• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
4/14 you date heathen.

2395689-4576297224-wrong.gif

GaussTek

New thread already, nice!

I like it being monthly, that way I can easily keep track of the games releasing each month. Thanks guys!

Grief.exe

It's going to be a very interesting couple of months going forward as GFWL shutdown date is rapidly approaching.

Going to be riveting to see which companies go into scramble mode and which just don't give a fuck.
I guess Epic/EA were first to throw their hats into the latter camp.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-2A268A33E0266EB5

I think I like a monthly update as long as the OP is continually updated per month with new releases.

Since the old thread died when I posted this here is the repost:

I was thinking about Guild Wars 2 and ESO, but my only real problem with most MMOs are the combat and/or lack of player economy. I played EVE for maybe 3 months, but I realized I needed more time in that MMO. I used to play Runescape, but after maybe 4 years of that I grew tired of it. The thing that drew me to EVE and what kept me in Runescape was the large player driven economy. EVE does not have the best combat and while Runescape's combat has improved, it is not on par to most non-MMOs I play. With the Elder Scrolls ONline my only real gripe was the combat and for Guild Wars 2...I am not too sure about the game since the combat seems a whole lot like the generic hotkey mmo.

Maybe some of y'all here in Steam thread can give some input? MMO fans have different standards or views than non-dedicated MMO players like myself and some of you.

FloatOn

I can dig monthly steam threadz. it's vaguely reminiscent of when I used to get electronic gaming monthly in the mail. which of you is quarterman?

Tellaerin

Eterium

Eterium is a space flight sim in the vein of classic games from that genre in the 90's - 'You play as a pilot serving aboard United Earth
Alliance carrier Canopus during a war against an vicious alien race known as the Revi.'

Okay, this new recommendations thing rocks. I didn't even know this game existed before today. Looks... Wing Commander-ish (and that's a good thing!) Wishlisted.

nice new thread and as promised here is what was what.

Awesome giveaway, man! (Thanks for Card City Nights, by the way.) I've been seriously tempted to mock up ads and boxart for some of the titles you came up with, just for the hell of it. (I keep imagining this Working Designs-ish ad for "Rearguard Cinderella" with some anime-style female general angrily brandishing a sword and a double entendre tagline like, "Let no man take you from behind!" >.> )

An-Det

Cross posting from the end of last thread

Ms. Splosion Man Steam Achievements. It's happening.

• "name": "Achievement 1"
    "name": "Achievement 2"
    "name": "Achievement 3"
    "name": "Achievement 4"
    "name": "Achievement 5"
    "name": "Achievement 6"
    "name": "Achievement 7"
    "name": "Achievement 8"
    "name": "Achievement 9"
    "name": "Achievement 10"
    "name": "Achievement 11"
    "name": "Achievement 12

Fantastic, that's another GFWL game that I dont have to cram before the service shuts down.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All these Valve employees leaving to work at Oculus... The latest is Aaron Nicholls.

Since their corporate structure is flat, I guess that means there are a few openings. :)

how about

s 14/4

There is an infinite amount of years, but only a finite amount of dates in a month and since I like numbers smallest to largest more than the opposite, 4/14 makes more sense. But if we label the month then we would have to censor the third month next year.

Turfster

Oh right, we're over here now.
Was wondering why nobody was posting.

Kerbal is 40% off for a week.

There is an infinite amount of years, but only a finite amount of dates in a month and since I like numbers smallest to largest more than the opposite, 4/14 makes more sense. But if we label the month then we would have to censor the third month next year.

We should just name them like I do code builds:
YYYYMMDD (And if we keep accelerating, we'll have to add the -HHMM eventually at the end =p)

Arthea

Okay, this new recommendations thing rocks. I didn't even know this game existed before today. Looks... Wing Commander-ish (and that's a good thing!) Wishlisted.

Awesome giveaway, man! (Thanks for Card City Nights, by the way.) I've been seriously tempted to mock up ads and boxart for some of the titles you came up with, just for the hell of it. (I keep imagining this Working Designs-ish ad for "Rearguard Cinderella" with some anime-style female general angrily brandishing a sword and a double entendre tagline like, "Let no man take you from behind!" >.> )

lol, you totally could make a game itself, in RPG maker, and then I'd buy it (><)

Tellaerin

Facebook must be paying substantially better than Valve with these guys going over. Valve is more likely to survive than Facebook though.

