• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom lists six series as "powerful titles", includes Devil May Cry and Lost Planet

No Dino Crisis plans makes me a bit sad.

DMC can redeem itself if the old Dante is in the front with DMC5. No cocky half assed Nero or Twilight Dante.

Requiescat In Pace.

Megaman11.jpg

onimusha-3-demon-s-4e265b771a559.jpg

Onimusha-soul-arte-586.jpg

animepaper.netpicture-standard-video-games-onimusha-jubei-yagyu-54421-kamrankhalid-preview-d4accbd8.jpg

m7jYgTn.jpg

~May these forgotten heroes live on as they once were in hearts and minds, and not as bastardised F2P/mobile/DLC characters.

Liamario

Banned
If they feel that they are their six best titles, there's no hope for them. They're sitting on a gold mine of fantastic IPs and they have FUCKING Lost Planet as one of their better franchises. Who on earth is running the show over there. I honestly can't see them surviving this generation.

Come on Capcom, Seriously it would be pretty stupid to not bring a ''Dino Crisis Reboot'' to E3 this year.

Heck you can make it action oriented like Dino Crisis 2 was, use Resident Evil 5 Gameplay, and you will still get huge amount of hype.

There are few to no dinosaurs game nowadays, you can take the market by surprise bringing the first AAA dinosaurs title, it will be a huge success.

=====
I wonder what will Capcom show us this E3, I am losing faith.

If they're not going to do something with mega man or any of their older ips then let a small band of dev misfits make downloadable games for them. It's better to utilize the ip and get a small return than not use it and get no return at all.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is Lost Planet just garbage mechanically? I've yet to play one but they seem like something I'd enjoy. They seem arcadey. I think they "look" okay but maybe they play poorly.

Tizoc

Somebody at Capcom sure loves them some Lost Planet.

From the looks of it, aside from SF and MonHun, those titles are seen as action oriented, which is prob. why they list them as being games that are top sellers for them or seen as such.

onionfrog

Mega man is not on the list. ;_;
Capcom cancelled the entire franchise!

Why is lost planet on there? Didn't lost planet 3 bomb horribly?

Xater

Requiescat In Pace.

Megaman11.jpg

onimusha-3-demon-s-4e265b771a559.jpg

Onimusha-soul-arte-586.jpg

animepaper.netpicture-standard-video-games-onimusha-jubei-yagyu-54421-kamrankhalid-preview-d4accbd8.jpg

m7jYgTn.jpg

~May these forgotten heroes live on as they once were in hearts and minds, and not as bastardised F2P/mobile/DLC characters.

I am no longer that sad about Mega Man thanks to Mighty No 9, I would love to see a new Onimusha though. There is so much you could to with that series.

abadguy

Banned
Hmm... 1.2 million from 2.8 million

Was it worth it Capcpom?

I'm still a little bitter...

Should'nt you pose that question to MS, since they funded it to get made?

I really hope we get DmC 2, it was a fun game that I would like to see a sequel to.

Bringing Lost Planet to Vancouver would be super interesting, although I really enjoyed Lost Planet 3. It was much better then it had any right to be given the developer pedigree.

I hope that the rumor of Ninja Theory making Heavenly Sword 2 are true. This way NT fans can just play that shit and Capcom makes a real DMC game. Everyone wins.

Haroon

I miss Onimusha. I recently completed Onimusha: Warlords, and it had a pretty sweet ending. In addition to the awesome ending,
you unlock a pretty neat panda suit without requiring any DLC content
. It is sad to see that they don't plan on reviving the series.

Should'nt you pose that question to MS, since they funded it to get made?

Especially silly as the first superior game was a Xbox 360 exclusive.

Of all the franchises to be upset about exclusivity, Dead rising is way down the list.

The games also generally mediocre too.

BTHR Zero X

What's with the Lost Planet hate? I love the series, I hope they go back to LP 1 & 2 style though.

Everyone can hate LP 3 as much as they want though.

I have no idea what is with the hate. I guess they could not beat extreme. Honestly I love the series I own all entries in the series

Xbox 360
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Collectors Edition
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

PS3
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
E.X. Troopers

PC
Lost Planet Extreme Condition (Disc and Digital)
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies (Disc and Digital)
Lost Planet 2 (Digital)
Lost Planet 3 (Digital)

I hope that the rumor of Ninja Theory making Heavenly Sword 2 are true. This way NT fans can just play that shit and Capcom makes a real DMC game. Everyone wins.

I wouldn't be happy. I would like Ninja Theory to continue down the path they started. I like their take on Devil May Cry.

And wasn't the talk that it was either DmC or nothing in regards to the franchise?

Sometimes I dream that Capcom will suddenly wake up from the trance they've been in for the last... console generation, I guess, and go back to pumping out awesome action games one after another. They've had all these years to try outsourcing, chasing the Gears crowd, iOSing it up, killing beloved franchises, but I think we can all agree it's high time to return to the PS2-era glory days. Starting with DMC5 this E3.

...Sometimes I dream...

Korigama

I wouldn't be happy. I would like Ninja Theory to continue down the path they started. I like their take on Devil May Cry.

And wasn't the talk that it was either DmC or nothing in regards to the franchise?
Capcom never said anything of the sort.
You guys do realize that Lost Planet has more entries than just LP1-3, right? E.X. Troopers is a part of the series as well.
That bombed even harder than Lost Planet 3, though (I would've liked to see the game released outside of Japan, but between its poor sales and their excuse regarding the text in the cutscene word bubbles, it seems it wasn't meant to be).

Silky

Banned
Capcom never said anything of the sort.

That bombed even harder than Lost Planet 3, though (I would've liked to see the game released outside of Japan, but between its poor sales and their excuse regarding the text in the cutscene word bubbles, it seems it wasn't meant to be).

Shame. Still, 5.6 Million sales for a new IP established last gen is incredibly impressive. Same for Dead Rising.

monome

Lost Dino Planet.

Dragon May Dogma.

see Capcom, just a few edits and you have millions sellers games that are potentially good games too.

don't bother with DMC, PG* has it cornered.
Same for Lost Planet which is such a turd setting-wise, you may as well have the next game set on a planet called Nebula which holds a jurassik themed park for human settlers around the galaxy.

Top Bottom