• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom lists six series as "powerful titles", includes Devil May Cry and Lost Planet

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I assume this means we're getting new entries in them.

Series that sold more than Lost Planet like Onimusha and Mega Man aren't listed, since you know, they're mostly dead these days.

The other four are kind of obvious given they have clear development teams and recent successful entries.

capcomlpz8dk4.png

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2013/full/explanation_2013_full_03.pdf

Sendou

I still don't believe they will make another Lost Planet game. After the last game it's hard to believe there's much reason to return to that IP compared to making a new one for example.

Philippo

Watch all of them going online-only for their new strategy.

Srsly too can't wait to see these brand on next-gen platforms, i'd like a Dragon's Dogma 2 too.

quetz67

Banned
So Resident Evil 6 amounts for about 10% of all Residen Evil Sales. Not too shabby with 10+ games in the series.

That poses the question if they really need to change the direction or reboot the series.

That's not a strong seller.

Weird, I thought I remember reading that Dragon's Dogma did reasonably well for them. Maybe I just made that up in my head at some point along the way.

Dragon's Dogma with online co-op would be pretty amazing. I hope they give it another chance down the line.

shaowebb

They should really post beside those how many of those title made profits and next to that whether they met the projected profits if any were made at all. List would shrink tremendously.

Surprising to see Lost Planet on that list. (Not that I have an opinion on it, one way or the other!) More power to that franchise, then. Wonder where Devil May Cry will be taken next. Sequel to the reboot, Devil May Cry 5, or something else - entirely?

I really hope we get DmC 2, it was a fun game that I would like to see a sequel to.

Bringing Lost Planet to Vancouver would be super interesting, although I really enjoyed Lost Planet 3. It was much better then it had any right to be given the developer pedigree.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Lost Planet 2 was incredible

I hope the series gets a chance to go back to something more like that and the first game. I heard the 3rd wasn't as bad as people thought it'd be, but I need that freeform grapple!

To be honest, I only ever played the demo of LP2, but I played it like 20 times.

Creaking

My first thought too.

Also, no Dragon's Dogma makes me a sad panda. I really hope there will be a sequel.

To be fair, Dragon's Dogma isn't a series yet. I heard it sold well for a new IP though, and Capcom was "pleased" with it's performance.

So... believe?

real surprising not to see castlevania either.

That's Konami, or is this a joke I still haven't gotten?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Weird, I thought I remember reading that Dragon's Dogma did reasonably well for them. Maybe I just made that up in my head at some point along the way.

Dragon's Dogma with online co-op would be pretty amazing. I hope they give it another chance down the line.
I suspect they might still be making one, but in terms of bigger entries in the listed series: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Resident Evil 5: 6.6 million
Resident Evil 6: 5.8 million

Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.8 million
Monster Hunter 4: 4.1 million

Street Fighter 4: 3.3 million
Super Street Fighter IV: 1.9 million
Street Fighter X Tekken: 1.7 million

Devil May Cry 4: 2.9 million
DmC Devil May Cry: 1.5 million

Dead Rising 2: 2.8 million
Dead Rising 1: 1.8 million
Dead Rising 3: 1.2 million (launch title)

Lost Planet 2: 1.8 million
Lost Planet 1: 1.5 million

Dragon's Dogma: 1.3 million

Dragon's Dogma, being only one entry and the lowest seller, probably didn't earn a position on here.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo it means nothing, i just read it as a company's curriculum so they filled it with all the best sales they had.

Creaking

Dead Rising 2: 2.8 million
Dead Rising 1: 1.8 million
Dead Rising 3: 1.2 million (launch title)

Hmm... 1.2 million from 2.8 million

Was it worth it Capcpom?

I'm still a little bitter...

People commonly confuse Capcom and Konami. Although less so these days it seems.

Got it, so it is a joke. I thought I saw something like it before, and no one else pointed it out, so I figured something must be up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Imo it means nothing, i just read it as a company's curriculum so they filled it with all the best sales they had.

Were that true, Mega Man should would presumably be listed, given it did 30 million.

Onimusha is also at 8 million, so both of these outclass Lost Planet.

I understand not listing Marvel vs. Capcom since they don't own that.

Top Bottom