Yeah, probably a case of, "Valve will still be there if/when this Facebook thing goes south." I mean, I doubt anyone's leaving on bad terms.

Sober

Damn, I dunno why but I feel like buying Titanfall. I feel like after a few days (or a week already?) I burned out on Reaper of Souls.

Still waiting for that Dark Souls 2 magic.

Salsa

LPLTHA-IK05YA-J2WO1V makes Goat Simulator $7.80 on GMG

Damn, I dunno why but I feel like buying Titanfall. I feel like after a few days (or a week already?) I burned out on Reaper of Souls.

Still waiting for that Dark Souls 2 magic.

it's very barebones and im not sure about year-long longevity and whatnot, but the core gameplay is just really fun.

Sober

LPLTHA-IK05YA-J2WO1V makes Goat Simulator $7.80 on GMG

it's very barebones and im not sure about year-long longevity and whatnot, but the core gameplay is just really fun.
I might just watch it on twitch for a while instead. At least they didn't get me by trying to buy BF4 Premium. I must've pre-ordered BF4 but maybe only put 20 hours into it. I don't really remember the last time I was into MP shooters.

derExperte

Look what I found in my HB account...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo -- MB-7D39B1040702743B - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 9 entrants total.

t1396390140z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Man, is there any way to activate games on your account without the desktop program? Specifically through the mobile site? I don't have any way to activate the games I've won through giveaways until this weekend at the earliest. :(

derExperte

Also this....

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-CDC7B4F32919C0A1 - Taken by zeroOman
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-8D16B19C70E0AD35 - Taken by fuzzy123

Ride to Hell Retribution is $1.99 on Steam...if you dare.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209340/

DLC is only 40 cents.

Bought the game but I don't know if I can justify buying the DLC.

Arthea

ModBot said:
I am giving away 56 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Big Standing SIDEWALK -- MB-17E6236F54C833C8
Plain nothingness -- MB-47A1D03F865C844F
The 93 flats -- MB-DD3EA1C9AE81EADF
Nathe: hiding under rock -- MB-7F3B886773E8774B
Dull 2 Devo -- MB-693CE679B70891D1
Kilobit Recoil -- MB-2DB23A4FBBBE1E73
Troll wither Burnia -- MB-D5E55F6B00D3B95D
lack of data burst slow backwards -- MB-8FE59AA791A3F067
Stars defending -- MB-767E9DC0AAD63A24
Station conquered -- MB-29E2C85790F15499
Loner sitter, crowl of woodenheaded -- MB-3B31AB75BCF41D85 - Taken by bronson
Levitating Critters -- MB-7BBD7700C97C5DEF
Natural Freebies -- MB-86F827834D3C734E

t1396385682z1.png

unclaimed games in order of appearance are:
Big Standing SIDEWALK - Little Racers STREET
Plain nothingness - Arcane Worlds
The 93 flats - The 39 steps
Nathe: hiding under rock - Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Dull 2 Devo - Sparkle 2 Evo
Kilobit Recoil - Megabyte Punch
Troll wither Burnia - Fairy Bloom Freesia
lack of data burst slow backwards - Data Jammers: FastForward
Stars defending - Planets Under Attack
Station conquered - Expeditions: Conquistador
Loner sitter, crowl of woodenheaded Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Levitating Critters - Gravity Badgers
Natural Freebies - Bionic Dues

I think I haven't missed anything, go get them guys!
I hope it'll work with moving to new thread, me editing modbot post and all

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I won this from Arthea but already had it, so here it goes :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander -- MB-C1E1F22062CBDAD2 - Taken by Nzyme32. 7 entrants total.

t1396390497z1.png

Nzyme32

I think we should trim down the title of the monthly thread a bit.

Is Announcements and Updates necessary?

How about "STEAM - 04/2014 - Whatever meme we're beating to death at the moment?"

That sounds like a pretty good idea. We really pretty much just go through a lot of different steam topics each month, and most people will naturally assume that a primary thread on steam will contain details of announcements and updates anyway.

I think pretty much all Steam related info is welcome, unless I'm mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom