• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushi-shi: The Sequel (new season) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
a15895-2834457359.13900s64.jpg

They existed long before anyone can remember. They are simple and strange in nature, not resembling any other plant or animal in this world. In ancient times, people revered these bizarre creatures and called them “Mushi.”

People once again began to believe in the existence of these "Mushi" when they began affecting their lives in inexplicable ways.

The one who connects the world of “Mushi” to the world of humans—they were called the "Mushi-Shi." All life exists not to hinder others in this world.

They are simply there to live as they were meant to.

Aniplex will be streaming!
http://www.aniplexusa.com/mushishi/

Announcement PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4p0eRy6ZU

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXhPRWY1L0E

STAFF
Original Story: Yuki Urushibara
Director: Hiroshi Nagahama
Script: Hiroshi Nagahama
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Music: Toshio Masuda
Animation Studio: ARTLAND

Pretty much the same staff from the first season which aired 8 years ago.

Official site
http://www.mushishi-anime.com/

The new season is split cours, first 12 episodes air from April 5 2014, remaining 12 episodes start from October 2014.

Streaming on Crunchyroll as well:

Tiffako here with another Spring 2014 announcement!
We have the anime Mushi-shi (Sequel Series)!
Mushi-shi (Sequel Series)! is available for Crunchyroll audiences in the following territories: US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
START DATE: Friday, 4/4/2014 9:00:00 Pacific Time

2001a0de125233eda5c30fdbae5ae91c1396482306_full.jpg

They are creatures only known as ‘Mushi,’ whose abilities range well into the supernatural. While their existence and appearances are unknown to the humans around them, there are a few like Ginko who is a ‘Mushi-shi’ that travels around to investigate and find out more about the ‘Mushi.’ During the course of his discovery and understanding, he helps those who are troubled by the Mushi themselves…

Zozz

Banned
This is great news, too bad it isn't on Netflix anymore, I could rewatch some episodes right now :(

Kvik

hypeintensifies.gif

My only issue is that I probably have to watch something light right after just to balance out the feels. :-\

Pete Rock

Fantastic news, I watched half of this four years ago and just finished it recently after rediscovering its beauty. There is something really serene about the opening credits and the cut of the song they used, it just puts me in a great mood for the unique and highly spiritual tales to follow.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm really looking forward to this, esp since the last anime I really enjoyed was Aku No Hana!

I need me some good atmosphere in my animus.

Famassu

It's been too long since I've seen the anime and while I've bought all the Mushishi manga, I can't quite remember... does the first Mushishi anime use all of the material from the manga or does it end before the manga and this second season will continue from where it left off? What I'm asking is... will these be all new stories? Or manga stuff finally in anime form?

omlet

S1 fans who bought all the Funimation DVD singles as they were released, let me see those hands.

I can't be the only one.

Hopefully it doesn't require extensive knowledge of the previous episodes, i'm interested in this because of its following but i'm not sure i can go through the rest of it before this starts.

And the subtitle is gone, why..

Hopefully it doesn't require extensive knowledge of the previous episodes, i'm interested in this because of its following but i'm not sure i can go through the rest of it before this starts.

The series is episodic, there is no overarching plotline.

Busaiku

Really hope Funimation manages to pick this up again.
Though it's doubtful given Aniplex is streaming it.

Still, I need Travis Willingham for Ginko.

MilkBeard

Oh wow, Mushi-shi is one of my favorite anime of all time, I'm really excited that they are making more episodes. I've got a Crunchyroll sub, so I'm covered. I'm so excited! ha ha. Can't believe it's airing so soon after the announcement as well.

Prax

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
I AM SO EXCITED!!
Ginko is great as a protagonist because it's more about the weird folklore, and his understated presence only adds to the mystique.

Actually wasn't aware that this was going to be a split cour. This makes it even better since my watchlist for the summer is already more full than usual. Looking forward to this show quite a bit!

duckroll

Nice. Glad someone made an OT for this. It's a miracle they're even doing another season. and it's really generous that they're adapting all the remaining manga stories completely.

Busaiku

Augh, why didn't Funimation license this.

Still, it's as great as ever.
But I definitely woudl've preferred waiting for English.

Clov

Augh, why didn't Funimation license this.

Still, it's as great as ever.
But I definitely woudl've preferred waiting for English.

I think since Aniplex is one of the producers in Japan, they get first dibs on it. That's probably why Funimation wasn't able to get this one.

What a great first episode though! It managed to reintroduce the basic ideas while not seeming tedious at all. Loved the interaction between Ginko and that other mushishi, too.

LayLa

This is probably my fav anime series ever, can't put into words how happy I am that they are doing a second series and covering the rest of the manga material.

Crocodile

Mushi-shi Season 2 Episode 1

It's been so long since I'd seen season 1 that I don't remember a lot of specifics but just general feelings and positive impressions. This was a great reintroduction of sorts. I thought the middle dragged a bit as the outsider perspective seemed a bit overemphasized, but the overall message, father-son interaction and world-building just made me happy in a way I can't really explain. Good to have this show back :)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's pretty amazing to be alive in 2014 and watching a second season of Mushi-Shi. First episode was pure brilliance.

Kite

Just saw the first episode on Crunchyroll, wish there was more Ginko (main character) but it is just as good as the first season. So far it is living up to expectations, I'm so happy right now :3

Pein

Banned
such a good series, I feel so peaceful watching this show. Loved the first ep, I need to marathon the first season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom