
I guess the best way would be temp-banning everyone, but it would also rapidly become the worst. :(

X05

nice new thread and as promised here is what was what. Sorry for a long ass list

Peasant Nobody Supreme Commander
Huh, I thought it was another one.
I already got this, so I guess I'll ask modbot to relist it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom